In ONF? I remember looking at a map seeing atv symbols and could of sworn I saw two. Thanks. -Mark
lake delancey west...which is north of scrub,is the only other campground you can ride out of
hope this helps
Is it better than big scrub? Just wanted different scenery.
-Mark
NOT SURE,HEARD IT HAS MORE SHADE...PLAN ON GOING IN THE SUMMER WHEN KIDS GET OUT OF SCHOOL
I've been to Big Scrub countless times, but I've also heard of the other campground that you can ride out of. I know that you CAN NOT ride out of Big Bass, the last time I was there, I was chased out of Big Bass by an old man swinging his cane at me, it was pretty funny. But ive also heard of the place north of Big Scrub, i heard that the riding by there is just as good, if not better. I plan on stopping by there the next itme i go.
Delancy West Campground is the other.
here are some unconfirmed DIRECTIONS:
From Salt Springs, FL, take State Rt. 19 north 5.8 miles to Forest Rt. 75. Turn left onto Rt. 75 and go 3.9 miles to campground on left.
checkout:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/ocala%20chart.pdf
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/off%20road%20vehicle%20use.pdf
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=17&n=3256056&e=423814&s=100&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25
I was just at both Big Scrub and Lake Delancey West this weekend. Been there for the first time, We camped a Delancey and wow it was awesome. Camp sites were wooded, there is a lake there to fish from, and you can ride in and out of there. Nice trails out there too. Big scrub, has great trails,, however the camp site is in a wide open fields, NO SHADE. So I am from now and ferever on camping at Delancey.
Oh and the directions are correct
Cool thanks Eric. I'm gonna try that out. -Mark
Old school, are you looking for a place to stay or a day trip?
QuoteOld school, are you looking for a place to stay or a day trip?
I wanna say both. The first trip will most likely be a day trip then if I like it I'll stay the night. -Mark
Does the campground at lake delancy have electric and water hook ups ? Also how much per night is it to camp there?
does lake delancy have bathrooms?
Yeah that... and do they allow pets?
That is what the diff between Onf and Croom. Croom has elec and water for motorhome, no pets. ONF no water and elec. but pets... No generator after 10:00pm
QuoteDoes the campground at lake delancy have electric and water hook ups ? Also how much per night is it to camp there?
Has anybody tryed Ocala forest campground?
check ur other posting.........
There is also a campround with pool and rental rv's on 42 (southside of the forest) just past 585 heading eastbound....
HillKiller, What's the name of the campground you are talking about? Give me more info..... Maybe a phone number..
It is called Ocala Forest Campground, I assume it's the same as the one you mentioned above...much better than Scrub...electric, etc.
352-669-3888
they just closed 8000 acers round there
I haven't been in awhile but my buddy was there end of April, he said it was great but didnt mentioned any closed areas. ???
It's just happened. There is info on the subject in open discussion
i want to go sunday but do they have all those hump thangs all over the place or is it pretty much just good speed trails
I've only been there once but every way i road out there were 15 to 20 mins. of woops and then it got better
I took a look at the map of the closed areas. To me it doesn't appear that the 8200 acres that just closed borders the Ocala Forest Campground on 42, it looks as though that area is a few miles north of the campground...anyone know for sure either way?
The owner of ocala forest campground is meeting with rangers on monday.I will be talking to him after that.He said to him it looks like the closed areas do a lot of skipping.One area is closed and right across the road might be open and so forth.
I've been reading these posts on places to ride and think it's great theat everyone shares spots to ride. Not directing this at anyone but, I can't be the only one who thinks this way..... If someone does not have a place to ride near their home and does not want to drive a distance to ride legally, why would they ever buy an ATV?
Seems to me, if you're going to spend the serious $$ it takes to buy a new bike you'd either have a legal place close by or be willing to drive.
Just curious. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
QuoteI've been reading these posts on places to ride and think it's great theat everyone shares spots to ride. Not directing this at anyone but, I can't be the only one who thinks this way..... If someone does not have a place to ride near their home and does not want to drive a distance to ride legally, why would they ever buy an ATV?
Seems to me, if you're going to spend the serious $$ it takes to buy a new bike you'd either have a legal place close by or be willing to drive.
Just curious. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I think the post was meant for places in ONF other than scrub bud
No prob.
Still an interesting thought though.
QuoteNo prob.
Still an interesting thought though.
oh no anti atv is back
Not at all anti-atv. Just an interesting predicament for many ATV riders and something I've wondered about. That's all. :D
QuoteNot at all anti-atv. Just an interesting predicament for many ATV riders and something I've wondered about. That's all. :D
STOP WONDERING SO MUCH MAN!!!
Never stop wondering. Never stop asking questions. Never stop looking for a better way. Never stop being curious. If you do, you might as well give up and die.
Anyway, wasn't trying to "hijack" a thread or step on toes. Just stirring the pot with an obvious but often overlooked issue.
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.