ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: svtbolt04 on May 04, 2007, 02:51:38 AM

Title: Ordering new steering stem, but need messurement
Post by: svtbolt04 on May 04, 2007, 02:51:38 AM
I am going to order a new Houser stem for my 06 YFZ450, I believe they were +1 or somthing factory.. They are taller than the 04-05.. I want it back to stock because I am going to be putting on flexx bars that I believe are high bends..I just dont know if I should get the +1 or the +2 since they dont really say which year they are for when I order...

Let me know, thanks!
Title: Re: Ordering new steering stem, but need messurement
Post by: lawn_man mx on May 04, 2007, 03:18:34 AM
      go  with the +1     06 yfz is  13/16''  taller than  04 -05 yfz         
           +13/16''= +1
            +1 3/16''=+2         hope this helps         info  is from  magicracing.com   controls page  ;D
       
Title: Re: Ordering new steering stem, but need messurement
Post by: svtbolt04 on May 05, 2007, 09:50:08 AM
Awesome, thanks for the help!
Title: Re: Ordering new steering stem, but need messurement
Post by: backinsaddle on May 07, 2007, 04:32:56 PM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on May 04, 2007, 02:51:38 AM
I am going to order a new Houser stem for my 06 YFZ450, I believe they were +1 or somthing factory.. They are taller than the 04-05.. I want it back to stock because I am going to be putting on flexx bars that I believe are high bends..I just dont know if I should get the +1 or the +2 since they dont really say which year they are for when I order...

Let me know, thanks!

when i ordered my flexx bars from atp, they told me the bars are about 3/4" lower than stock...may want to check it out
Title: Re: Ordering new steering stem, but need messurement
Post by: #21yfz on May 12, 2007, 08:19:40 PM
i ordered a +1 over stock houser stem for my 06 yfz and pro taper mid bend bars and its taller then stock but not by to much..however i did have to reroute my throttle and clutch cables to make them long enough to have slack..i have a stock 06 stem if your interested