hey guys i only got one pic because the camea died but man let me tell you i finally had a good time there!! the track is deff. alot more challenging with some huge jumps!!!! this is the biggest i dont knwo the exact distance but lets just say you have 2 hit it wide open!!!
(http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/53RAPTOR350/quicktrack3-04-07001.jpg)
:o I heard there was a big double, but.... :o
man that is insane!!!!!!!!! did you bring your parachute wow :o
I'm wondering if I'm crazy enough to try that!!Sure looks like an awsome time.I live in St.Pete too.We should get together some time for a ride.
thanks guys yea man i go all over florida dont really go to the local track though.lol but i go basically every were else
WOW...when you said only dirt bikers were doing it i expected it to be big but that doesnt even look like its meant to be a double :o ...but if a dirt biker can do it nothing will stop jake gunn from hitting it :P
Quote from: MolonyLTR_19 on March 05, 2007, 10:21:57 PM
WOW...when you said only dirt bikers were doing it i expected it to be big but that doesnt even look like its meant to be a double :o ...but if a dirt biker can do it nothing will stop jake gunn from hitting it :P
haha you know me well.lol
thats a big jump..nice pic
holy crap!!! man why does my bike have to break down now! :-\ lol
Thats a BIG jump :o
Looking good Jake 8)
Holy freakin crap Jake!!! I heard it was about 90ft. Good job!!
haha yea someone said it was around that distance. its har though becasue ther is a tabletop right before it and you have to hit it wide open!!!
damn!!!!!!!!!!! thats huge!
(http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/geno6969/020807_14331.jpg)
(http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/geno6969/020807_14281.jpg)
Some more pics of that jump from about 4 weeks ago when they first rearranged the track. Every one said that this guy was the first one to hit the big jump. I walked it off and I came up with 125 feet.
Its a fun jump but you don't want to come up short on it.
i WONT be hitting that may 19th. haha Although with all of those camera's it might be tempting ::) ya right.
Wow thats just insane man watch out :o
Jake.... YOU'RE CRAZY!!! :Wacko.gif . I don't even think that's supposed to be jumpable. Who in hell has big enough gnads to even attempt that? My gnads are shrinking just looking at it :-\ .
Quote from: Ride1Rob on March 06, 2007, 02:19:44 AM
Jake.... YOU'RE CRAZY!!! :Wacko.gif . I don't even think that's supposed to be jumpable. Who in hell has big enough gnads to even attempt that? My gnads are shrinking just looking at it :-\ .
haha no man im not crazy. i dont attempt anything i dont think i can make. but like i said in my head if i see a dirtbiker make it why cant a quad make it? ::)
That is a HUGE double. That pic of the bike jayman put up looks like he is to noise heavy.
We know how has the big ones.
Quote from: BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING) on March 06, 2007, 02:58:35 AM
That is a HUGE double. That pic of the bike jayman put up looks like he is to noise heavy.
We know how has the big ones.
I was sitting at the very top of the bleachers when I took those two pics. I was about 23-25' in the air and look how much higher he was than me.
I was thinking about going there saturday..
But im deffintily not trying that..
hell i dont even hit the big double at sunshine..
Hopfuly see some of youll there
That track was really fun!! I might be goin again soon. At Bartow you now have to have a stock exaust to ride. Thats what i heard. That was a really big double, but what about the other one that was there with the steep lander. That one was pretty big too.
Yes bartow u have to run a stock exhaust..
THey made me and a freind leave thursday night because my exhaust was to loud..
WTF thats stupid! >:(
Thats crazy! Im telling you guys, Jake is going pro!!!! 8)
Quote from: #13_LT-R450 on March 06, 2007, 11:13:27 PM
WTF thats stupid! >:(
Thats crazy! Im telling you guys, Jake is going pro!!!! 8)
Um......I think he already is ;)
i have to hand it to ya Jake, THAT IS OFF THE CHAIN CRAZY!!! if you dont make it you will be visiting the hospital ???
haha thanks guys sometimes you have to take them chances!!!!
Quote from: Dreth on March 07, 2007, 12:48:40 AM
i have to hand it to ya Jake, THAT IS OFF THE CHAIN CRAZY!!! if you dont make it you will be visiting the hospital ???
Hospital??? Not sure about that ??? If I crashed off that jump not sure if I could ever get up :Dead.gif
ehh no hospitals please lol
Why? I thought Hospitals help people lol :D
I guess I will try it out since no more bartow for me >:(
yea they do but its no fun going there... :-\
Your right!
No more "H" WORDS, Jake GOOD LUCK this weekend in Bama.
Quote from: 53yfz450 on March 07, 2007, 12:59:21 AM
haha thanks guys sometimes you have to take them chances!!!!
Ummm... not when you have to get up and go to work the next day ;) . Since I tore my ankle up at the last Quadsonly race in Lakeland my love for MX hasn't quite been the same. My ankle still hurts sometimes. Be careful Jake and I'm sure you'll do just fine in Bama.
I've sprained my right Ankle twice.It healed eventually.Those jumps look dangerous, but It sure looks like fun.I want to try some, but I'm not sure I can handle them with stock suspension.I've come down from just 10' and felt the rear bottom out.It was also landing on a bumpy surface at Croom
Is it a good idea, or bad?
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on March 07, 2007, 03:36:45 AM
I've sprained my right Ankle twice.It healed eventually.Those jumps look dangerous, but It sure looks like fun.I want to try some, but I'm not sure I can handle them with stock suspension.I've come down from just 10' and felt the rear bottom out.It was also landing on a bumpy surface at Croom
Is it a good idea, or bad?
If you have to ask it's prolly not a good idea lol. As Jake previously mentioned, he doesn't think you can make it without a built engine. On stock suspenion, I don't know if it would feel to good even if you cleared it. Can't imagine if you didn't...
So who is going to race in the SSQSA?
I will be doing some races ;) Who else is going?
Ill be there for the SSQSA races!! ;)
I have a modded engine,so I have no problem getting enough speed.I'm still on stock suspension though.I'll probably see the jump anyway and be like,"Hellzz Noo!"
I have a steering stabilizer that helps with the bumps.But I've never been on a track.I've had several people tell me the landing is different.I just wanted to know from some of the experienced riders.I've been wanting to try the tracks.Jumping burms at Croom is getting lame.
And I will be planning on the QS on March 31st.I did the one in Myakka and it was a blast.
Photoshop. I blew up the pic & the pixels were uneven just around the quad, the rest of the pic was clear. ;) Just kidding, if you go on the Florida Sportsman forum, when a guy posts a pic of a big fish, within 10-12 posts someone will scream "photoshop". BTW, where do you get race pants with the crotch jumbo sized to hold em.
:oWOW You are the MAN!!!!!!!!! ::) I dont even dream of hitting jumps that big. Maybee one day when i am all grown up!! HA HA!!!
there no way you ar going to be doing that on a 400. lol i really dont see that happening. i mean like i said before im just laking it full trottle with my race motor dont know about that man. lol
but thanks everyone!!!
if you've never been on a track you might want to start with a few 15-20 foot table tops. Wait on those 90ft doubles lol
haha yea i agree.lol
Just looked at that pic again... JAKE, YOU'RE CRAZY AGAIN!!!!
When I looked at the video of you doin that double, Jake. You were barely clearing it.
like i said i was pinned!! the last moto i was nervouse everytime but i said screw it.lol everylap i kept saying ok last time but everytime i came acroos that corner and saw everyone in the stands i changed my mind.lol dang i wish you knew how to post a video TC!!! lol
We need to go back there sometime next week and get some pics with my camera!
I think I can do it!! Do they make airbags for quads?I wonder if I can get them to bring out the container full of foam in case I don't make it!!
How many Red Bulls do you have to drink before you try that Jake?
Jake can do stuff like that without thinking twice but then he is scared of tabletops lol. He's a smart rider though, if he thinks he'll make it, he'll try it and he is almost always right. You just have to be confident in your skill.
i dont drink energy drinks they are bad for you. all i need is well my normall me.lol
You heard it from Jake him self!
I would be your young apprentice...but I'm too old!!
Great stuff