One of my tires ripped whe n iwas at Hardrock MX this weekend and looking for a shop to mount my rear tire? I usually go to
West Coast but you know how dealers are ::)
Just wondering if anybody knew some place that is really good. 8)
Walmart $5.00 due them all the time.
I know of a good place in Orlando, but that might be too far. Please tell us where you live and that would help narrow it down.
Quote from: NOS_PRAIRIE on March 16, 2007, 01:09:21 AM
Walmart $5.00 due them all the time.
thats worth the ride
I bought a tire machine from Harbor Freight a few years ago. It was around $80. I have mounted tires on all my bikes and on my trailers. It is SO convenient to be able to do your own.
Its not rocket science its just mounting a tire. You dont need someone who is really good, just someone who can do it. I mean seriously Chillin does his own, cant be that hard, lol.
my walmart doesnt do them!
I think Cycle Gear does it.
They aren't hard just a PITA to mount and get the bead set if you don't know what your doing
If it is on aluminum rims, Broadway Tire in Tampa will do them for around $5 each. Just be absolutely sure to only let Roger or Dale do them, if they are busy then wait or come back later.
Any Tires Plus store can mount them , they treat me right every time.
cycle gear does them, they mounted tires on my blaster, banshee, polaris, hyabusa, trailer, we also have an in with the shop manager
Everyone I've experienced at Cycle Gear were very kewl.That's where I buy all my stuff!!
Yes they are not hard however the .125 wheels are thin and will bend under the right circumstances
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on March 16, 2007, 03:12:08 PM
Yes they are not hard however the .125 wheels are thin and will bend under the right circumstances
Thats why I said ONLY let those 2 guys do it. The other guy bent 2 of my cousins rims.(.125)
i could have my dad check because they say they don't do like chrome rims but they did my dads hyabusa wheels without scratching them, if you go, just gett to know and have dennis change your rims
we just had some local tire shop do ours for the rancher. look in the phone book and just call a few tire shops. tire kingdom does them too i think. we pay 5.00 for ours.