ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM

Title: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM
I have lost both keys to my Honda Rancher. Can you call the dealer and get a new one with the serial # like you can with a car?
Title: Re: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: xr100racer on December 19, 2006, 12:54:07 AM
Quote from: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM
Can you call the dealer and get a new one with the serial # like you can with a car?

As long as the person you took it from hasnt reported it stolen yet 2:L
Title: Re: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:59:19 AM
I got the title thanks to them making us get the green sticker lol.
Title: Re: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: fire20 on December 19, 2006, 01:24:30 AM
I had the same problem and you can take the ignition switch to a lock smith and they can look at the numbers and they can cut you a new key
Title: Re: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: 06LimitedPred on December 19, 2006, 01:41:20 AM
In my case my truck was stolen with my atv keys in it, i just bought a new ignition for about 50 or 75 bucks
Title: Re: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: greenmachine on December 19, 2006, 02:04:22 AM
Quote from: stacktester on December 19, 2006, 12:50:58 AM
I have lost both keys to my Honda Rancher. Can you call the dealer and get a new one with the serial # like you can with a car?
All you have to do is take the vin# to a dealer & they will cut you an exact key for usually $5.00, it is simple as that, I did it for my KFX400.
Title: Re: ATV Keys Lost
Post by: KB on December 20, 2006, 09:12:19 PM
If your just trying to ride it 'till you get new keys, I'm pretty sure all you gotta do is wire nut the 2 wires together(going into the key )
Once we forgot the keys when we were in onf and did that, been like that since.