I just bought an 06 Banshee and the thing won't stay running without the choke. I purchased this bike without exhaust and intake so I put those 2 things on fired it up (after a million kicks) and it idled on its own...until I took the choke off. Then it would just die out. Wether I gave gas or not it would just bogg out. So I took the carbs out and jetted them with 300s. The exhaust is not stock either. So now it will cut off when at idle but if I give it a lot of gas it will stay running. I'm not sure what else I could check for besides compression testing it.
Any ideas? Help please!
Thanks
bigger pilot jets and ajusted the air screws do you have the air box in it or open air cleaners
its open for now but I plan on puttin an KnN
My sons shee did the same thing (his is an 87).we took the carbs off and took them apart.both the needles were messed up.and on 1 carb it was gouged like the needle wasn't goin into the hole it was hittin on the edge of it.any way we got some carbs off ebay and slapped them on and it fired right up.I would definitely check your carbs.
we've checked the carbs, coils, compression...everything. The last resort was to order piston rings. Bike now has KnN intake, 300 jets, Pro circuit exhaust, new plugs and its still not firing right on the right hand side. It spits out mad smoke from the left and none from the right. it gets no where near as hot on the right side. The bike runs but its not right. I'm swappin piston rings and see if that will fix it. They think someone rode my bike when the pipes were off of it which may cause the rings to go bad. I'm not too sure...trouble shooting is a b*tch
is the comp the same on bouth cylinders and what is it
bro I tried to call you yesterday but nobody answered!? :'( I don't know about that stuff, I jus ride really. Its my friends that got me into this banshee thing. They know all the details.
Cutngrs, definetely know's about Banshee's.