Poll
Question:
Should they get rid of the F-CAT
Option 1: yes
votes: 25
Option 2: no
votes: 13
i hate the f-cat with a passion am probley not i the only one
cast a vote
http://www.flurl.com/item/Russian_Dancers_u_234137
http://www.flurl.com/item/Tuned_Tractor_u_234001
hillarious
http://www.flurl.com/item/Drunk_squirel_u_233064
nice videos johnf
lol i dont hate the f-cat i think its awsome cuz i passed it lol i slept throw half of it and then just filld in w/e and still passed it
if you cant pass it your a retard
It's easy but I dont like it the only reason why i like it is because we don't have homework and because we dont have pur regular classes.
thats the like the best part, no class, but it seems worthless that all the stuff we do through out the year, has to do with one test and thats the whole year and the rest just seems like chill time, idk
Yeah I have taken them since the 3rd grade and I hate them because they are so bOORING! You just sleep and bubble in and its so gay. But it is kinda useful so I would say keep it.
Quote from: rubicon500kid on March 06, 2007, 05:24:33 PM
if you cant pass it your a retard
You hit it right on the head. If you cant pass the fcat, you shouldnt pass or be in the grade you're in for that matter. Example, a 3rd grade fcat is based on what a beginning 3rd grader should know. It is given near the end of the year, so you have several months to catch up on what you should have already known.
all I can say is you better take it seriously.my daughter was a straight A STUDENT and always on the deans list from kindergarten through 12th grade.she didnot pass the f-cat she didnot get a diploma only a certificate of completion.I felt so bad for her she was so heartbroken all the hard work for all those years for nothing.the f-cat should be oulawed
Quote from: redneck4x4chad on March 06, 2007, 05:09:02 PM
i hate the f-cat with a passion am probley not i the only one
cast a vote
Well, you definitely need the spelling and punctuation portion of it. ;D
The only thing I dislike about the FCAT is the length. They gave 1hr 20mins for reading this year and I was done in 15-20 minutes. Math was 1hr 40mins and I was done in maybe 30-35 minutes. The best part is that whole week we do nothing in other classes except watch movies and goof off.
Yeah same here. I finish with like 30min left and all you can do is sit there and do absloutley nothing except have the teacher stare at you. You cant talk, do homework, or listen to music or anything. Diablo, I feel sorry for your daughter. I make C's and D's and I was in the 90th percentile in reading last year and 83rd for math. Some people get so stressed out on these tests because all teachers do is stress how important they are and they basically tell you that you are going to fail at life and die alone and homeless if you dont do good. So it was probably nerves and stress that got to her because if you can go from straight A's to failing teh fact then its not smarts. Dunno. But that really sucks.
The high school FCAT is a high 10th grade equivalency test. High schoolers have 3 yrs to pass it.
what r u trying to say
Quote from: redneck4x4chad on March 08, 2007, 03:58:14 PM
what r u trying to say
If you cant pass it then it is nerves or you just dont deserve to pass. Thats all. Many parents complain about it but noone ever details it. Everyone says FCAT like it is some kind of "program intended to fail". It is just the opposite. The fcat only makes it so we dont see anymore high school graduates who cant read or do basic math like it used to be for example with athletes, there have been pro football players who were illiterate, but they graduated high school & attended a div.1 college for 2 years. Dexter Manley comes to mind. If he had to take the fcat, he would have never taken a scholarship based on his athletic abilities which would have went to someone who actually did all their work in school. I am not degrading anyone, just letting people know the test isnt as hard as the media makes it sound.
i see
Or If you fail It you can just transfer to private school and graduate there.No F-Cat there
Quote from: greenmachine on March 08, 2007, 09:04:20 AM
The high school FCAT is a high 10th grade equivalency test. High schoolers have 3 yrs to pass it.
Yes, 10th grade is the year that if you pass it you are done with it. But if you fail it in 10th grade, it gets harder. Its still labeled as a 10th grade test but say your a senior, they will put stuff from your 11th grade year and 12grade year in it. Luckily I found it way to easy this year and I know I passed.
Ya the cool thing about it is at my school they gave us mcdonalds breakfast sandwiches for free
ya the f-cat sucks
i really suck at math and when they gave me the math portion the first part was hard so i was like damn i failed but then i took the 2nd portion and it was real easy so im pretty sure i passed. but ima be pissed if i dont
its really easy, but it sux b/c i get done quick and there is NOTHING to do except for sitting there forever.... and i take classes a year ahead of what grade im in, so we dont go over the stuff on My fcat, just for that year they are teaching...
Quote from: Rebel on March 11, 2007, 12:01:04 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on March 08, 2007, 09:04:20 AM
The high school FCAT is a high 10th grade equivalency test. High schoolers have 3 yrs to pass it.
Yes, 10th grade is the year that if you pass it you are done with it. But if you fail it in 10th grade, it gets harder. Its still labeled as a 10th grade test but say your a senior, they will put stuff from your 11th grade year and 12grade year in it. Luckily I found it way to easy this year and I know I passed.
wrong, but nice try.
Quote from: greenmachine on March 12, 2007, 01:47:10 PM
Quote from: Rebel on March 11, 2007, 12:01:04 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on March 08, 2007, 09:04:20 AM
The high school FCAT is a high 10th grade equivalency test. High schoolers have 3 yrs to pass it.
Yes, 10th grade is the year that if you pass it you are done with it. But if you fail it in 10th grade, it gets harder. Its still labeled as a 10th grade test but say your a senior, they will put stuff from your 11th grade year and 12grade year in it. Luckily I found it way to easy this year and I know I passed.
wrong, but nice try.
wrong? LMAO so some old guy is gonna say im wrong when im in school and taking the F-CAT. Alrighty.
:'( OK you got me I am older than you. My wife is a teacher since the inception of the fcat & has been to too many training classes to list. I am right about the test, maybe YOU just get less intelligent as you go through school. The test is the same equivalent for 10th graders as it is for 12th. Just because you took general math in 10th grade & hope to get to Algebra 1 by 12th doesnt mean the test gets harder, you are just slower. Now go post on the for sale section about how you are gonna buy everything in sight "if your parents let you". BTW, can we start a poll on what FloridaBullet, SuzukiRacer, Rebel will change his screen name to next? ??? :D
lol, OWNED!
AH HA!!! --- ( Like nelson from the Simpsons)
Oh snap rebel got owned pretty bad good job green machine.
YES HE DID
Quote from: greenmachine on March 13, 2007, 10:24:25 AM
:'( OK you got me I am older than you. My wife is a teacher since the inception of the fcat & has been to too many training classes to list. I am right about the test, maybe YOU just get less intelligent as you go through school. The test is the same equivalent for 10th graders as it is for 12th. Just because you took general math in 10th grade & hope to get to Algebra 1 by 12th doesnt mean the test gets harder, you are just slower. Now go post on the for sale section about how you are gonna buy everything in sight "if your parents let you". BTW, can we start a poll on what FloridaBullet, SuzukiRacer, Rebel will change his screen name to next? ??? :D
LMBO!!! Nice!