Whats up everyone, I wanted to get some opinions on which axle would be the best for me to get.
I ride trails a lot more than anything so i need stock width. I definitely would like to get something stronger than oem because i love jumping hills and when your landing on your back wheels (sometimes "wheel")...well i dont need to explain.
So, first thought was just get durablue or lone star heavy duty for under 300 and get my bike back together. Then i started looking around and i saw that g-force has an axle you can adjust the width on up to 4" which would be awesome when i went out to the track. I would imagine it wouldnt be as strong with it extended though but it would be a nice feature to have.
Then i saw that lone star has the AXcaliber which is backed by a "true" full lifetime warrenty for the low low price of $410 :o. But if it is a TRUE full lifetime warrenty it would probably be worth it. Then again under the same riding conditions would i risk tweaking my swingarm instead of my axle?
It would be a hard decision to make without this site ;D but thankfully i have all of you to help me out with that.
Here's a URL list of the axles that caught my eye.
Basic axle's
Dura Blue Heavy Duty Axle
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9239 (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9239)
G-Force Adjustable Width Racing Axle
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9207 (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9207)
Expensive axle's
Dura Blue Eliminator X-33 Pin Drive with Billet Hubs
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9250 (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9250)
They have cast iron too which is like $70 cheaper
Lone Star Axcalibur Axle
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9272 (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=17&navTitle=ATV+Accessories&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=9272)
I went with the g-force axle for my sons raptor 350 last year and he loves it..
it has the 4 inch removable spaces
but with out them i think it is still a few inches over stock,,
easy to install and great price...
Yeah, that extra width at the track would be nice but durability is what will make up my mind.
also to race FTR i have to be no wider than 50"
Get the G-Force!
I have had my G-Force for over a year!!! And It is still holding up like it was brand new....
awesome, sounds like the winner.
I'm waiting for my tax return so id still like to here some other opinions ;D
Thanks chris & alba
Get new bearings and seals for the carrier and change them while you have it a part.