I'm going up at the end of march. Can any one tell me anything about it? I'm camping in Alexander Springs so how much of a pain is going to be to get to Big Scrub from there? Or is it?
Any info will be very much appreciated!
First you cant ride your quad out of Alexander Springs. You have to tow it out to an area like Big Scrub. Its about 15 miles to get from Alexander Springs to Big Scrub. The only 2 campgrounds that you can ride from are Big Scrub and Lake Delancy West
Hey thanks for that info. Are you aware of what is needed to ride there (registration, etc.)?
nothing, unload your quad and have fun ;D , that is if your talkin about ridin at big scrub, it cost to camp there obviously, but if u park on the power lines it dont
Any pinpointers you can give me regarding big scrub? and which is better big scrub or delancy west?
Scrub is a really good place to go if your going there for the first time. Only think I have to consider when going to onf is my kids and there safety. There are soo many people at and around scrub that its hard to keep track of who's coming and going and from what direction. After you go there once though you will be able to investigate places to park away from scrub that arn't as busy. You just gotta keep someone at your rig so everything you go with comes home with you if ya know what I mean. Its a great place onf really is.
I'm new here AWESOME site! I'm planning on going to Big Scrub later this month....Whats the deal on helmets and towing my kids on the back of my wheelers? (2-2005 SWEET Black Honda Rincons)
Thanks
No rules, Just ride.
You do need to stay off of numbered roads, and there will be absolutely no littering. PLEASE take out more than what you take in.
Mike
Hey Big G when are you planning on going?
I'm planning on going the 19 and 20 of spring break, this March!
I'll be over at mud, sweat, and gears that weekend! Let me know when you return on how it went with your trip. I'll be heading u p on the 28th - 30th.
I anyone else is going to be there at the same time maybe we can hook up. Keep me posted
QuoteNo rules, Just ride.
You do need to stay off of numbered roads, and there will be absolutely no littering. PLEASE take out more than what you take in.
Mike
sweet thanks for the info.....makes me wonder why they don't allow towing at Big Cypress??.....I'm more likely to pick up other peoples trash than throw my own down!
QuoteHey Big G when are you planning on going?
March 19-20 for sure and try to stay till Mon & Tue......I got ran out of the squares last weekend..the ranger siad it was a forest now ??? we we're like "A forest? where's the trees??? lol
he didn't say anything to the truck load of tiki roof builders raping a field full of palmetto trees of all their palms and making a huge mess?
Quotesweet thanks for the info.....makes me wonder why they don't allow towing at Big Cypress??.....I'm more likely to pick up other peoples trash than throw my own down!
;)
hey all we'll be their the 19 to thr 24 hope to see you all . we will be a group about ten people. been their befor but never for spring break any info on whether and amount of people this time of year? thanks. 8)