The second year of SSQSA is about to get started with race #1 at Hard Rock. We will be there Saturday for practice and Sunday for the races.
good luck to you all and be safe. I will "hopefully" get to race at quicktracks the day after the rally, if my motor is back in the bike ???
lets race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
See ya there!!! :)
i will be there but dont think i will be riding
we will be there also. see ya there
Ill probably be there, but, thanks to a bunch of low life scum, I wont have my quad ready yet! :'(
talked to the owner, they said that they were gonna grade the track on Friday for the SSQA.
Be there Sat.
;) :P :P
what time are the races on sunday? I'll be coming back from daytona so i'd be cool to stop by and at least watch. Never really met any of you MX guys.
turns out i will prob. be racing bike went over a little make over and my body feels somewhat better after the crash i should see you all sat. 8)
Thats Good New and Bad News for some people. ;)
wont be able to make the race. quad is still in pieces and waiting on the new shocks to get in!! :'( good luck to every one who is racing. :)
Hard rock casino here I come. Were are they racing at the casino, I guess the parking lot. :P
my check up is on monday, so i hope to be at the 2nd race...good luck to everyone and i might be out there on sunday!
I'm ready to Rock!!!!!! :Y
you guys have fun good luck be safe
well i will be going tomorrow and if i do race i will only be doing 1 class
However is going to race be safe 8)
I can't make it....I gotta work at my dads warehouse >:(
Well driving around a ForkLift isn't that bad :-\
wow what a weekend thats all im going to say :-X
any results?
crashes crashes and more crashes.lol ummm A gentry, tollefson, me, some guy on a honda and herlong.
b class i think went to radekin
c class went to tc nales
womens went to jessica eineder
youth rastrelli
and thats all i can think of
there were tons of wrecks glad no one got seriously hurt they could have been alot worse!!
but lets just say the owner needs to handle the track alot better than he did and organize it better i mean i am glad he groomed it and everything but.....
did they have flaggers?
yea they did luckly or things would have been alot worse!!!
Glad nobody got seriously hurt, it's pretty easy to do at hardrock. How was the turnout?
turnout not so good was expecting alot more but i think hard rock scared a few guys away
Ryan and Brian managed to escape serious injuries, in spite of that fence without proper hay bales or protective covering.
Coinsidence, or bad luck? Brian's bike the only casualty! Thank God that they are ok. We would like to thank all that helped in both crashes. It shows the tight nit Family of Quad racing. thanks randy top hat quad racing ;D
Good thing that I went home Saturday. Got a stomach Virus or something weird late Saturday night. I didn't look like you all had to much fun today. I hope you all heel up soon. I guess my day of sitting on the john wasn't to bad after all. :S
I geuss thats why they don't hold any big events up there anymore!
yea i think lyndon had the worst day of all, blown motor rode jessys bike endoed bad on the finish line jump and landed hard!!! right in front of me i hope hes doing ok i never herd anything
Quote from: trx#9 on March 25, 2007, 09:35:44 PM
...I geuss thats why they don't hold any big events up there anymore!
I don't like busting my arse as much as I don't like seeing anyone else bust theirs.
And I wish everyone who crashed there today OR anytime a speedy recovery.
But giving Hard Rock a bad rep is just ridiculous. How many times have I heard:
<insert local track name here> has no jumps... track got all rutted out... blah blah
blah... its too easy...
Before they changed it, it took me three times of going before I could do all but
three doubles and the water tower jump. NOW it is waaaaaaaaaaaay tamer and I
still hear people say how dangerous it is.
Hard Rock is an awesome and challenging place to ride that builds confidence and
skill. You just have to ride within your limits and keep your concentration up.
- Dan
Quote from: 310R_Dude on March 25, 2007, 10:51:57 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on March 25, 2007, 09:35:44 PM
...I geuss thats why they don't hold any big events up there anymore!
I don't like busting my arse as much as I don't like seeing anyone else bust theirs.
And I wish everyone who crashed there today OR anytime a speedy recovery.
But giving Hard Rock a bad rep is just ridiculous. How many times have I heard:
<insert local track name here> has no jumps... track got all rutted out... blah blah
blah... its too easy...
Before they changed it, it took me three times of going before I could do all but
three doubles and the water tower jump. NOW it is waaaaaaaaaaaay tamer and I
still hear people say how dangerous it is.
Hard Rock is an awesome and challenging place to ride that builds confidence and
skill. You just have to ride within your limits and keep your concentration up.
- Dan
Well Dan I would normally agree with ya. But when the track has 3 or 4 months to prepare for this race and you show up and the track hasn't been groomed in a long time. Plus not having any flaggers Saturday. Lucky for Giovanni there wasn't a faster riding coming up behind him or we would probably going to a funeral this week. Also having a tractor parked on the fastest part of the track during practice. Also the soccer ball sized boulders all over the track wasn't to pleasant either. -Erik
Erik, you made few points I never really considered. Thanks. I am just
always afraid that we will end up with all tracks being like the "one lined
jumpless mounds of dirt" tracks in our area.
Well what do I say?? Hardrock is properly named for sure. I think the track could have been a little better prepared but on the other hand it is what we make of it . It is a tougher track than most, but you always hear alot of complaints on every track. Like too narrow, too short, no jumps, and too much loose sand.
Here is our story. Lyndon has some scrapes and bruises and a badly sprained right wrist and both shoulders are banged up. The quad has a cracked flywheel, busted case, stator and a SX tire with about a 4 in hole in it, and bent nerf bars. I also owe Tony a set of Walsh A-arms for Jessy's quad. Not the best day for us but we are not complaining. We are glad Hardrock held the race for us. We are thankful Brett and everyone puts in so much time and effort to have a Quad Only race. We will hopefully see everyone at the races.
Quote from: TBR on March 26, 2007, 07:11:41 PM
Well what do I say?? Hardrock is properly named for sure. I think the track could have been a little better prepared but on the other hand it is what we make of it . It is a tougher track than most, but you always hear alot of complaints on every track. Like too narrow, too short, no jumps, and too much loose sand.
Here is our story. Lyndon has some scrapes and bruises and a badly sprained right wrist and both shoulders are banged up. The quad has a cracked flywheel, busted case, stator and a SX tire with about a 4 in hole in it, and bent nerf bars. I also owe Tony a set of Walsh A-arms for Jessy's quad. Not the best day for us but we are not complaining. We are glad Hardrock held the race for us. We are thankful Brett and everyone puts in so much time and effort to have a Quad Only race. We will hopefully see everyone at the races.
It's good to hear that Lyndon isn't to seriously hurt. Thats one track you don't want to wreck on. I'm also thankful for the work Bretts been doing too but sometimes the track has to make an effort too. How did you break a fly-wheel and a case Dale? In the crash, I've never heard of that kind of damage from a crash.
Sorry to hear about all the damage to bike and rider Dale. You are very right about the track conditions also! i was the worst about complaining about the track conditions and then i realized..............if all i do is ride a perfect track all the time ,I WILL NEVER GET BETTER! i like the different types of tracks now and appreciate the gained experience it takes to get faster under " not so optimal" conditions. Lack of flaggers is a legit. complaint. the boulders could have been removed by the riders as a group effort, it would have taken 5 min. for everyone to chip in and get them off ;) im glad everyone walked away and gained some experience.
I wish I couldve made it out there, life is starting to catch up to me; riding will be on hold for a while; ill probabaly come out for a few of them though.
Hope that Lyndon is okay! What happened that caused the crash? And like someone else asked, how did the damage happen to the bike? I myself have been kind of timid to ride MX because of my ankle. That last race at QuickTrack I over jumped a small double and hyper extended it. That was on the 1st lap but I kept going. Didn't think it was that bad until I took my boot off at the end of the day. My ankle was HUGE! I'm trying to stregthen it up and it's getting better but still hurts like hell. I'm going to try the next race at Quicktrack and hopefully it'll be a better day for me.
He wrecked on Jessy's quad. The cracked case and flywheel is why he was on Jessy's to start with and I'm not sure why. We haven't tore it down yet to see what else might be wrong.
I know Lyndon and Eric H. walked the track Saturday night and threw off several large rocks. Lyndon said he hit a big rock in the back section and that is where he ruined the tire and bent the nerfs. I think rocks are probably just a part of Hardrock and Dreth is right about everyone walking the track to remove some before a race.
I am certainly not blaming the track on any of our mishaps. I feel that it is all part of the "HAVING FUN" racing scene.
Quote from: 53yfz450 on March 25, 2007, 05:43:13 PM
there were tons of wrecks glad no one got seriously hurt they could have been alot worse!!
but lets just say the owner needs to handle the track alot better than he did and organize it better i mean i am glad he groomed it and everything but.....
agreed, I was getting a bit upset on the response from my vantage point,,,,some kid sat out in the middle of the track after the tower jump through his race and the next before anyone was able to get to him.
Id@
(http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/SSQSA%20Hardrock%203-25-07/Race5%20Open16-24%20QuadYouth12-18/IMG_5697.jpg)
(http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/SSQSA%20Hardrock%203-25-07/Race5%20Open16-24%20QuadYouth12-18/IMG_5698.jpg)
(http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/SSQSA%20Hardrock%203-25-07/Race5%20Open16-24%20QuadYouth12-18/IMG_5699.jpg)
(http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/SSQSA%20Hardrock%203-25-07/Race5%20Open16-24%20QuadYouth12-18/IMG_5700.jpg)
(http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/SSQSA%20Hardrock%203-25-07/Race5%20Open16-24%20QuadYouth12-18/IMG_5701.jpg)
(http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/ida_mann/SSQSA%20Hardrock%203-25-07/Race5%20Open16-24%20QuadYouth12-18/IMG_5702.jpg)
actually captured one of the wrecks,,,,,on the full sized pics you can see the expressions on people's faces when they realize he's going down hard :O
Id@
Medical responce was right there on the incident you are talking about. so the rider sat there till his race was over so he could get off the track. The rider was fine or the medics would have taken appropriate responce for the incident.
Thats one of the tabletops that someone ask to be fixed before someone was hurt! The one were Eric crashed in b class was the other problem that was asked to be fixed. Both of these tables was asked to be fixed before each of these wrecks. Maybe we need a track saftey man at these races?
Quote from: Ida_Mann on March 28, 2007, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on March 25, 2007, 05:43:13 PM
there were tons of wrecks glad no one got seriously hurt they could have been alot worse!!
but lets just say the owner needs to handle the track alot better than he did and organize it better i mean i am glad he groomed it and everything but.....
agreed, I was getting a bit upset on the response from my vantage point,,,,some kid sat out in the middle of the track after the tower jump through his race and the next before anyone was able to get to him.
Id@
That was my son who wrecked on the tower jump he was O.K. It did take a little while to get him off the track (clutch cable broke) other wise he would have rode off. I guess the strange thing was they caution flaged the whole race ??? If you look at it from a safety point of view it was the right thing to do. For the screwed up finish line table top, It would of only helped if they fixed it. I'm not complaining I like Hard Rock it will get better I'm sure.
Quote from: quad control on March 28, 2007, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on March 28, 2007, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: 53yfz450 on March 25, 2007, 05:43:13 PM
there were tons of wrecks glad no one got seriously hurt they could have been alot worse!!
but lets just say the owner needs to handle the track alot better than he did and organize it better i mean i am glad he groomed it and everything but.....
agreed, I was getting a bit upset on the response from my vantage point,,,,some kid sat out in the middle of the track after the tower jump through his race and the next before anyone was able to get to him.
Id@
That was my son who wrecked on the tower jump he was O.K. It did take a little while to get him off the track (clutch cable broke) other wise he would have rode off. I guess the strange thing was they caution flaged the whole race ??? If you look at it from a safety point of view it was the right thing to do. For the screwed up finish line table top, It would of only helped if they fixed it. I'm not complaining I like Hard Rock it will get better I'm sure.
glad your son was OK after that, I spoke with him briefly while he waited o get out of there, but I was referring to a kid on a 90(I think) that had his chain come off right after the tower jump and sat at the bottom there after the left turn and just before the 180 turn to the right.
That was the only issue I saw throughout the entire race from a spectators position,,,I thought they should have held off the start of the next race for a minute or two to let his parents come get him.
I can't comment on "fixing" the jumps because I can't compete with these guys.
Id@
By the way, compliment's to Ida for the photography that's some pretty fast reflex's
on the finish line wreck in sequence. Nice work!
thanks,,,soon as I snapped the second pic I could tell his angle was way off and I heard him hammering the engine to try to correct.
Id@
well i guess i'll let everybody know that i'm alright too.... the table that i wrecked on was fixed saturday night when they groomed the track..... I just had my rear shock a little to soft and bottomed out hard and over the bars i went... just got some road rash on my back and right side and my shoulder is a little sore but it could have been wrose.... i was just mad that i put a big hole in my newest riding gear that i had. As for the track i thought it was good i mean there were a couple of things that needed attention like the finish line jump but thats part of racing.... i thought the flaggers did a great job.... the guy that was nearest me had the yellow flag out untill everybody went past and then he got the bike off of me which was the right thing to do. I just want to thank everybody that came out and Brett and Hard Rock for letting us race there. I had a blast over the weekend and it was a confidence booster for me even though i ate it. hope to see everybody at the next race.
E-Rock
glad your alright dude,,,,,I didn't see it happen but I heard from the flagger by me.
Id@