Poll
Question:
Should we accept any proposal from SFWMD OR Let the County sue them ?
Option 1: Accept any proposal
votes: 0
Option 2: Sue the "F" out of them
votes: 26
As some of you may know, the SFWMD wants to hold a private meeting with a few of us tonight. They want to propose something. "Funny how they want to meet before the commissioners meeting this coming Wed the 10th" .
I will not make the final decision, I will post what they proposed and we will all decide as a group.
I am willing to listen to the district, but if they propose anything less than 640 acres, My answer is "Let the county sue". My 2 cents
It's been too long, they own over 310,000 throughout the state and they keep saying there is no land to ride.
We got'em by the b@lls this time. Now we are in control !
the 640 acres were promised,,,,accept nothing less.
Id@
ALL IN FAVOR SAY I me I
I me I
I think we swhould go forward with the lawsuit, But i want input from the rest of the folks in here.
SUE THE F OUT OF EM!! YEeHAW! ::)
florida just past a law that says that no county, city or whatever can be held liable if they open a atv park. so now they dont have any liability issues ;)
You both have good heads on your shoulders. What ever you decide to do I'm with you.
Which ever gets us more riding areas.
Just got back from the meeting. I will be posting what they proposed. GOOD & BAD look for the new post in a few hours.
Quote from: Thrumud on January 05, 2007, 10:06:08 PM
Just got back from the meeting. I will be posting what they proposed. GOOD & BAD look for the new post in a few hours.
Thank you for making it to the meeting. I could not make it tonight. (Been home sick hacking-up little green smurffs)
mars it is peter hope you feel better brother
Thanks.
Quote from: Mars on January 05, 2007, 10:35:41 PM
Quote from: Thrumud on January 05, 2007, 10:06:08 PM
Just got back from the meeting. I will be posting what they proposed. GOOD & BAD look for the new post in a few hours.
Thank you for making it to the meeting. I could not make it tonight. (Been home sick hacking-up little green smurffs)
Got your back ;)
Quote from: Dreth on January 05, 2007, 06:47:23 PM
florida just past a law that says that no county, city or whatever can be held liable if they open a atv park. so now they dont have any liability issues ;)
Can you post a link to this law. It may help others out that goes to the commission meetings to let their commissioners know of this law. Also 640 acres is not very much property for an atv park. It would be a start but you really need thousands of acres.
Quote from: yunt2ride on January 06, 2007, 06:06:55 AM
Quote from: Dreth on January 05, 2007, 06:47:23 PM
florida just past a law that says that no county, city or whatever can be held liable if they open a atv park. so now they dont have any liability issues ;)
Can you post a link to this law. It may help others out that goes to the commission meetings to let their commissioners know of this law. Also 640 acres is not very much property for an atv park. It would be a start but you really need thousands of acres.
yunt2ride you are 100% correct, 640 is really not enough at all, if anyone has ever been to C&R motorsport park? they are around 600 acres give or take and most of the time you can barely move around in that place. It's better than nothing don't get me wrong but it truly is not enough!
640 is not enough!!!! croom is small with 2600 we need at least 2000 acres and for it to be accessable 7 days a week daylite to dawn, cause 2 weekends a month is no good i appreciate all ur time and effort on this matter thrumud seem to me ur the only one that really knows wazzup plz keep us posted thanks again do u know anything about the bermont road atv park and concert park in charlotte co ??
I was at the previous sfwmd meeting and the land is 628 acres but actual riding land would turnout to be more like 268 in trails and track
Quote from: articcat on January 06, 2007, 12:54:11 PM
I was at the previous sfwmd meeting and the land is 628 acres but actual riding land would turnout to be more like 268 in trails and track
Thats a slap in the face but maybe if you get this much to begin with then they may allow more riding in the future. 268 acres will not be enough for 50 people and you will be able to cover it all in about 2 hours.