Heading out to Croom to ride this weekend for the first time. YEAAA!
But, we were wondering if anyone has a problem riding with 2 people on a bike out there???
We have a sport bike and a 4x4 and are not sure which to bring.
If we may have a problem with riding double we can take the 4x4 (it has a box & maybe we can get away with it).
But I don't know what type of riding Croom has. Is it muddy?? Is it sandy?? Any comments on what it's like there would be greatly appreciated.
THANX :P
The rules say no 2 up riding ;) if they see you in the parking area they will say something but I see plenty of people doing it. It's been real dry and dusty. There are a lot of trails and a couple of open areas, and some good hill climbing spots. I prefer to park in the back. Lots of whoops on the main trails. Secondary trails can be better. If you don't have a Croom sticker remember to bring your title so you can buy 1.
I was just there last weekend, trails are very dry.........However there are a few spots that have some setting water and and I saw a few mudders completely covered in it.....So have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got home from Croom. It is DRY!!! There is a little mud to be found though. The hills in the back behind the kiddie corral riding spot are awesome. Just watch for the drop offs. IF you take a ute, just stay in the north end you wil find all you need. There couldnt have been more than 40-50 people in the whole park today. Great riding, just bring a dust mask.
Dust mask for sure, Prey for a midnight rain,,,lol
I am going there Thursday Morning to camp w/ my Son and get some ride time in. I hope that place gets some kind of rain before then.....
Thanks everyone for your responses, we really appreciated it. We had an awesome time Saturday at Croom and cannot wait to go back. Hopefully we can plan a trip before the sticker expires and maybe ride for 2 days next time.
Yea the 2 person rider thing is kind of an issue for us, thank God no one bothered us, but we used the Vinson and it has a seat and stuff.
We actually have 2 bikes and I know my other half secretly wants to ride by himself, but I'm kind of ill so I cannot work my arms that well to drive the 4x4 yet. Trying really hard to get well though because the 2nd bike is a new Kawi 450R and I want to learn to FLY on it! Well, you have to dream huh. I was sitting back on the Vinson watching everyone jump and stuff at the Sand Pit and it was soo cool - maybe some day. ;) Missy