how do u no about the optinal lights if it will be ok with charging system? i got an 05 eiger with nolights on it now wanna put fog lights on it like for a car
I have never had an issue using Fog lights on a Quad with the Standard Charging system.....
I don't know the answer, but I do know when we put lights on my son's 90, it kills the battery. More than likely due to the fact his battery just can't handle the load. But now husband has a radio hooked up to his atv, and run it all the time w/o any problem.... So guess it depends on the voltage your battery is able to handle....
my guess is it's based on the machine. the yfz doesn't like any additional power drawn, but there are several companies you can buy aftermarket stators from that will up the juice (ricky stator comes to mind, so does trail tech). If I want to run additional lights or a 12 volt outlet for my gps, I'll have to upgrade. Either find a eiger specific forum, or you'll need to get some statistics on the current output/draw for your machine...
120w max on the 12v plug in so if the lights are 55w each i should be good b/c its under the 120w i think it will be but i am not sure
I've been running secondary Warn lights on my Vinson and FourTrax for over a year. No problem.
ok cool the trail lights are 55w?