I recently used my GPS Garmin V in the Ocala National Forest and found that hardly any of the numbered streets show on the map source program that came with the GPS. Does anyone know of a different program that shows the roads??? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Topo 24 east
http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topo24knpeast.jsp#
Grizz
http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topo24knpeast.jsp
hmm...new version out now?
thrasher , how much memory do you need?
Topo National Parks 24K: EAST 931 309 MB 0.33 MB
Grizz
Thanks for all the responses. Any one in the area that wants to trail ride feel free to let me know. Thanks :)
my garmin only has an 8mb card in it.
mine has only 128 MB
J/k
Grizz
showoff!
:P
OK, guys. FNG here ;). I pick up my brand new Eiger on Tuesday. Anyone able to ride ONF and show me around on Wednesday or Thursday?
QuoteOK, guys. FNG here ;). I pick up my brand new Eiger on Tuesday. Anyone able to ride ONF and show me around on Wednesday or Thursday?
Sorry I wont be there until march 18 to the 23 for spring break. Let me know if U still want to ride.
Btw welcome to the site
Grizz
Grizz-
I gotta be off one of those days. Let's plan on it. BTW, I have a 176C with a 128 card, too. :D
gah!
showoffs!
:D
QuoteGrizz-
I gotta be off one of those days. Let's plan on it. BTW, I have a 176C with a 128 card, too. :D
[/size]
The 176 shut it self off while riding or even tapping on the unit the battery contact are weak and alloy the unit to turn off. It is best to use the unit with the power cord without the battery in the unit.
Grizz
Quotegah!
showoffs!
:D
I use the 176 for the boat 'cause I can't see my etrex Vista while underway (I found that out the hard way...). I got the 128 card so I wouldn't have to keep loading maps when I went to a different area. It was expen$ive, but much simpler to deal with. [smiley=Wink.gif]
QuoteI recently used my GPS Garmin V in the Ocala National Forest and found that hardly any of the numbered streets show on the map source program that came with the GPS. Does anyone know of a different program that shows the roads??? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
To get back to your original question, the Mapsource Topo program may be better, but you will have to download the areas you want to use. What size memory does your unit have? If we ever meet, I may be able to help you with that, if you get my meaning...
Kurt
GSPKURT, I have a Garmin V GPS, it has 19mb of memory. I dont think I can buy a memory card for it. Do you live around the ocala area?????
That's a good amount of memory. My Vista has 24mb and I can fit the whole state of Florida's topo maps in it. :o I live in Trenton, near Gainesville.