delete this please by request
That is Mr. Underhills place, he used to put on "Mud Fest" (The first one) ;D
He got fined lot's of money for tearing up "HIS" land [smiley=Confused.gif] from Martin County, it was/is a big ordeal....
Now you can go out there and buy Bamboo and camp if you want on the weekends [smiley=Wink.gif]
Had alot of fun riding that place a long time ago..
Big problem is that it's really dusty...and not good for sport quads...
But, hey,,it's one of the only places to ride so we cannot be too picky..
tvman
there were a bunch of sport quads out there hte other day and they were having a blast man! runnin trails, racing around the "oasis" area...great time man.
and ya, thats the property. He can't really hand out fliers and stuff from what i hear, so it needs to spread by word of mouth :)
i will have to check this place out . riding is getting harder to do when they keep closing down places to ride
I was told that on any given weekend there are not too many bikes out there and it's a real blast..
The last time I was there they had an event and it was crazy..
Maybe a bunch of us should get together and meet up there to ride a bit..
tvman
This past weekend, there were probably a total of about 15-20 trucks, 7 or 8 fourwheelers on saturday and quite a few more on sunday, including a 660 Rhino 4x4.
There seems to be quite a few trails and jumps and bumps for the 2 wheelers and plenty of mud for the 4-wheelers.
someone want to put it together? i live too far south to organize it but i can most likely go :)
R U talking about where the old mud fest used to be off of the beeline?
If so he is still letting people ride and camp there over the weekends? I had a great time when i was there.
Thanks
YUP [smiley=Wink.gif]
You have to buy Bamboo if you go 10-20 $ worth
Is it only open certain days or everyweekend?
I am assuming that it is not as crazy as it was.
Do you have directions to get there?
Thanks for the info!!!
Take Beeline (710) west to 714 (SW Martin Hwy.) it's about 1 mile on left. or I-95 N to 714 exit 110 west ? a ways ? go over tracks and it's on right. Look for Bamboo poles and flags.
Don't forget to buy your Bamboo [smiley=Wink.gif]
Thanks you for the info again.
You have helped me before so thanks.
Do they allow sport bikes or just 4x4
they allow everything, but don't be like the guy with the 660 raptor that was riding at 4am with no exhaust 6 feet from my tent!! LOL
he was a really cool, nice guy, but damn, dude, lay off the riding when everyone's sleepin!!
Thanks, there wont be any riding at 4 am just sleeping, waiting for the next day to ride.
I live only 1/4 mile from Ed and I didn't even know he was still letting people in! I did see a few quads on trailers last weekend but I figured it was only a quinkie dink. For a good place to ride Ill buy as much bamboo as I can get. Besides I love his signs that I see everywhere. "Buy Bamboo"
I got an email from him the other day.... it sounds as tho hes working things out as far as all those fines go. And hope to have another event someday but for now he has bamboo sales on the weekend. Fortunatly the only bamboo he has ready is on the other side of a hugh mudhole. ;) I've been over there about twice so far this year and it feels wierd after being out there when there was 1000's of people.. and now its just 20-30, shopping for bamboo :-X
As long as you buy his bamboo he has no problems letting people hangout and ride for the day? Is anyone planning n going out there this weekend or next?
Yeah I'm gonna look to skoot over there and see whats available maybe next weekend.
i'm gonna skoot over there this afternoon... see if he can make me some bamboo skid plates for my prairie...
Zin, Did you get your bike fixed ? I think I will go Bamboo shopping this weekend.
I've never been to ED's how is the terrain and acreage like?
LOL Bamboo. I dont even have to pay edward. When I go out there me and my friends help him move tin and crap around his farm. Where headed up there this week to camp the 4th,5th and 6. My buddy owns a lease out there so. ;D
Are people still allowed to go out there and ride or is it an invite only situation? I have been out there before when he was still having the mud fest events. I thought that he was shut down by the state. Please let me know about riding out there because any type or riding is better than no riding. Keep me informed, talk to ya later.
Tom :)
Spoke to him on Wenesday and he will be open for business(bamboo) on Sat. $10.00 fee to get in. I'm going Sunday so I'll let ya know how it is.
I will be there on Saturday w/ a bunch of folks. Everyyone needs to come out and go "Bamboo" shopping, so we can have a little entertainment while we are looking for bamboo. ;)
I WILL BE GOING SAT WITH THE OULANDERS AND A RAPTOR TO BUY SOME BAMBOO
can anyone give me better directions on getting there i will becoming i 95 south from psl
Sure take I-95 to exit 110. Go west about 5 1/2mi. you'll come to a four way stop. Continue straight(west) until you go over a R/R and Ed is on the right about 1/10th of a mile. You will see American flags by the road.
Hope this helps!!!!
Anyone going on Sunday?
i am glad that people are standing up for there free rights