What is your best way of removing those damn things? or what is your system to prevent them from sticking?
Pam cooking spray
does pam ruins the clear coat?
Just spray water on the bugs before you start washing the vehicle and within 5 min of being wet they will come right off with a soft scrub brush.
Quote from: jpease on May 10, 2007, 02:51:39 PM
What is your best way of removing those damn things? or what is your system to prevent them from sticking?
Take a dryer Sheet 4 or 5 and a water hose on mist..you will be amazed ;)
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 10, 2007, 03:29:17 PM
Quote from: jpease on May 10, 2007, 02:51:39 PM
What is your best way of removing those damn things? or what is your system to prevent them from sticking?
Take a dryer Sheet 4 or 5 and a water hose on mist..you will be amazed ;)
my neighbor told me about that last night. He told the me the softener in the sheet soften the bugs right up.
I use something called a "Bug Bar" from Discount Auto. It's a yellow hard sponge that works great and does nto harm my paint.
brillo pad works great on the front bumper of a Mustang,,,,,right Nightbreed? ;-)
Id@
Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 10, 2007, 03:51:22 PM
brillo pad works great on the front bumper of a Mustang,,,,,right Nightbreed? ;-)
Id@
Yep I had a girlfriend (HAD) that washed my truck for me being nice....SOS pad the whole damn thing >:( :o
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on May 10, 2007, 03:55:11 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 10, 2007, 03:51:22 PM
brillo pad works great on the front bumper of a Mustang,,,,,right Nightbreed? ;-)
Id@
Yep I had a girlfriend (HAD) that washed my truck for me being nice....SOS pad the whole damn thing >:( :o
the same neighbor who told me about the drier sheets bought his wife a brand new spanking eddie bauer expedition 2006. He went on a 2 week business trip, right in the middle of love bug season (BTW, worst season ever) she cleaned the love bugs off with a brillo pad. 2 weeks into owning the expedition. :'(
that would suck I hate love bug season I went fishing this weekend on the coast and hit a couple patches of them I really need to wash my truck tonight
Put a piece of patio screen over your front grill.
A nice coat of wax will help on the removal.
If that fails.. Maybe a tub of vasoline on the hood before you take head off can do the trick.
a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet works great thats what me and my brother used when we had a detailing business.
Quote from: eldiablo64 on May 10, 2007, 06:15:38 PM
a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet works great thats what me and my brother used when we had a detailing business.
that does not scratch the paint? I never heard that?
i had them stuck on the front of my trailer and even the dryer sheets wouldnt get the stains off. i had to use a scrub sponge, but im sure that would scratch a cars clear coat
we never had a problem with it scratchin you gotta use the kind like they put in bass boats.
A little bit of elbow grease does the trick 8)
I was going to make a thread on this. My parents drove to Sarasota for the day, came back and good lord you should have seen the amount of lovebugs stuck to the Jeep. There were atleast 200 in total. All I did was pour a bottle of car soap all over the front of the Jeep + Windshield, let it sit 5-10minutes, then used a regular towel. Came off fairly easy.
Stay out of central Florida.
But they are not only in Central FL, they are along the East Coast too.
Quote from: renmus on May 10, 2007, 11:34:04 PM
But they are not only in Central FL, they are along the East Coast too.
I could swear I saw some small ones down here in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. It has been 10+ years since they made it down this far. Must be the fires and wind.
I drive to Sarasota every day for work and they are really bad.
yeah i drive to vero 3 to 4 times a week and they are really bad here to.. The best way i have found is to was the front of truck and then use pressure cleaner to get them off works great.
Quote from: mud.junkie on May 10, 2007, 11:57:38 PM
yeah i drive to vero 3 to 4 times a week and they are really bad here to.. The best way i have found is to was the front of truck and then use pressure cleaner to get them off works great.
I agree!
Just let them sit on there, eventually they will eat away the paint then you wont have to worry about them messing up the paint job any more. ;)
Well, I can say with 100% confidence after years of scrubbing the drier sheets win hands down. There must be something in the softener that helps. It was real easy. I live out in the country and just a drive down my driveway I end up with love bugs on the grill. This is going to be a real time saver.
Quote from: bigscrub79 on May 11, 2007, 01:03:25 AM
Just let them sit on there, eventually they will eat away the paint then you wont have to worry about them messing up the paint job any more. ;)
I like the way you think.
i've used all the following, and they all work great.
lay a wet towel on them for 10-15, they soften up and you can wash right off
dryer sheets (used) work great
the yellow scrub sponges (similar to a green dish scrubbie but made for cars), that anoriginal mentioned works great and don't scratch the paint
dont hit them and you dont have to clean them off :D :D :D