Have not been there where is a good place to trail ride with children
Croom has everything. When you get there, the parking lot that is just past the entrance to the park is next to a big open area. Lots of crazy people there. If you keep going about 3 more miles there are going to be more parking areas. There is one with a bath/shower area call the Hammock Parking area. WHEREVER you park it will be crowded around the parking area. If you want, there is a fenced area that the kids can ride in without having to worry about everyone else, but it is not that great IMPO.
Don't let the place intimidate you. You can't get lost. I can't stress that enough. If you don't know where you are, just ride till you hit a fence or one of the main trails. If you have a GPS, use it to mark where you parked. If you want to get away from the packed riding areas, get far away from the parking areas. The closer you are the more people there are. I haven't run into any really nasty people out there (and we go most every weekend) most are very friendly and helpfull. If you are stopped and even look like you need help someone will stop.
I think I am going to go Sunday morning too, but he's right don't park in the front if you don't want alot of people around..goto the back and then if you wanna trail ride ride north , the "hills" what little they have are just south of the picnic pavilions, all depends on what terrain you actually want to ride
Looks like we will be there Sunday. Me & my 8yr old son, parking in back past restrooms. green f150.
Quote from: greenmachine on February 17, 2007, 07:51:01 PM
Looks like we will be there Sunday. Me & my 8yr old son, parking in back past restrooms. green f150.
Guess that means Chino is gonna go to 2:L
I will be parked in back near restrooms green ford sporttrac with a ugly yellow trailer, lol ...might just be me, my cousin might go
If I can find someone to babysit my son.If not, I'll have to take a raincheck!!
Well it was nice and cold and muddy out there today even trying to avoid mud puddles I ended up nasty
Today was my first time ever out the today I had alot of fun , Though cleaning all of the mud off SUCKS . still working on that haha .
all in all i had a good time.I was riding the orange tony stewart artic cat.. I dunno where we park I went with some friends , a orange rappy w/ full bore plastics and a loud pipe , an a green kfx400 we were in a mills air truck.
ALSO I kinda peeled my sticker off while cleaning my quad today , HOW do I go about getting another ?
Ed
Slap some adhesive on it.I'll be back out there this thursday if anyone wants to come ride.Yellow/black/red LTZ with #37c on it.
I went today and was in the Camping area and people were burning pressure treated fence post and boards.They just stood in the smoke and breathed it cause they were cold.It was alittle nippy but once you got the motor hot it kept you warm through out the day.