Is anybody on here gonna do it besides me?
I haven't heard about it. What do you have to do to get involved?
i would love to. how do we find info?
whats the purpose?
Is this what you're referring to?
http://myfwc.com/gators/public.htm
http://myfwc.com/gators/public/ALLIGATOR_HUNT_07.pdf
yeah same one
I do that every weekend. We go shoot as many gators in the canals as we can. Then leave them for dead.
thats a pretty dumba$$ thing to say
is this for sport..or like a population control? i clicked that link but couldnt get much info....are you just trapping...or shooting? and its kind of expensive...no?
its for sport and pop control but as far as being expensive the liscensce for 272.00 is the most you would probably invest
Quote from: shirah86 on May 10, 2007, 08:10:59 PM
its for sport and pop control but as far as being expensive the liscensce for 272.00 is the most you would probably invest
and a bang stick, rope, AIRBOAT, and of course big balls
Quote from: shirah86 on May 09, 2007, 03:37:12 PM
Is anybody on here gonna do it besides me?
I'm there!
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on May 10, 2007, 12:49:27 PM
I do that every weekend. We go shoot as many gators in the canals as we can. Then leave them for dead.
I hope this is a joke, even if it is, it is in poor taste.
Quote from: ScooterB on May 10, 2007, 08:53:40 PM
Quote from: shirah86 on May 10, 2007, 08:10:59 PM
its for sport and pop control but as far as being expensive the liscensce for 272.00 is the most you would probably invest
and a bang stick, rope, AIRBOAT, and of course big balls
LMAO, with an airboat you need medium balls, We'll be fishin in a jonboat. ;) I ain't coming back without a pair of 12-14'er either!
Quote from: JackL on May 10, 2007, 11:16:58 PM
Quote from: ScooterB on May 10, 2007, 08:53:40 PM
Quote from: shirah86 on May 10, 2007, 08:10:59 PM
its for sport and pop control but as far as being expensive the liscensce for 272.00 is the most you would probably invest
and a bang stick, rope, AIRBOAT, and of course big balls
LMAO, with an airboat you need medium balls, We'll be fishin in a jonboat. ;) I ain't coming back without a pair of 12-14'er either!
How you gonna steer the boat with a pair of 12- 14 ft balls?
Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on May 10, 2007, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: JackL on May 10, 2007, 11:16:58 PM
Quote from: ScooterB on May 10, 2007, 08:53:40 PM
Quote from: shirah86 on May 10, 2007, 08:10:59 PM
its for sport and pop control but as far as being expensive the liscensce for 272.00 is the most you would probably invest
and a bang stick, rope, AIRBOAT, and of course big balls
LMAO, with an airboat you need medium balls, We'll be fishin in a jonboat. ;) I ain't coming back without a pair of 12-14'er either!
How you gonna steer the boat with a pair of 12- 14 ft balls?
I manage Ok on my wheeler. :)
They don't get quite so big down here anyway 12' max I've ever seen. I would like to goto LA or GA to battle some real beasts, but these little guys down here will have to do. ;)
hey shirah..where are you gonna do this at? arent you in pinellas?
nah im in polk when it comes time yall can come with me and my buddys if yah want, all were gonna use is jon boats thats all u need
oh and the 44 caliber bangstick would help
Quote from: shirah86 on May 11, 2007, 04:03:01 PM
nah im in polk when it comes time yall can come with me and my buddys if yah want, all were gonna use is jon boats thats all u need
Yeah, the bang stick is nice too. I wish we could bait em like they do elsewhere. They tell me if you hang a chicken about 7 feet over the canal you will get a 12', lower smaller, higher bigger.
Hardest thing is not getting them to run away to the bottom.
Quote from: JackL on May 11, 2007, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: shirah86 on May 11, 2007, 04:03:01 PM
nah im in polk when it comes time yall can come with me and my buddys if yah want, all were gonna use is jon boats thats all u need
Yeah, the bang stick is nice too. I wish we could bait em like they do elsewhere. They tell me if you hang a chicken about 7 feet over the canal you will get a 12', lower smaller, higher bigger.
Hardest thing is not getting them to run away to the bottom.
you done this befor jack?
Quote from: k.p. on May 11, 2007, 09:25:59 PM
Quote from: JackL on May 11, 2007, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: shirah86 on May 11, 2007, 04:03:01 PM
nah im in polk when it comes time yall can come with me and my buddys if yah want, all were gonna use is jon boats thats all u need
Yeah, the bang stick is nice too. I wish we could bait em like they do elsewhere. They tell me if you hang a chicken about 7 feet over the canal you will get a 12', lower smaller, higher bigger.
Hardest thing is not getting them to run away to the bottom.
you done this befor jack?
Yes. I have some cool video and pics I will dig up.
If any of you are thinking of doing this for the first time, pay a guide to take you. Get your license and go out with an experienced trapper. Lots are listed on the web.
weve done it before me and my bro grew up knowing the best nuisance gator trapper in the state
Quote from: shirah86 on May 11, 2007, 09:57:20 PM
weve done it before me and my bro grew up knowing the best nuisance gator trapper in the state
I hear ya, I just wanted to point out to the wannabe rambos around here that this isn't something you just decide to do on the spur of the moment, and go out there and give the hunt bad press with a tragedy.
FWIW: It is pretty cheap to find some good trapper/guides in central Florida, and a good time is assured with minimum danger.