Weird stuff happening these days!
No shiittt I just watched that on the news!
That is insane, I have to think it had to escape from somewhere, cause thats a helluva a swim from the arctic circle!
One has been in Hobe Sound since Thursday, they are checking to see if it is the same one or not? Don't think she can swim that far so quick. Last year there were 2 in the area one died and the other was sent up to New Jersey after recovery ;)
Quote from: JuniorMudder on May 07, 2007, 09:07:56 PM
Weird stuff happening these days!
BTW you need to change this color on your posts....I can hardly see it ;)
Haven't they lost track of the seal that was seen in the IR Lagoon. I think that is the one that was later in Hobe Sound. Last I heard they were searching for her.
Global Warming my butt!!!!! Is that why a seal made it to Miami? cause the water is so hot.
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5518392,00.html
There is also a video on the subject on the page.
dont tell uncle rico.....
Them critters good eatin.....almost as good as manatee burgers ;D
Quote from: bushwacker on May 08, 2007, 01:05:05 AM
Them critters good eatin.....almost as good as manatee burgers ;D
nothing near as good as panther chili with bald eagle souffle on the side.
and don't forget the gopher tortoise tetrazini lol
Quote from: kawGIRL on May 07, 2007, 11:48:21 PM
Quote from: JuniorMudder on May 07, 2007, 09:07:56 PM
Weird stuff happening these days!
BTW you need to change this color on your posts....I can hardly see it ;)
Sorry about the color. The other place I go has black background.
The news says it was the same one from up north. I think he was so cute laying on the seawall. :)
bushwacker - Them critters good eatin.....almost as good as manatee burgers
I wouldnt want to skin it!
nothing near as good as panther chili with bald eagle souffle on the side.
Ok now this does sound like it might be tasty after a long night in the woods. :)
Quote from: Southern4x4 on May 08, 2007, 12:53:57 AM
dont tell uncle rico.....
i think he knows..... he brought it.
...like 300 lbs or so...anybody seen Id@ lately?????? ;D
i really need to start watching more tv as this is the first i have heard of this.
Glad the seal made it after all we are a tourist state aka snowbirds lol
thats one of rico's seals he's been training to fight.rico's lost it after they had a lovers quarrel the other night.
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29611567.jpg)
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29611566.jpg)
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29611561.jpg)
Taken down! Way harder than you would think. It made for great TV!!
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29616709.jpg)
Man that NOAA girl is hot!
aw man!! that seal was just chillin! they took it out like a robery suspect!
Quote from: sykolincoln on May 08, 2007, 01:43:24 PM
aw man!! that seal was just chillin! they took it out like a robery suspect!
LOL, to be honest with you, it was more like trying to take OJ down in a Bronco. :)
Here is the video.
http://video.sun-sentinel.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?clipid1=1420141&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=Rescuers+make+several+attempts+to+capture+a+seal&d1=565533&redirUrl=http://www.sun-sentinelcom&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&playerVersion=9&hostPageUrl=http%3A//video.sun-sentinel.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp%3Fclipid1%3D1420141%26at1%3DNews%26vt1%3Dv%26h1%3DRescuers+make+several+attempts+to+capture+a+seal%26d1%3D565533%26redirUrl%3Dhttp%3A//www.sun-sentinelcom%26activePane%3Dinfo%26LaunchPageAdTag%3Dhomepage&rnd=22123491
If a whale shark shows up next, we are going to need a larger 'Marine Animal Ambulance'. :)
This just goes to show, they know about and love South Florida even in the Arctic circle.
He'd better pay the 14% hotel room tax though...)
Quote from: JackL on May 08, 2007, 01:37:37 PM
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29611567.jpg)
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29611566.jpg)
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29611561.jpg)
Taken down! Way harder than you would think. It made for great TV!!
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29616709.jpg)
Man that NOAA girl is hot!
I dated a girl that looked like that but then I sobered up!
too bad, it died on the way to orlando........
That sucks. They said it didn't look too good before they captured it.
Bill
Quote from: garym on May 08, 2007, 03:40:10 PM
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2007-05/29616709.jpg)
Man that NOAA girl is hot!
I dated a girl that looked like that but then I sobered up!
LMAO, the one on the left or right. :) Did she like like to be tied up in nets like your girl here?