Anyone here ever ride at Suburban Estates (by orlando)? A buddy of mine just bought some property there and was just wondering what to expect. Good ,bad, any opinions....
yes its kinda dry this time of the year
We own property out there. It's a BLAST. We camped out there for New Years. There was plenty of water. No matter how dry out it is, I can show you places you're not making it through without a winch.
The place is great. There is something for everyone - fast smooth trails, long sandy whooped out trails, mud, great scenery and lots of wildlife... and there's animals out there too! 8) We put 35 miles on the quads this past weekend and still haven't seen everything. My guess is that you could spend a couple of days before you travelled every trail. One thing, make sure you are paying attention if you are travelling fast on any of the trails. There could be anything from a mini-bike to a monster truck coming the opposite direction and most of the corners are blind.
Let's not forget to mention stolen quads, slashed tires, camps broken into and forest fires by arsonists. Also it is hunting season so watch what time you ride and where your riding. And don't ride in front of the gun range. Other than that have fun.
Seems like you get that most any place you go these days. Some people just don't appreciate what we have.
Thinking about buying a piece of land...Which is better River Ranch or Suburban Estates?? Both seem to have good and bad points.
Tom
River Ranch
do you have to own land to ride out there ??
Quote from: EZride on January 18, 2007, 09:48:08 PM
Seems like you get that most any place you go these days. Some people just don't appreciate what we have.
Thinking about buying a piece of land...Which is better River Ranch or Suburban Estates?? Both seem to have good and bad points.
Tom
It depends who you ask, for the most part everyone who goes to SE regularly will tell you it sucks and goto RR so they dont have more people out there. The opposite is also true. It shows on this thread. Try to goto both places and decide for yourself.
Quote from: Bigwilly on January 22, 2007, 01:23:04 PM
do you have to own land to ride out there ??
Yes.
Bill
RR
I have land in both places just go to Suburan Estates web site and read the posts about all the break in's and BS that goes on out there. And your right neither place wants more people riding ATV's in hunting clubs
Look guys I have land out there too, and right now I am really disappointed. Yes, there are some great people out there, but it is very disappointing that everytime you go out there something is stolen from you. Yes, it's true, most people don't want anymore people out there, and you know what I really can't blame. See before the age of the internet, and before everyone found out about this place, it used to be a great place. Nows there are a/h who starts fires, a/h who break into camps, people total leave their trash EVERYWHERE, and if that ain't bad enough, camps have been severly destroyed by idiots, I guess because they are just bored.
Normally, I wouldn't even post here regarding SE, bcz we really don't like putting stuff on the web. But here is where it starts, and unfortunately, here is where it won't end. See we get great places like SE, Viking, River Ranch, Holey Lands, and guess, a few a/h ruin it for everyone. I am so sick of it, so damn sick of it. I swear the next time I see someone throwing a beer bottle, I am going to go postal (no offense to postal employees), because it is the people like that don't respect the land they are riding on, are the people that cause so many issues.
Also, land at SE is not CHEAP. I can honestly now say, that if I had it to do all over again, I would buy River Ranch. Hell, I think I would just like to move the hell out of Florida!!!!!
I think it's time to do a Charlie Daniels on the butts, "tie them to a tree and let the alligators do the rest".......
Sorry about your luck. I seen you had a couple break ins. I agree, its crap like that is going to ruin it for all of us.
Tom
I own at RR and was broken into earlier this year. Both places have scum that visit. both have the same type of trails...the chances of your camper surviving at rr are much greater than holopaw
Can anyone post the website for Suburban estates? I've search and searched but nothing specific comes up.
Thx
Quote from: cheropride on January 23, 2007, 08:49:25 AM
Look guys I have land out there too, and right now I am really disappointed. Yes, there are some great people out there, but it is very disappointing that everytime you go out there something is stolen from you. Yes, it's true, most people don't want anymore people out there, and you know what I really can't blame. See before the age of the internet, and before everyone found out about this place, it used to be a great place. Nows there are a/h who starts fires, a/h who break into camps, people total leave their trash EVERYWHERE, and if that ain't bad enough, camps have been severly destroyed by idiots, I guess because they are just bored.
Normally, I wouldn't even post here regarding SE, bcz we really don't like putting stuff on the web. But here is where it starts, and unfortunately, here is where it won't end. See we get great places like SE, Viking, River Ranch, Holey Lands, and guess, a few a/h ruin it for everyone. I am so sick of it, so damn sick of it. I swear the next time I see someone throwing a beer bottle, I am going to go postal (no offense to postal employees), because it is the people like that don't respect the land they are riding on, are the people that cause so many issues.
Also, land at SE is not CHEAP. I can honestly now say, that if I had it to do all over again, I would buy River Ranch. Hell, I think I would just like to move the hell out of Florida!!!!!
I think it's time to do a Charlie Daniels on the butts, "tie them to a tree and let the alligators do the rest".......
Gator, Sent you a PM
Quote from: garym on January 25, 2007, 10:42:28 AM
I own at RR and was broken into earlier this year. Both places have scum that visit. both have the same type of trails...the chances of your camper surviving at rr are much greater than holopaw
Especially when people don't break in and leave your door open to your trailer letting the rodents and elements inside.
Bill