My brother was involved in a horrible motor cycle accident last night. He actually fell over one of our local interstate systems (I-275) and landed about 25' below to a sidewalk right next to a busy road. I thank God he is still living but basically he broke and punctured almost every bone and organ in his body (neck, shoulder, back,hip,leg,foot,ribs,spleen,liver,lungs,bleeding in the brain, etc). He actually is able to communicate with you by nodding and gripping your hand. He is even able to move his legs, feet, arms and hand. I know God was there for him and now I ask that he continues his healing and hopefully keeps him from getting ammonia in his lungs.
The doctors say that he will be in the hospital at least a month if not two due to the collapsed lungs. Anyhow your prayers would be much appreciated and I will relay to him that this wonderful site that has many wonderful friends is behind his speedy recovery.
WOW, Sorry to her about this horrible accident My family will pray for him. get well
prayers have been sent.
May GOD be with your whole family in a time like this.
Thanks to all
Will put in for prayer request at my church as well. GodSpeed to him and your family and yourself. Keep your chin up and be positive for him.
I believe its a miracle he is still with us after all that. I will keep him & your family in my prayers.
Man I am really sorry to hear this. Your brother has been given a 2nd chance from God I hope he recovers ahead of schedule.
Thanks to all, I will be printing these and reading them to him just to let him know the support behind him.
Another reason I am SO PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF ATVFLORIDA.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!
done. sorry to hear about this.
I am very sorry. We will keep your brother in our prayers.....
I'm sorry to hear what happenned.I hope he makes a well recovery.If he survived that fall, he was being looked upon by someone higher.My thoughts and prayers go out to him!!
All of us are 1 big family on this site,even if most of us have never met. I hope your brother recovers.If he needs blood
let me Know I give all the time,I can have it sent to him. Others on the site can do the same I think? The thing that
Dr's are concerned about is Pneumonia,in his lungs.I guessing he had a helmet on? Good luck.
Yes, he had a SHOEI on and I am sending them a testimony based on their product. That helmet survived a 25' fall and a straight blow to the back of it. It has 3 large cracks and strings hanging out everywhere but he only has a bruise (very minor they say) on the brain. They had him on blood until last night and now he is off. Thank you for your generosity.
jayman,
I'm sorry about your brother. I don't have one but I know there is nothing like having a brother.
Something tell's me he's gonna be fine. This Wed. there was a bike laid down at Dale Mabry & Bay To Bay.
It chokes me up when I see that or hear about it.
I'll say a prayer,
kelly
Thanks to all
God will be with him and your family. Praying for him and Sarah.
Sorry to hear the news about your brother. My family and I will keep him in our prayers.
Just checking up for a update on your bro. That is 1 bad Azzzz helmet. I have buddys that ride on the street all the time
and do not use a helmet. Wish they could see the one your bro was useing!!!!! Good luck :) .
I will post a pic of it. He is still doing well. After the hip surgery this week they will be removing the breathing tubes and then taking him off from the sedation. He will then be able to speak to us and maybe fill in some missing gaps such as passwords for his business.
All of the nurses and doctors keep on saying how fortunate he is and after seeing the actual fall/wreck it is amazing that we are not planning a funeral for him.
Please keep the prayers coming, he is finishing surgery as we speak to place a filter/basket in his main vein to catch any blood clots because they can not thin his blood due to the spleen and liver bleeding.
Our PRAYERS ARE working!!! Got some good news today. The orthopedics are not going to do surgery. They are going to allow the bones to heal on their own and are even talking about some minor rehab very soon. Since they are not going to do surgery the doctors said that most likely they will take him off from the medicine keeping him semi unconscious. Then they would take out his breathing tube and put him in his own room. This will all happen most likely by Wednesday!!!!!!
Who would of thought, fall 25' going about 80-90 mph, survive, then be up and moving a week later. He sure has someone looking over him!!!!!!!
pray without ceasing
Another great update:
Today they removed the breathing and feeding tubes. He is holding conversations with us even though his throat is hurt. He actually kept telling everyone he was going home tomorrow :D
The nurses (not the docs) said they he may be going home in just a couple of weeks. What a change of direction from just a few days ago!!! That is the POWER OF PRAYER ;)
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE that has kept him in their prayers!
Great news! I'm glad to hear how well your brother is recovering. Thank God he wears a helmet when he rides.
Just read this tonight. Sorry for your brothers injuries but glad that he's coming around well. I'll put in some prayers for his continued speedy recovery.
AWESOME BROTHER!!!! Glad to see prayer working.