Hey guys, I was kinda bored and was looking around at the most posts for a topic and 2 of the rodman trail rides were up there. It got me thinkin that the last one was 05 correct? So whats the deal? I know they are huge on here but whats the deal? Elite Resorts is a homeowners association now and the pit is closed so it looks pretty dim but are you guys planning to move it or what?
Ocala group rides are a thing of the past :(. No place to get together and then no place to ride.
It's a shame, cause we really use to do it a lot.But I still see a lot of people at Croom.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 20, 2007, 12:59:28 PM
Ocala group rides are a thing of the past :(. No place to get together and then no place to ride.
Matt, what about Eureka? is that closed too??
Quote from: Honda328i on February 20, 2007, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 20, 2007, 12:59:28 PM
Ocala group rides are a thing of the past :(. No place to get together and then no place to ride.
Matt, what about Eureka? is that closed too??
People are still riding at Eureka but legal access from Eureka to the trail system is blocked off.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 20, 2007, 10:06:34 PM
Quote from: Honda328i on February 20, 2007, 08:17:22 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on February 20, 2007, 12:59:28 PM
Ocala group rides are a thing of the past :(. No place to get together and then no place to ride.
Matt, what about Eureka? is that closed too??
People are still riding at Eureka but legal access from Eureka to the trail system is blocked off.
Why is that only legal access to the trail system at trailheads only?
The trail that I used to take to get to Eureka is blocked and has a big sign that says closed. If you stay on the new marked trail you cannot get to Eureka any more. If you take the trail to Rodman pit you will be greeted with hundreds of closed signs all the way around the sand bowl. The picture that is at the top of our website is taken at Rodman. That pic could not be taken legally today. :(
Yea I'm in that picture
I was at Eureke about 2 months ago Didnt know they closed off to the trail sytem from there Thanks
Back row 2 blue yamahas with 2 red somethings to the right
2 months ago it may have still been open.
Thanks Going up there this weekend guess we'll have to find new parking place
You can still park at Rodman Dam and jump on the Yellow trail there and that's all legal.
You just cannot ride in the "PIT" area. The Yellow trail goes around the northeast corner
of the PIT. I hate it but it's true.
Quote from: RubiconJim on February 21, 2007, 11:46:19 PM
You can still park at Rodman Dam and jump on the Yellow trail there and that's all legal.
You just cannot ride in the "PIT" area. The Yellow trail goes around the northeast corner
of the PIT. I hate it but it's true.
Thanks
There are also designated parking areas(trail heads) off of FR 97.
Has anyone been to Big Scub, or Blue Sink or parked off 19 near the powerlines lately? Just wondering if these might be good meeting spots anymore or if you can even ride there? Used to have a blast riding out there a year ago.
I guess riding in tha sandpit can really do a lot of damage to the environment. they really acomplished something by closing that sandhole.
Quote from: tony pitts on February 23, 2007, 03:24:22 PM
I guess riding in tha sandpit can really do a lot of damage to the environment. they really acomplished something by closing that sandhole.
I was thinking the same thing. Like talk about shoving it in our faces. It makes about as much since as if they told boaters all lakes are off limits but you can follow designated streams that go in a big circle. It's sooo ridiculous. This state needs a privately owned ATV park real bad. Something like Durhamtown Plantation in FL where the state isn't telling us where to ride and making boring trails and keeping us from every fun spot in the forest. I respect what the forest service is doing in protecting the environment but this sucks for the riders.