to go every other weekend with 700 other bikes
Thanks
That is pretty big. If set up properly with whinding trails could be more than enough space.
Well Croom is 2600 ac. and it seems small and on the weekends it's even smaller.
BadLuck Praire is only a part of the 60,000 acres @ Picayune Strand State Forest. We were riding that until Jan 05. Does anybody know the acreage of the prairie, itself?
better than nuttin
Yep, better than nothing.....
Less than 1 acre per bike would be pretty darn crowded.
like EWORM said if trails are cut properly,would be good.better than nothing.would be a start,only if it is legal :D
Thats way to small, All of this was talked about at the meeting A few months ago ;) If you could stand at the entrance of picuyane (the bridge) you could see how many people really go out there, And how that would be way to small :-X
That's the same way I feel. Am think more like 5000 or 10,000
acres now that would be a nice place to ride.On a weekend 640ac is going to feel like I'm riding in my backyard.this is what could happen rinding in a small place with many
bikes [smiley=Dead.gif]
While I agree with you about it being to small, something is better than nothing. And again, if done properly and properly maintained and updated it can work.
Good thing it would be too small for some of you. The rest of us could ride while you stay home.
640 acres is plenty for the sport quads. You guys like to race around on a small track anyways. For the 4*4 utility vehicles 640 acres is small as hell. I'm more into long trail riding. Instead of going by acres it should go by miles like big Cypress which has 400 miles of trails.
QuoteGood thing it would be too small for some of you. The rest of us could ride while you stay home.
You think if they did open up 640 acres I wouldnt go??
Id still go I have been going there my whole life I would never pass it up. I guess you could call me A veteran LOL. But you must think about all of the trucks and buggies, all of the drunks not watching where there going, Dirtbikes, quads, three wheelers , PEOPLE SHOOTING GUNS :-X,.
ID go just not on the weekends, I can ride there from my house so I could slip in on the weekdays ;)
QuoteBadLuck Praire is only a part of the 60,000 acres @ Picayune Strand State Forest. We were riding that until Jan 05. Does anybody know the acreage of the prairie, itself?
20k plus
It could be enough. It would have to be set up like woods track,one way, marked, etc. Your butt would be worn out in just a few miles.
I could see were it might be small for the 4x4 guys........
No way is it close to being enough. What would happen if powers that be, decide this is plenty. I'll tell you. we would get cramped into a space we all know is too small. and as sure as we are discussing this, someone will get hurt as a result of a small area. Too much traffic. "Damn ATV riders! Give them a spot and they act like maniacs...." Then the suits will claim it's WAY too dangerous to have ATV crazies on state land and poof...there goes another spot. Heck, we had 270 bikes show up at Rodman. The same turnout could happen there...
Too small... There would have to be a maximum capacity.
Sell that idea to the sport riders, not me. Guys could you imagine 640 acres, 1 bike per acre on a weekend or Holiday ?
Not with the growing numbers of ATV enthusiast. We deserve more.
Either sit on the couch or ride an area that's a little crowded. I think I'd rather ride.... :D
badluck is about 22,000 acers
640 aint that much
GOT TO RIDE GOT TO RIDE [smiley=angel.gif]
Y'all need to see how small of an area 640 acres is...I know it sounds big, but unless you really know how big an acre is, you will be VERY surprised how small we are talking about for the amount of people riding.
640 acres suck we need 10 or 15,000 acres ;)
I want to be able to use my GPS
I agree, the utilities it would be way to small
640 Acres is a walk in the park
We need to get a better [smiley=deal.gif]than that
640 acres is one mile square.
Quote640 acres is one mile square.
You mean one square mile ???