Background- trx450r I just put a top end kit in the bike. Timing is correct.
Problem- When I push the start button I get about 2 sparks and then it stops no matter how long I hold the button. Once I let off I can hit it again and then it will spark twice. It will start when those starts take place but only for about 2 seconds or less.
Has anyone ran into this problem before??? I'm assuming that something is electrically wrong and as soon as the info gets back to the cdi it stops the spark. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
got me, call Mike at ATP.
Yeah I've talked to 4 techs so far and nobody has had this happen. I'll have to call him in a bit. Thanks
I think I heard of this before on another site. I can't remeber which one. It would either be www.trx.450r.org or www.atvriders.com or www.450rhq.com good luck.
yeah it was probably the trx450r.org. I posted on there. I tore my connectors off of the cdi and a few other places. The cdi connectors were corroded. I cleaned them and it fired up. I just figured it wouldn't spark at all. But I was wrong. Thanks for the input.
oops this is ebtrx450r I forgot I was on another computer. lol
TRX450R's are famous for stators going out. Anything to do with spark is going to be coil,stator or CDI. It is most likely the stator though.
Mike is in California for round 2 of the GNC's. I will ask him about it next time he calls me and I will let you know.
Quote from: Mrs.Nightbreed on March 23, 2007, 09:16:40 PM
TRX450R's are famous for stators going out. Anything to do with spark is going to be coil,stator or CDI. It is most likely the stator though.
Mike is in California for round 2 of the GNC's. I will ask him about it next time he calls me and I will let you know.
Thanks I figured it out. The Molonyltr19 post was me I didn't realize I was logged in under him