Anyone feel like seeing the buggy bridge and beyond in person?
No wonder no one out there ever knows WTF I am talking about when I mention atvflorida.com...
With no cool/tool I don't know if it is just me or what.
the time draws near gents
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_4060Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_4061Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_4062Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_4059Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_4058Medium.jpg)
Note my experimental manual rear winch.
I think only someone who has been stuck a lot comes preparid as you do LOL I do the same $hit
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on April 07, 2007, 07:39:09 PM
I think only someone who has been stuck a lot comes preparid as you do LOL I do the same $hit
Those stupid electrics are so expensive, and break every other week. I'm gonna try that boat winch...lol...8$ and if I like i get a 2 speed 12,000lber with 50 feet of strap. :)
Just need an anchor and you could ride the swamp alone.
Just got back from there. It was extremely dry.
Quote from: FIVE-O on April 07, 2007, 08:39:07 PM
Just got back from there. It was extremely dry.
It wasn't all that dry past the buggy bridge! I bent a tierod and had to do six miles back to the truck at 15mph with a front wheel pointing all out left it sucked. It was like 40 as well, and had let a buddy wear my jacket. Awesome ride even if I almost lost my fingers to frostbite.
I got a few pics to post.
BTW: It was EMPTY!!!!
just got back ,very dry
turned around at buggy bridge.
HOW CAN I GET TO THE BUGGY BRIDGE?
Quote from: hondarider450r on April 09, 2007, 02:11:37 PM
HOW CAN I GET TO THE BUGGY BRIDGE?
Just follow the main trail from the parking lot south, than a bit west. You really can't miss it.
Might as well finish the thread off. :)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5632Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5631Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5630Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5629Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5628Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5627Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5626Medium.jpg)
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/IMG_5633Medium.jpg)
Let me add this cool trackmap.
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands0407/holeylandmap.jpg)
Buggy bridge from outer space!! Google earth rocks.
(http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/kr-yppy/holeylands/satphotobuggybr.jpg)
I'm riding saturday afternoon with some friends. All our bikes are on stock rubber, but we are going to try and make it to the buggy bridge.
I know we need flags, but how about green stickers ? Are they strict about that out there.
Quote from: ar963 on April 10, 2007, 08:39:41 AM
I'm riding saturday afternoon with some friends. All our bikes are on stock rubber, but we are going to try and make it to the buggy bridge.
I know we need flags, but how about green stickers ? Are they strict about that out there.
It is bone dry, you shouldn't have any problems. Flags are a must 11"x14", no need for the stickers.
were exactly are these holey lands?since you stated you need flags is this like a park with entrance fees?
Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 05:00:14 PM
were exactly are these holey lands?since you stated you need flags is this like a park with entrance fees?
You need the flags because it is a 68$ ticket I hear without them...you are also riding in 10 foot tall sawgrass, the flags are nice to see a guy about to crash into you through the tall grass at 60mph.
It's not a park, it's a Wildlife Management Area(WMA) and there's no fees, yet.
so i need a flag no problem
I WISH I HAD A 4.4 TO GO OUT THERE. ID LIEK TO SEE THE BUGGIE BRIDGE. NEVER BEEN THAT FAR OUT THERE. NEVER REALLY RIDE THERE MUCH SINCE MY UNCLE DIED A FEW YEARS AGO THERE. SUCKS ABOUT YOUR TIE ROD.
WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR UNCLE
Quote from: miassmaro98 on April 11, 2007, 07:57:14 PM
so i need a flag no problem
it must be a square flag, my understanding is you'll get a ticket with a triangle flag.
WELL THAT SUCKS I ORDER A TRIANGLE ONE,GUESS I HAVE TO ORDER A SQUARE ONE
i don't know what hair-brained moron decided the flags should be square, most flags that I see for sale are triangle. I was out there this weekend, and couldn't find square flags, so I bought triangle ones, took some cotton material, cut to size, spray painted with flourescent orange, and then glued it to the pole...
they sell the flag at holiday park. and infront of holiday park theres a citgo gas station where they sell both rod and flag together.
weres this holiday park?and gas station at?
ITS ON 27 PASSING GRIFFIN. U MAKE A LEFT ON GRIFFIN AND HOLIDAY PARK IS RIGHT THERE AND IF U PASS GRIFFIN THE GAS STATION IS ON UR RIGHT HAND SIDE U CANT MISS IT ALOT OF BIKERS OUT THERE
...and if you miss that, the sawgrass rec park is on the right after SR84.
Quote from: JackL on April 13, 2007, 09:41:44 AM
...and if you miss that, the sawgrass rec park is on the right after SR84.
they sell flags there too???
Quote from: backinsaddle on April 13, 2007, 10:12:59 AM
Quote from: JackL on April 13, 2007, 09:41:44 AM
...and if you miss that, the sawgrass rec park is on the right after SR84.
they sell flags there too???
Yes. They are 12.99 though...they have sticks also.
Two weeks ago, Swagrass Recreational Park was sold out. Call them, first.
i bought mines at plametto motorsports for 22 dollars
hey guys i drove last night to holeylands and went in till the road end and the dirt road began i then saw that there were people park on the left and right unloading atvs,but from the point on were do u start driving to?
from the parking lot on south side,before bridge,,look south...thats it,a couple of 100,000 acres just for you
so look towards i75 correct?most likely will be going tommorow
i will be there with some friends on sunday the 22nd if anybody wants to tag along i ussually park on the left side. black honda 450r with red frame and flames let me know if u guys are gonna go.
correct on looking south towards i-75...enjoy