What a beautiful day, weather was perfect, course was fun, whoops were DEEP.
Hey Matt like you said, it was a beautiful day, it is always nice to race at that track, oh yes whoops, and it was cool to see Chris Borich, John Natalie Jr and his wife racing with us.
yea i had a great time also those trails and hills are always fun. my rear brakes went out about 1 1/2 laps into it but it still made for a great race.
the course was fun even though i broke my left peg bolts on my 3rd lap, the hills were mild compared to what i was expecting
How'd ya do Randall? Ya gotta quit breakin stuff man!
Yeah, that was probably one the best races ive attended. I love that turn where you were heading down a hill and you could see the lake that was turquiose. I wish it was alittle longer though. I finished right between Chris Borich and John Natalie....yeah they lapped me twice, atleast chris did. Never ridden a mx track like that, sure was an experience.
Gatorback rules!
That Warrior did me in.
I had the worst start ever. It started right up. Instead of nailing the throttle and then dumping the clutch, I did the opposite. I started it back up and almost did it again. It stalled and I almost went over the bars.
Dead last into the woods. After two laps, I was in third. One mile before the finish, my little arms gave out and I could not work the throttle or steer.
Finished 5th :'(
Did I mention GATORBACK RULES!
wish i could of been there i got to meet john natalie and his wife at thunder bowl and he was a blast a real down to earth guy the big time didnt go to his head he talked to all the kids and signed what ever thay had he even called a person that couldnt make it and talked to her for a while thats the sign of a true champion
Quote from: tony pitts on February 25, 2007, 09:16:45 PM
yea i had a great time also those trails and hills are always fun. my rear brakes went out about 1 1/2 laps into it but it still made for a great race.
Of all the races to lose your brakes, this would be the worst.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 26, 2007, 10:05:04 PM
Quote from: tony pitts on February 25, 2007, 09:16:45 PM
yea i had a great time also those trails and hills are always fun. my rear brakes went out about 1 1/2 laps into it but it still made for a great race.
Of all the races to lose your brakes, this would be the worst.
I still managed two place 13 in b class thats better than i expected I havent raced or practiced since seminole. I was worn out at the end of the race but I had a blast anyway.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 26, 2007, 10:05:04 PM
Quote from: tony pitts on February 25, 2007, 09:16:45 PM
yea i had a great time also those trails and hills are always fun. my rear brakes went out about 1 1/2 laps into it but it still made for a great race.
Of all the races to lose your brakes, this would be the worst.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing!
Nice work Tony. I will see you this weekend at the TRITON and I will have that stem. Sorry about not bringing it to Gatorback. At the last minute I hitched a ride with someone else and forgot it in my trailer. ???