We are looking at getting either a 07 Polaris Scrambler 500 or a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4. I havent ridden a new wolverine but My wife likes the way they look, I am curious of any info for pros and cons of each machine.
Thanks
get the yami.
I would go with the Wolverine...simply because of Brand reliabilty...both would be fun either way.
Definitely the Wolverine
Quote from: Qdawg76 on February 22, 2007, 11:17:43 PM
We are looking at getting either a 07 Polaris Scrambler 500 or a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4. I havent ridden a new wolverine but My wife likes the way they look, I am curious of any info for pros and cons of each machine.
Thanks
I thought she rode Jessica's Wolverine at Durhamtown. Guess not. I would defeintely go with the Wolverine. That thing is unstoppable! Jessica loves it, says the power is perfect, ergonomics are comfortable and its easy to steer.
That's a no brainer get the Yamaha.
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on February 23, 2007, 07:55:59 PM
Quote from: Qdawg76 on February 22, 2007, 11:17:43 PM
We are looking at getting either a 07 Polaris Scrambler 500 or a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4. I havent ridden a new wolverine but My wife likes the way they look, I am curious of any info for pros and cons of each machine.
Thanks
I thought she rode Jessica's Wolverine at Durhamtown. Guess not. I would defeintely go with the Wolverine. That thing is unstoppable! Jessica loves it, says the power is perfect, ergonomics are comfortable and its easy to steer.
No she just admired it, never rode it, Have you had any problems with it? I was at a local dealer here and they only have a Blue one, My wife really likes the Charcoal or Black one. Were going tomorrow to look around, we wanna get rid of 2 of ours since there paid off and get one, I have also been throwing around the idea of a YFZ, LT-r, or 450r for her. We need to make room in our trailer. Trying to go from 5 to 3 or four is hard, I dont know which ones we should let go :'(
isn't the polaris scrambler 500 2 stroke? if so, go with the wolverine. Have had two yamaha's and love them both.
Na the Scrambler has the same engine as the sportsman. Even though we own a 500sportsman and I know somebody that has a scrambler I would definitly say get the yamaha. The scrambler is automatic and is geared very high. The yamaha has a little less cc's but its a manual and more 50/50 then the sportsman. So I would definitly say go with the yamaha.
Thanks for all the input.
Nobody seems to like polaris but I suggest you get the Scrambler. I love mine and never had a problem. The younger set figures Yamaha's have won more races so they must be better. Also Polaris's belt issues are ancient history tho it appears they'll never live it down due to comments made by most likely teenagers who've never rode one. I never rode the Wolverine but I'm not about to bash on one just because I ride something else. Just my .02 cents. Scramdaddy
well we looked aroumd at a few dealers and my wife found the one she liked,we are on our way home with it now. i think she made a good choice, suprised me but good choice. now i am looking to sell a couple to make some room
I belong to this forum http://www.atvobsession.com/ and I would say 70% of the members there have polaris and swear by them. These guys are hardcore rock crawlers and utility riders and they swear by the 4-wheel drive feature of the polaris such as the true 4 wheel drive that according to my friend only polaris has. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand that you decide. Good luck
Well here is what we decided on, We own 3 other Polaris Quads and have never had any problems plus when my wife saw this she fell in love.lol
[attachment deleted by admin]
She thinks it is hers but I think it is mine ;)
[attachment deleted by admin]
Sweet!
Another pic
[attachment deleted by admin]
Last one, I'll try and get some more pics of it in action
[attachment deleted by admin]
nice, you might not break down since it has a ktm motor. looks sweet.
Thats a nice machine. ;) I mighta picked that very one for myself.
Yes very nice and very fast in stock form.Ive raced a couple quick predaturds(Lol dont take it personal or anything its a friendly joke)and was suprised.I think you made a good choice. :T
i'd love to ride one of those 525 outlaws. They seem like they would a blast to ride all around. Congrats on the new bike, let us know how you and your wife like it!
Sweet ride. Thats a good compromise. Scramdaddy, the only reason I said that the yamaha would be a better choice was that the polaris has always had a weight issue. Trust me, we have a sportsman and its like 800lbs dry. Other then that and the fact that it is pretty high geared its a great quad. But I think he will be happier with the 525.
Very cool ride! I have 5 Polaris' including the Scrambler (wifes). Never had any problems with any of them............except the Sportsman 500. It started handling funny after I rolled it down the side of a mountain in Tennessee. 8)
Mad mudder I just get a little bent out of shape hearing folks bash my ride. I love my Scramblers, I have two. I gathered some info to set the record str8. Your Sportsman weighs 800 or so you say. Scramblers weigh 571lbs dry with 499cc's. Wolverine 516lbsdry with(421)cc's. So its a closer call than you mighta thaught.
I've seen both quads in action, granted it was an older Wolvi. They are both great quads, remember the Scrambler was designed to compete with the older Wolvi. Now the Scrambler has a better power to weight ratio of 0.95lbs to every CC where as the Wolvi has 1.23lbs to every CC.
Again they are both great quads.
We have a total of 4 Polaris Atv's and 3 of them have never had any problems and have been very strong reliable quads, and we have a 05 Sportsman 500, 05 ATP 330, 06 Predator 90, and now the Outlaw 525. They may weigh a little more but they perform Flawlessly.
I am hoping that my LTR-450 will have the reliability that the polaris's have had.
Quote from: Qdawg76 on February 26, 2007, 06:11:02 PM
We have a total of 4 Polaris Atv's and 3 of them have never had any problems and have been very strong reliable quads, and we have a 05 Sportsman 500, 05 ATP 330, 06 Predator 90, and now the Outlaw 525. They may weigh a little more but they perform Flawlessly.
I am hoping that my LTR-450 will have the reliability that the polaris's have had.
a lot of it has to do with the way you maintain them also. look at your other polaris' there is no way to tell them apart from new. the way you take care of your stuff I think a chinese quad would last forever. a lot of the polaris i have seen break down have been from runnin them hard and not takin care of them, any brand will do that though.