ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: lil fat rider on January 07, 2007, 02:10:36 AM

Title: 250ex
Post by: lil fat rider on January 07, 2007, 02:10:36 AM
is the drive shaft system any good or is it bad for racing
Title: Re: 250ex
Post by: jeremy retzsch on January 08, 2007, 01:54:52 AM
For what kind of racing?
Title: Re: 250ex
Post by: Eric5555 on January 08, 2007, 02:49:57 AM
It depends.....Its ok for woods racing but not for motocross....and it has no clutch
Title: Re: 250ex
Post by: CountryBoy on January 08, 2007, 02:53:31 PM
I know the honda 250 ex,(the newer ones have the sport clutch). I started out on a 250 ex(motocross). Its a good starter bike, but if you really start geeting into (motocross) racing then it's not really what you want.
Title: Re: 250ex
Post by: #13_LT-R450 on January 10, 2007, 11:47:40 PM
I had a 03' 250ex and it was fine for motocross!

Title: Re: 250ex
Post by: 06 BaNsHeE on January 11, 2007, 12:24:18 AM
My friend has one.There slow,get something that you can play with the gearing for your riding style.Like a 400ex would be a better bike than a 250ex.Oh yeah and they suck for donuts so i guess they would suck for cornering.lol Im not really into motorcross so I dont know much about it but I know that wouldnt be my first option.Maybe a raptor350 will suit you better.
Title: Re: 250ex
Post by: klutchbuster400 on January 11, 2007, 08:26:57 PM
I dont like them at all for older kids, if your 9-12 then its good, if its a finaincial bind, then ANything reliable is good!