I have a child from a previous relationship.She lied to authorities and said I never helped take care of her, and they gave her a judgement on me for back child support in the amount of $8000. dollars.
I have been paying $450. a month in child support on time.This year, my wife and I filed jointly.Our return was gonna be $6000. dollars.
We just got a notice in the mail stating they are taking all our money to pay for the back child support.Even though we made an agreement to pay it monthly, they still took our return.
There is a 8379 form to get the money for my wife, but it takes 8 to 14 weeks to process.In the mean time, I'm now suppose to struggle taking care of my new family of two kids with my wife, while the lying beotch gets $6000.If the government is reading this,"You can suck my azz!!
If anyone wants a really nice LTZ400 modded out, keep an eye out; I may have to sell it to pay my bills that we were gonna use our tax money for.
If it goes up for sale, it'll be about $2500....cause I'm desperate!!
You got off cheap, my friend. Get over it! That's your child, not our's.
I know it's my child dude,I didn't need you to tell me that.What, do you work for them?I had no problem paying child support.My issue is, they took my wife's money without good cause.I still have two kids with her that I have to care for.
Thanks for your words of encouragement!!
It's your baggage, you have to carry it.
chino did you pay by $ or check ?
if you have any reciepts of any kind of payment you can fight it it happen to my bro but if you dont sorry just pay by check NEVER cash and write child support on the memo line from now on I can tell you it will not happen again and has for selling ur bike you can probably get payment plan on monies owed have the courts look into it and ask ???????????????
I've been paying by check.That isn't the problem.Because I owe back child support and they saw I was getting money, they just took it all.I have no problem taking mine, but they took my wife's money too.
We were expecting that money to pay some debt, now we're gonna be in the negative as well as broke!!
For anyone who is in the same situation, before you file your taxes, make sure your spouse fills out a 8379 form.It keeps them from taking your spouses return.
Chino if you've been paying by check get all your checks together and fight it it can be retro paid back
Quote from: AintSkeered on February 20, 2007, 07:17:32 PM
You got off cheap, my friend. Get over it! That's your child, not our's.
Quote from: wilburzbro on February 20, 2007, 07:42:04 PM
It's your baggage, you have to carry it.
tuff crowd, good luck this sucks
if you sell your quad lmk
steve
p.s that sucks!!!.....what else can I say
Woah, these guys are tough. Bad thing is a lot of dead beat dads out there that make it tough on even the decent guys/gals.
Also, I have cash if you have to sell the quad.
good luck.
I just bought one from Greenmachine for my little girl.I hate knowing I'll have nothing to ride with her on.The next few days will tell If I can't come up with cash.
man that sucks. expecting to get something and getting a whole lot of nothing and then some.
i dont understand. you said you payed child support but they charged you for back child support. :dunno.gif
hell hath no fury for a woman with a scorned heart(or something like that)
i was wondering if you ride with your child from the first "relationship" as well.
I wish you all the best and i hope your ex get her just dues. Can she be charged with fraud?
Good luck to you
I've been there the best I could.I tried to talk the Mother into giving me custody, but she wanted the income tax credit at the end of the year.I moved to Tampa and started doing great since I've been with my wife.
She tried getting $1000. a month from me and that's when I decided to go to court.But since I never kept any financial records, I screwed myself.Now, my Daughter has grown up just like her Mother living in S.Beach..We just grew apart.
Nothing I can do now.But be warned, there is no fairness when it comes to child laws...the Mother always wins!!
I have some good friends.I had some friends threw me some cash to hold me off.I get to keep my quad!!
Thanks for concerned people...I also had a few members on here offered to buy my quad so I'd have immediate cash.Thanks...you know who you are!!
Just filed the 8379 form.I wish I could see her face when they tell her she's not getting all that money!!Beotch!!
Yeah bro sounds like some bs to me, good luck with all that
Normally, when you owe back pay it's for either missing payments in the past or paying back funds that the Government may have given the child. The Father is always entitled to pay the government back. You said she (your ex) is getting the money, so that pretty much means you were either late on payments at some point or you were paying her money but wasn't keeping records of it. If you kept reciepts and what you're saying is correct then you wouldn't owe backpay. If you have documentation and she did lie, you can get a lawyer and take her to court.
ScratchupBangup,
That a tough situation you're in .
Have several buddies that have gone thru the same ordeal .
Good luck
I've never gone through the courts over this.She just this year decided to do this cause she knows how good my life is with my wife.I never kept records,I didn't think she would do this.
But here,I am talking about a woman with no high school diploma,Driv.Lic.,car,or career, is 33 and still lives with her Mother.Hence the reason why we've been apart for 13 years of my Daughter's 14 years.
If you don't have records of having responsibility for the past two years, they give you back child support based on your income for the last two years.I've just recently been ordered like 6 months ago to pay $330. a month-which I've been sending $450.I have never been late , or missed a payment.I was told after we filed our taxes, that they issue an order for intercept of tax refunds.
I had no problem with them giving her my money, but they also took $5000. of my Wife's money.So we had to go through the whole run around.
at first i thought we were talking about the outlaw :D
i hope everything works out for you man! Women can be horrible creatures lol
It's not looking too good.The bills are backed up and I may have to sell my quad!!Dayum the IRS to hell!!