Poll
Question:
whats faster
Option 1: ford 6.0 deisel
votes: 19
Option 2: ford 7.3 deisel
votes: 12
Option 3: dodge deisel
votes: 13
Option 4: chevy deisel
votes: 13
this is for fun trash talk all you want if you can't take it don't post!!!
ok, i guess we moved. last post i made......
Cutnegrs - I did not start talking crap to you. I was arguing with smokingshee and you repeated twice that youll run any diesel on this site. Im not driving to Ocala to race you if you really want to race me - Time and place - 66th ave in between 4th st and oslo road in VERO. we got the 1/4 marked out.
Your a joke, You saw that I said I have a stock truck with just a chip, You know you have a fast azz 6.0 so you challenge me to a race and you live far away. You will probably win. Good for you. I didnt come on here challenging people to race idiot
You picked a race you knew would never happen and if it did you would win. WOW. If you want more of a challenge ill be more than happy to round up some of my buddys, they may even agree to meet you half way in between ocala and vero but the race will be for cash
I LOVE my Ford 7.3, but if I was building a Diesel Dragster I would have to go with the Cummins 12 or 24 valve mechanical 5.9ltr inline 6. Its a better overall engine and can stand up to the Higher HP and Tq numbers. Its just the shell that its in might not be able to do it ;D
Hey cut, did it go down today?
have to agree, the ford bottom ends are not the most durable.
but i still love my 7.3. i have enough modes to make it pull very well and it is very quick and still very durable.
why would you buy anything diesel but a ford---because you dont qualify to drive the best ...or your credit sucks one.you choose! 7.3 turbo the only way to go just my .02
Are you all serious? It is common knowledge that the Cummins 5.9 is the greatest diesel motor of all time to ever be put into a pick up truck. The only motor that could come close is the 7.3 but when i say close its just closer than the rest of all the crap. No where near the Cummins. The Cumins Inline B Series motor has been tested time and time again to be the most reliable, makes the most power, most durablegreateststrongestawsomelyness engine ever. Ever look at the fastest times for diesel trucks, ever look at the most succesful sled puller trucks, What truck will pull the most???? Theyre all cummins. I know youve all seen fords with the cummins motor swapped in them. Theyre is a reason behind all that and it cant be denied
Ive talked to these people and they do good work
http://www.fordcummins.com/
no way would I f*ck up a good ford truck by doing that.
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 03:16:13 AM
ok, i guess we moved. last post i made......
Cutnegrs - I did not start talking crap to you. I was arguing with smokingshee and you repeated twice that youll run any diesel on this site. Im not driving to Ocala to race you if you really want to race me - Time and place - 66th ave in between 4th st and oslo road in VERO. we got the 1/4 marked out.
Your a joke, You saw that I said I have a stock truck with just a chip, You know you have a fast azz 6.0 so you challenge me to a race and you live far away. You will probably win. Good for you. I didnt come on here challenging people to race idiot
You picked a race you knew would never happen and if it did you would win. WOW. If you want more of a challenge ill be more than happy to round up some of my buddys, they may even agree to meet you half way in between ocala and vero but the race will be for cash
what are you a little racist where do you get cutnegers its cutngrs that cut n grass domb azz ill race you and your girl friends any time you want ill meet you at moroso on out law day i do not have to play go get from any of my friend i all ready have it truck drag banshee drag bike come and get some
[attachment deleted by admin]
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Get em cut :ThumbsUp.gif
lets stick to this topic only
thought we were talking about things with 4 wheels? that busa will smoke anyone i know so ill give you that. i got a truck and a rappy you will win the races. smokinbanshee said you had friends with deep pockets so i figured you would line someone with 4 wheels to race one of my buddys. I never stated i wanted to race anyone. i said i would race you if you really wanted and specifically said youd probably win
lets clear one thing up. my dads truck?
Guess cause im 18 i cant own my own truck. Not like i work 2 jobs or anything, I take care 100% of all my own finances
Insurance, Phone, truck payment, gas, atv I dont understand how some parents give their kids everything for free. you probably thought i was one of them. My dad had to buy all his own stuff when he was a kid and said if i wanted nice stuff i had to work for it myself. i think im doin all right
Your going crazy because I accidently put an "e" in your name. Try using some periods. Certainly sound like your on one.
Saw your last post in the "new shoes." Best thing Ive herd all night. Truths, this is getting silly.
It is fun though. See you don't understand but CUT and I strive on this. I am truely a master of trash talking.
Quote from: sparkplug01 on December 18, 2006, 03:19:25 AM
why would you buy anything diesel but a ford---because you dont qualify to drive the best ...or your credit sucks one.you choose! 7.3 turbo the only way to go just my .02
Get over it, you cant buy a 7.3 anymore. When I bought my truck I didnt want a used one.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 18, 2006, 03:58:40 AM
Quote from: sparkplug01 on December 18, 2006, 03:19:25 AM
why would you buy anything diesel but a ford---because you dont qualify to drive the best ...or your credit sucks one.you choose! 7.3 turbo the only way to go just my .02
Get over it, you cant buy a 7.3 anymore. When I bought my truck I didnt want a used one.
HECK, I could only afford a used one. LMAO. buying a diesel is like buying a darn house now a days.
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 18, 2006, 03:58:08 AM
It is fun though. See you don't understand but CUT and I strive on this. I am truely a master of trash talking.
Its hard for me to keep trash talking when I dont have anything that can beat him. 2:L
i don't need my friends pockets mine are plenty deep enough you think i do this for free i don't think so i don' play we just took some boys for three grand today with this shiot you want periods hell i just got spell check
[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 04:00:57 AM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 18, 2006, 03:58:08 AM
It is fun though. See you don't understand but CUT and I strive on this. I am truely a master of trash talking.
Its hard for me to keep trash talking when I dont have anything that can beat him. 2:L
Thats the beauty of trash talking, you can talk the talk and never have to walk the walk.
By the way, reals trucks have 3 pedals on the floor. Save your pennys for that Dodge auto, you will need them.
heres one more
[attachment deleted by admin]
Yeah, I know what your talking about. But they are running faster times than the 6 speeds. But its only a matter of power before they go out. Im going to take it easy with the mods untill I can afford to play
This truck was my first auto though. I am no stranger to 3 pedals
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 04:18:05 AM
Yeah, I know what your talking about. But they are running faster times than the 6 speeds. But its only a matter of power before they go out. Im going to take it easy with the mods untill I can afford to play
This truck was my first auto though. I am no stranger to 3 pedals
I would highly advise atleast a main valve body for the stock tranny to hold the power. I did the transgo tugger kit in my tranny and it has helped out ALOT.
That thing is Bad, looks like you were running it on pavement. Do they allow quads at moroso or other tracks?
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 18, 2006, 04:05:42 AM
By the way, reals trucks have 3 pedals on the floor. Save your pennys for that Dodge auto, you will need them.
Matt, haven't you learned anything from us Fat guys? You can't eat donuts and shift gears while driving. AUTO IS WHERE ITS AT!!!
main valve body is in the near future
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 04:22:26 AM
main valve body is in the near future
very good purchase.
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 04:20:30 AM
That thing is Bad, looks like you were running it on pavement. Do they allow quads at moroso or other tracks?
yes we where on pavement it will be in the sand next yes you can run at moroso and gainsville sorry about the dad crack i just get tired of Herring people talk shiot about the ford 6.0 mine hauls azz and the only problem i have had is the oil cooler went out and it got 150000 miles on it and i beat on it
Its all good. I havent been to moroso in awhile, be fun to see what my quad would run
WOW, look what I have been missing !!!!!!!
I still say that the 6.0 is the fastest, and my old stock 3 peddle 7.3 will out pull any stock dodge
HECK, I could only afford a used one. LMAO. buying a diesel is like buying a darn house now a days.
[/quote]
I guess when you only make 10.00 Hr it would be like buying a house :D :D :D :D
hope you didn't have to dip into the jackrussell fund for all the add ons :o :-*
want to drive an uncomfortable but good mileage truck drive a dodge ,want to drive something that breaks down all the time but has lots of power drive a Ford, want to drive some thing that has got lots of power, dependable and more comfortable interior than any other drive a GMC or Chevy. Notice I didn't say most or fastest but but if I'm gonna spend 40,000 on a truck it's gonna be all around! ;) ;) I'm speaking from experience not just blowing smoke most people I know have deisels and that is pretty much how it is. and they use them hard everyday not just put some chip or exhaust in them and think they have a drag truck
Quote from: cutngrs on December 18, 2006, 04:02:17 AM
i don't need my friends pockets mine are plenty deep enough you think i do this for free i don't think so i don' play we just took some boys for three grand today with this shiot you want periods hell i just got spell check
i am calling bull sh!t on this one! if they are so deep you better send the money for the system
Quote from: cutngrs on December 18, 2006, 04:34:31 AM
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 04:20:30 AM
That thing is Bad, looks like you were running it on pavement. Do they allow quads at moroso or other tracks?
yes we where on pavement it will be in the sand next yes you can run at moroso and gainsville sorry about the dad crack i just get tired of Herring people talk shiot about the ford 6.0 mine hauls azz and the only problem i have had is the oil cooler went out and it got 150000 miles on it and i beat on it
dont forget how it left you seating on the side of the road on the way to my brothers house :o
Just a simple observation but, isn't this xr100 guy like 18 years old and living at home with mommy and daddy? What in the world could this kid actually know about anything in life much less the technical aspects of the diesel engine?
Tell you what, I've got a 1987 Izuzu Pup two wheel drive, diesel 4cyl. (no stinkin turbo), five speed, one 215-60-14 wild country and three 225-60-14 walmart tires on rusty rims. The bed is falling off, the passenger window doesn't work, the seat is home to a family of rats, the hood is bent and wired sh*t with a coat hanger, the oild has never been changed, it over heats, has 347892 miles on it, the interior smells like azz and you must spray it with ether to get it running. I will lay the smack down on any person who thinks their truck can outrun my Izuzu (or as I affectionately call it "the sh%tbox from hell"). I've trained a resus monkey to drive it for me when we race. He weighs less than 40 lbs so weight is not an issue. His reaction times are superior to any and his ability to throw poop out the window while passing the 1000' mark is unparalleled. Bring it sissies!!
Quote from: Anoriginal on December 18, 2006, 03:26:16 PM
Just a simple observation but, isn't this xr100 guy like 18 years old and living at home with mommy and daddy? What in the world could this kid actually know about anything in life much less the technical aspects of the diesel engine?
Tell you what, I've got a 1987 Izuzu Pup two wheel drive, diesel 4cyl. (no stinkin turbo), five speed, one 215-60-14 wild country and three 225-60-14 walmart tires on rusty rims. The bed is falling off, the passenger window doesn't work, the seat is home to a family of rats, the hood is bent and wired sh*t with a coat hanger, the oild has never been changed, it over heats, has 347892 miles on it, the interior smells like azz and you must spray it with ether to get it running. I will lay the smack down on any person who thinks their truck can outrun my Izuzu (or as I affectionately call it "the sh%tbox from hell"). I've trained a resus monkey to drive it for me when we race. He weighs less than 40 lbs so weight is not an issue. His reaction times are superior to any and his ability to throw poop out the window while passing the 1000' mark is unparalleled. Bring it sissies!!
Yes, I will be living with my "daddy" for about another 5 months. Did you live with your parents when you were in high school? Are you proud that you were born before me? Youve pointed out your older than me and have a POS truck. Good for you, get a job or something
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 06:20:52 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on December 18, 2006, 03:26:16 PM
Just a simple observation but, isn't this xr100 guy like 18 years old and living at home with mommy and daddy? What in the world could this kid actually know about anything in life much less the technical aspects of the diesel engine?
Tell you what, I've got a 1987 Izuzu Pup two wheel drive, diesel 4cyl. (no stinkin turbo), five speed, one 215-60-14 wild country and three 225-60-14 walmart tires on rusty rims. The bed is falling off, the passenger window doesn't work, the seat is home to a family of rats, the hood is bent and wired sh*t with a coat hanger, the oild has never been changed, it over heats, has 347892 miles on it, the interior smells like azz and you must spray it with ether to get it running. I will lay the smack down on any person who thinks their truck can outrun my Izuzu (or as I affectionately call it "the sh%tbox from hell"). I've trained a resus monkey to drive it for me when we race. He weighs less than 40 lbs so weight is not an issue. His reaction times are superior to any and his ability to throw poop out the window while passing the 1000' mark is unparalleled. Bring it sissies!!
Yes, I will be living with my "daddy" for about another 5 months. Did you live with your parents when you were in high school? Are you proud that you were born before me? Youve pointed out your older than me and have a POS truck. Good for you, get a job or something
Shut up hippy or I'll sic my spider monkeys on you. Now, go mow the yard and take out the trash. Oh, and I have a job. I am a manager of three 7-11's in Hardee County. I make like $50,000.00 a year and my real truck is a 1984 Nissan Hard Body with 30" ground hawgs and a set of sparkomatic 6x9's run through a pyramid 1000 watt amp.
Your a real comedian, My buddy has a hardbody, not sure if you have one though. Didnt know anyone else refered to them as a "hardbody". I know other people that have them and they just call it a nissan pick up or frontier, not even knowing the older ones are called hardbody. That system sounds preety sick btw
And I hate hippies
Anoriginal, You are KILLING me !!!! That has got to be some of the funniest shiot I have heard in a LONG time, EXCEPT that a stock dodge has that kind of boost, and can out run a stock Ford.
By the way, Bring that smellyshiotbox on out, I want to see the monkey tossing the turds out the window :R 2:L
Quote from: dynodon on December 18, 2006, 07:53:04 PM
EXCEPT that a stock dodge has that kind of boost
Did you not watch the video where I proved it?
my friend that owns 4x4's and more. he told me that the dodge will beat ford and the new chevy will smoke both of them
got a ideal! lets all show up at cr motorsports for the next event and we will find out which brand takes the over all win. i thinks its on the 30th of this month. we can do speed and truck pulls
ya'll keep it up and you'll end up like this guy:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/GERY350/testosterone.jpg)
;D ;D
Quote from: 535banshee on December 18, 2006, 08:22:00 PM
my friend that owns 4x4's and more. he told me that the dodge will beat ford and the new Chevy will smoke both of them
BUY A CHEVY AT ITS BEST DRIVE IT A MILE AND PUSH IT THE REST
F FIRST :drive.gif
O ON :Fp
R RACE :king.gif
D DAY :bow.gif
THIS IS FORD CONTRY AND WHEN ON A QUIT NIGHT YOU CAN HERE A DODGE RUSTING FOR MILES
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 18, 2006, 04:21:09 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 18, 2006, 04:05:42 AM
By the way, reals trucks have 3 pedals on the floor. Save your pennys for that Dodge auto, you will need them.
Matt, haven't you learned anything from us Fat guys? You can't eat donuts and shift gears while driving. AUTO IS WHERE ITS AT!!!
Since we're all sitting around telling the truth here Matt got a stick so in case he and his friend Matt can't get it up they can ride the extra stick. Love y'all. :-*
Scrub I thought y'all got a stick cause it's easier to drive when getting He@d. Isn't that why all the hot guys get automatics? What's this about fat guys and donuts you speak of? Those are called cops....did I say that out loud?
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 18, 2006, 04:21:09 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 18, 2006, 04:05:42 AM
By the way, reals trucks have 3 pedals on the floor. Save your pennys for that Dodge auto, you will need them.
Matt, haven't you learned anything from us Fat guys? You can't eat donuts and shift gears while driving. AUTO IS WHERE ITS AT!!!
A manual shifter will hold a lot more donuts and they stay on better. Sometime when riding with Anoriginal when he makes a hard left turn all the damn donuts go flying off the shifter. That never happens in my truck.
F.O.R.D=
FU!CKED OR REALLY DISAPOINTED
Dodges are like tampons, every pu$$y needs one. OH SNAP.
They all smell like sh!t when one pulls out in front of me. Freekin Tractor's
The only thing that i can say is the ford sounds the best when you have aftermarket exhaust. The Dodge sounds like a fat man with wet azz cheeks in a restaurant bathroom.
FORD ENGINE BAYS ARE LIKE TOILETS, YOU GOTTA PUT SH!T SOMEWHERE
Quote from: 450R_Matt on December 18, 2006, 09:51:32 PM
They all smell like sh!t when one pulls out in front of me. Freekin Tractor's
The only thing that i can say is the ford sounds the best when you have aftermarket exhaust. The Dodge sounds like a fat man with wet azz cheeks in a restaurant bathroom.
GO BUY A REAL TRUCK AND THAN YOU CAN TALK
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 08:06:36 PM
Quote from: dynodon on December 18, 2006, 07:53:04 PM
EXCEPT that a stock dodge has that kind of boost
Did you not watch the video where I proved it?
Proved what??? That truck has a chip in it
The chip was put into stock mode. It performed exactly the way it would without the chip. The only reason why the screen was on was to display the gauges. Before I had the chip I had a boost gauge with absoulutly no mods and it read 37psi. It hits 37psi stock. Not proud or bragging about it, just a fact that for some reason is hard for you to believe.
Quote from: 535banshee on December 18, 2006, 09:57:04 PM
Quote from: 450R_Matt on December 18, 2006, 09:51:32 PM
They all smell like sh!t when one pulls out in front of me. Freekin Tractor's
The only thing that i can say is the ford sounds the best when you have aftermarket exhaust. The Dodge sounds like a fat man with wet azz cheeks in a restaurant bathroom.
GO BUY A REAL TRUCK AND THAN YOU CAN TALK
Why? So I can stand in all the mess you leave at the pumps? When you buy a diesel do they give you a year stock of oil dry?
I know they do at Ford. You will need lots of dry when you blow the oil line of the top of the motor. It makes a mess. Trust me the work truck (Ford 7.3) Blew it twice. Then the Trans twice.
Thats reliability at its finest right their... Ford WHOOOHOOO!
Don:
That monkey has mad dookie throwing skills!! I recently taught him how to moon walk while playing tuba. He does a kick azz tuba version of Throw the D*ck. It's off the hizzi fo shizzi!
Chillin's comments about my left turns are in refernce to the time I saved him and his family from the attack of a large rabid russian razor backed pine wood crane. The absolute most dangerous bird to ever roam the earth. But for my quick reaction and the superior handling of my truck (thanks in no small part to that sweet 4.5" Donahoe lift), the outcome would have been horredous.
.
QT314:
As you know, I don't have a stick in my truck, it's an automatic. I have no problem getting it up. I'll show you if you want!
Chillin on the other hand............ ;). Usually you have to show him pictures of a small goat or swine to get him aroused. He's a sick and demented person. But he's my friend and I got his back!! Boooyyyyyaaaaahhhh!
Git git git git it rag!
450R MATT ----------
Yeah, my dad used to have a work truck with the 7.3 and it was always in the shop.
But wait, seems your asking whys a diesel good. Well, huh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Because they just are
What do you drive Mr. Savetheworld? A hybrid? With a diesel you have the ability to pull down houses, climb mountains, run over small cars, etc....can your echo do all of that?
Oh and even if it could. You wouldnt look cool doing it because your in an echo
you ford guys are just mad because dodge puts a better motor in thier trucks! just ask the local ford dealership deisel mechanic why he quit after 23years at ford. well when my ford 7.3 was in the shop he told me because all the warrenty work on the 6.0's was killing him. couldnt make any money anymore. hell you have to pull the cab off just to get the motor out and ford only pays peanuts to do it. thats because they are losing thier a$$es on that motor.
its really bad when ford offers a 5000.00 cash back to owners of 03 power stroke if they want to trade it in.
That monkey has got to be bad AZZ fo sho !!!!!
By the way , I have seen Anoriginals truck before also. King Ranch package The TOP OF THE LINE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( NO manual trans there)
Quote from: 535banshee on December 18, 2006, 11:39:26 PM
you ford guys are just mad because dodge puts a better motor in thier trucks! just ask the local ford dealership deisel mechanic why he quit after 23years at ford. well when my ford 7.3 was in the shop he told me because all the warrenty work on the 6.0's was killing him. couldnt make any money anymore. hell you have to pull the cab off just to get the motor out and ford only pays peanuts to do it. thats because they are losing thier a$$es on that motor.
its really bad when ford offers a 5000.00 cash back to owners of 03 power stroke if they want to trade it in.
One could say the similar on Dodge.
WHY would they be offfering 13k off the sticker ???? They have to almost give them away
Quote from: dynodon on December 18, 2006, 11:44:06 PM
One could say the similar on Dodge.
WHY would they be offfering 13k off the sticker ???? They have to almost give them away
A better question would be why are Ford and GMC charging 13k extra for a product not nearly as good. 35k for a cummins, oh yeah...there giving them away
You see, 535banshee backed up his reason of getting 5k cash back on superdutys. You did not give a reason why the Dodge is cheaper. The ONLY good thing the superdutys got going for it is the King Ranch interior. Add ons like that are what make them expensive, your not paying for reliability, your paying for a nice LOOKING truck. The interior IS preety sweet though, but its hard to spend any time inside the truck when your always under the hood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navistar_VT_engine
read this
dodge is not giving that rebate, naples dodge is. they do this to raise thier numbers so they get better deals on the trucks they buy from dodge in 2007
dodge wins. period. itll tow anything else backwards
Quote from: dynodon on December 18, 2006, 11:42:00 PM
That monkey has got to be bad AZZ fo sho !!!!!
By the way , I have seen Anoriginals truck before also. King Ranch package The TOP OF THE LINE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( NO manual trans there)
i agree the king ranch is bad a$$ and i love the inside but that motor sucks balls
Who holds the official world speed record for a deisel? Dodge Cummins (actually the Powerstroke Ranger has it beat by a few mph but it was an unofficial run and wasn't able to make a second run due to weather and engine problems).
Whats the most common and popular diesel engine produced in the world beside Mercedes? Cummins.
I dont see Duramix in tractors. Nor do I see Powerstrokes in them. Sure, I know International makes Ford motors(actually I think it is now Cummins) and they are in tractors but thats totally different. I just dont see how you can argue whats better than a Cummins. It's like saying the grass aint green.
Cummins has the 7 second 1/4 mile diesel record. Ford and Chevy arent even close.
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 19, 2006, 12:28:46 AM
Who holds the official world speed record for a deisel? Dodge Cummins (actually the Powerstroke Ranger has it beat by a few mph but it was an unofficial run and wasn't able to make a second run due to weather and engine problems).
Whats the most common and popular diesel engine produced in the world beside Mercedes? Cummins.
I dont see Duramix in tractors. Nor do I see Powerstrokes in them. Sure, I know International makes Ford motors(actually I think it is now Cummins) and they are in tractors but thats totally different. I just dont see how you can argue whats better than a Cummins. It's like saying the grass aint green.
Cummins has the 7 second 1/4 mile diesel record. Ford and Chevy arent even close.
Thank you Austin. Didnt think you could speak so intelligently. Funny, I was just talking about that 7sec cummins dragster today with Dillon when we saw it in a magazine. That would be funny if Dillon talked about his boost on here.
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 12:00:55 AM
dodge is not giving that rebate, naples dodge is. they do this to raise thier numbers so they get better deals on the trucks they buy from dodge in 2007
you can go to any dodge dealer and get a 3500 four door 4x4 with a deisel for 29,000 all day long and sticker is 38,000 and yet ford stills out sells dodge i will say that cummings makes a grat motor but a dodge still sucks
Quote from: cutngrs on December 19, 2006, 02:48:14 AM
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 12:00:55 AM
dodge is not giving that rebate, naples dodge is. they do this to raise thier numbers so they get better deals on the trucks they buy from dodge in 2007
you can go to any dodge dealer and get a 3500 four door 4x4 with a deisel for 29,000 all day long and sticker is 38,000 and yet ford stills out sells dodge i will say that cummings makes a grat motor but a dodge still sucks
a 38,000 dodge with a deisel will not get much. mine is a basic slt 4x4 and it sold for 42250.00 before a 10000.00 rebate that no one else could touch. you might get that at the end of the year sale but not at the begining of a new model year. called all over the state when i got mine and the best i could find was 5500.00 off. go look for a 2007 and get 10000.00 off aint going to happen.
and you can not buy a 3500 dodge 4 door slt 4x4 for 38000.00. i just tried to buy a 06 and the sticker was 45,000. if you can get me a 3500 with all that you listed for 29,000 let me know where cause i am going to buy it
at any dodge dealer call around don got that price at more then one dealer get my parts shipped out biotch
and i said it befor if your dodges are so bad line it up and ill hand you azz any day of the week with my little old 03 6.0 :drive.gif :drive.gif :Fp :Fp :bow.gif :bow.gif :M :M
read this
http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/ram-engine.html
I'm all for a race. I have a mildly modded 2003 6.0, I'll gladly race a cummins anytime.
The Cummins motors are great.........................................................................as long as your 12valve doesn't have the loose dowel problem that wipes out the front of the motor or you dont mind changing lift pumps every 25k on you 24 valve and the 24 valve injection pumps are going out at less than 100k also, and then if you have the "53" block there is a good chance of it cracking in which case you will need a new short block$$$. The Dodge auto is great as long as you put about in it $2500.
My point is, your almighty Cummins is not without its own problems but still if I could have checked a box when I bought my truck that would have put a Cummins with a 6sp. in my Ford I would have done it in a heartbeat. That obviously is not an option so I got a 6.0 with a 6sp. and it pulls great. It aint no race truck but it get the job done.
The Duramax engine is now proven to be a great engine but I'd rather have my 6.0 with my Dana 60 front than a cheby Duramax with that car front suspension :ThumbsDown.gif
Get em chillin, breaking out the cold hard facts.....
LIKE I SAID.....FORD MAKES IT, POWERSTROKE SHAKES IT.
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 11:28:55 PM
450R MATT ----------
Yeah, my dad used to have a work truck with the 7.3 and it was always in the shop.
But wait, seems your asking whys a diesel good. Well, huh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Because they just are
What do you drive Mr. Savetheworld? A hybrid? With a diesel you have the ability to pull down houses, climb mountains, run over small cars, etc....can your echo do all of that?
Oh and even if it could. You wouldn't look cool doing it because your in an echo
Mr. save the world? Not even close. I have no need to drive a tractor or a grader. I like to here the sound a my smooth running Gasoline V8 Nissan Titan 4x4... witch stock to stock would whoop any diesel. Ford, Chevy, Dodge. Don't sing it or Ill bring it. Hell I even out run one of them Rumble Bee's on the interstate. Looks like he either shut off at 120mph or got scared when I passed him with my Honda Rubicon in the bed running about 130mph.
Quote from: 450R_Matt on December 19, 2006, 03:48:41 AM
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 11:28:55 PM
450R MATT ----------
Yeah, my dad used to have a work truck with the 7.3 and it was always in the shop.
But wait, seems your asking whys a diesel good. Well, huh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Because they just are
What do you drive Mr. Savetheworld? A hybrid? With a diesel you have the ability to pull down houses, climb mountains, run over small cars, etc....can your echo do all of that?
Oh and even if it could. You wouldn't look cool doing it because your in an echo
Mr. save the world? Not even close. I have no need to drive a tractor or a grader. I like to here the sound a my smooth running Gasoline V8 Nissan Titan 4x4... witch stock to stock would whoop any diesel. Ford, Chevy, Dodge. Don't sing it or Ill bring it. Hell I even out run one of them Rumble Bee's on the interstate. Looks like he either shut off at 120mph or got scared when I passed him with my Honda Rubicon in the bed running about 130mph.
I wouldn't trade my Ford for 10 Nissans.
I LOVE the smell of diesel in the morning.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 19, 2006, 03:56:07 AM
Quote from: 450R_Matt on December 19, 2006, 03:48:41 AM
Quote from: xr100racer on December 18, 2006, 11:28:55 PM
450R MATT ----------
Yeah, my dad used to have a work truck with the 7.3 and it was always in the shop.
But wait, seems your asking whys a diesel good. Well, huh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Because they just are
What do you drive Mr. Savetheworld? A hybrid? With a diesel you have the ability to pull down houses, climb mountains, run over small cars, etc....can your echo do all of that?
Oh and even if it could. You wouldn't look cool doing it because your in an echo
Mr. save the world? Not even close. I have no need to drive a tractor or a grader. I like to here the sound a my smooth running Gasoline V8 Nissan Titan 4x4... witch stock to stock would whoop any diesel. Ford, Chevy, Dodge. Don't sing it or Ill bring it. Hell I even out run one of them Rumble Bee's on the interstate. Looks like he either shut off at 120mph or got scared when I passed him with my Honda Rubicon in the bed running about 130mph.
I wouldn't trade my Ford for 10 Nissans.
I LOVE the smell of diesel in the morning.
I bet all the nissans I smoke out don't like the smell of it in the morning. LMAO.
You either like diesels or you are queer, there is no middle ground. You cannot be bi-fuel.
I worked on a commercial fishing boat for 2 years and had to smell that diesel sh!t for 12 hr a day all day.
I wouldn't drive a diesel if the Truck was giving to me from my mother and the fuel was free.
Their ain't no stock diesel that stays in front of me in the morning. Ya ll been hearing to much turbo wine.
Smoke,
Cant wait to here your rattle trap at C & R...Haller
looky here this is turning out to be a good topic my trucks faster yours :'( go to my webbsite www.myford/is/faster/then/your/dodge.com ;D ;D
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 03:03:41 AM
Quote from: cutngrs on December 19, 2006, 02:48:14 AM
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 12:00:55 AM
dodge is not giving that rebate, naples dodge is. they do this to raise thier numbers so they get better deals on the trucks they buy from dodge in 2007
you can go to any dodge dealer and get a 3500 four door 4x4 with a deisel for 29,000 all day long and sticker is 38,000 and yet ford stills out sells dodge i will say that cummings makes a grat motor but a dodge still sucks
a 38,000 dodge with a deisel will not get much. mine is a basic slt 4x4 and it sold for 42250.00 before a 10000.00 rebate that no one else could touch. you might get that at the end of the year sale but not at the begining of a new model year. called all over the state when i got mine and the best i could find was 5500.00 off. go look for a 2007 and get 10000.00 off aint going to happen.
and you can not buy a 3500 dodge 4 door slt 4x4 for 38000.00. i just tried to buy a 06 and the sticker was 45,000. if you can get me a 3500 with all that you listed for 29,000 let me know where cause i am going to buy it
sorry to say Jeff but if you paid that for a dodge you got it from behind. :o all Deisels sticker high but when it comes down to it they are very over priced and if you have a sales man that wants to sell a truck you would be amazed at what they will do. I paid 32,000 otd for my GMC 2500 SLT 4wd crew cab fully loaded w/ leather and all and it stickered for almost 49,000. and it's a 2006 and was bought on dec 26, 2005 so that goes out the window too. was a christmas present to myself 8) like chillen said it's not the fastest out there but gets the job done. Damn thing will pull a sh*t load of weight
Quote from: cutngrs on December 19, 2006, 04:17:15 AM
looky here this is turning out to be a good topic my trucks faster yours :'( go to my webbsite www.myford/is/faster/then/your/dodge.com ;D ;D
It shouldn't be any other way...... ;D
Try this site... mydeisesmellsliketurd.com (http://mydeisesmellsliketurd.com)
Quote from: tribal_shee on December 19, 2006, 04:19:12 AM
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 03:03:41 AM
Quote from: cutngrs on December 19, 2006, 02:48:14 AM
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 12:00:55 AM
dodge is not giving that rebate, naples dodge is. they do this to raise thier numbers so they get better deals on the trucks they buy from dodge in 2007
you can go to any dodge dealer and get a 3500 four door 4x4 with a deisel for 29,000 all day long and sticker is 38,000 and yet ford stills out sells dodge i will say that cummings makes a grat motor but a dodge still sucks
a 38,000 dodge with a deisel will not get much. mine is a basic slt 4x4 and it sold for 42250.00 before a 10000.00 rebate that no one else could touch. you might get that at the end of the year sale but not at the begining of a new model year. called all over the state when i got mine and the best i could find was 5500.00 off. go look for a 2007 and get 10000.00 off aint going to happen.
and you can not buy a 3500 dodge 4 door slt 4x4 for 38000.00. i just tried to buy a 06 and the sticker was 45,000. if you can get me a 3500 with all that you listed for 29,000 let me know where cause i am going to buy it
sorry to say Jeff but if you paid that for a dodge you got it from behind. :o all Deisels sticker high but when it comes down to it they are very over priced and if you have a sales man that wants to sell a truck you would be amazed at what they will do. I paid 32,000 otd for my GMC 2500 SLT 4wd crew cab fully loaded w/ leather and all and it stickered for almost 49,000. and it's a 2006 and was bought on dec 26, 2005 so that goes out the window too. was a christmas present to myself 8) like chillen said it's not the fastest out there but gets the job done. Damn thing will pull a sh*t load of weight
you know you are not kidding it hulls you bigazz around :L :L :L 2:L 2:L :R :R :M :M
OH SNAP....that was good right dur...coming from a large round member himself.
lupo i paid 28,000 for my truck that was over 42,000. i think that was a good deal. you have to add tax yet but still good deal. i find it hard to believe that you can get 17,ooo off a truck anywhere
Okay, so all this diesel trash talking made me appreciate my Izuzu even more. So much more that I decided to wash it last night. You cannot believe what I found under the dirt and grime!! It looked so good I actually drove it to my office this morning. Here's some pictures I just took!
Sure looks better than before! Amazing what soap and water can do!
(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/Anoriginal/truck4.jpg)
Here's a front shot. That NOS tag gave me like 40 more hp!!
(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/Anoriginal/truck1.jpg)
I even installed a new bumper sticker!!
(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/Anoriginal/truck2.jpg)
While I was at it, I even installed new tires and a lift. The old Izuzu looks great. Still the same motor though.
(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/Anoriginal/truck3.jpg)
Typical Lifted Full-size. Chrome wont get ya home.
My 2003 6.0 is not having a problem in the world. Still trouble free after 67k miles.
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 19, 2006, 04:09:02 PM
Typical Lifted Full-size. Chrome wont get ya home.
Yeah, I know. Sucks to be me huh? Me and my junky old cheap azz diesel truck. Total junk. I wish I had an older Nissan.
;)
Quote from: Anoriginal on December 19, 2006, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 19, 2006, 04:09:02 PM
Typical Lifted Full-size. Chrome wont get ya home.
Yeah, I know. Sucks to be me huh?
;)
Matt, what's it like to be hated on so much?
nice looking truck. thats what my truck needs, rims and tires
Yall are talkin about diesel racing in trucks. So I will go with the Powerstroke 6.0 or 7.3. But in real racing the baddest diesel out there is the Audi engine in the R-10 racecar.
The main novelty of the R10 is its engine: a TDI turbodiesel engine, running on Shell V-Power Diesel. It is a 5.5 L (335.6 ci) all-aluminium bi-turbo 90° V12, with common rail direct injection of more than 1600 bar (23,206 psi). Its output should be 650 hp (485 kW) (regulated) and 1100 N·m (811 ft·lbf) of torque, and its usable power band is between 3000 and 5000 rpm. Its benefits are a broad range of usable power, high torque and economy. Two Garrett turbochargers limited by the regulations to 2.94 bar (42.64 psi) absolute breathe through two 39.9 mm intake air restrictors. It uses the latest Bosch Motronic (MS14) management, provided by Bosch Motorsport, 1600 bar piezo injectors, and makes a low noise for a race car.
It will be difficult for Audi to overcome the weight of this engine. The latest Audi TDI 3.0 L V6 (183 ci) weighs 220 kg (485 lb) and the 4.2 L V8 255 kg (256.2 ci, 562 lb) but their blocks are made of CGI iron. The V12 is rumoured to weigh upwards of 200 kg,[4] Audi engineers admit that the weight per cylinder is the same as the precededing 3.6-litre FSI V8 of the Audi R8.[5] The wheelbase has been increased over the R8 to 2980 mm to account for this. This is unfavorable against the 130 kg (287 lb) of a concurrent Judd V10, and even the 180 kg of the Ricardo turbodiesel prototype based on it
(http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Audi-R10-TDI-Engine-1280x960.jpg)
i heard that motor is the sh!t! i also heard that the road cars with deisel engines will have some rule changes for next year. i guess they are whopping alot of a$$ on the track
The last 24H of Lamans was just won by a diesel, correct? I think it was Audi actually. I remember watching that race and when they did the "on-board" camera, you couldn't hear the motor. Very cool.
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 19, 2006, 11:12:49 AM
OH SNAP....that was good right dur...coming from a large round member himself.
yeh exactly :D :D :D cheetos man has alot of room to talk :o at least I'm taller than I am round unlike some people :o ??? :-*
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on December 19, 2006, 04:38:49 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on December 19, 2006, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 19, 2006, 04:09:02 PM
Typical Lifted Full-size. Chrome wont get ya home.
Yeah, I know. Sucks to be me huh?
;)
Matt, what's it like to be hated on so much?
LOL. Believe me, I find it very amusing. This site is so much fun to me. I love reading the posts, talking to friends, cecking out pictures, etc. Great time and a nice break for me from time to time during the day. I think it's too funny when people call me out, want to beat me up, make fun of my truck, etc. Doesn't matter to me. I am not trying to impress them anyway. As long as Matt (Chillin) is still my biotch, I'm satisfied.
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 04:56:20 PM
nice looking truck. thats what my truck needs, rims and tires
Thanks man. I appreciate it.
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 19, 2006, 04:09:02 PM
Typical Lifted Full-size. Chrome wont get ya home.
neither will your truck austin, and its not becuase theres chrome
Seems theres more people with a lifted superduty than a stock one.
when they ran the audi with the diesel engine the lap times went down like 5 sec a lap compared to the gas engine they had, and they refueled like 20% less WITH a smaller fuel tank. Diesel is the future
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 19, 2006, 04:09:02 PM
Typical Lifted Full-size. Chrome wont get ya home.
BUT IT WILL GET YOU L A I D.....
If it don't smoke its a joke ;D I love my diesel and will never go back to a gas engine
Quote from: MuddFreak77 on December 19, 2006, 09:37:23 PM
If it don't smoke its a joke ;D I love my diesel and will never go back to a gas engine
This from a guy that needed my little dodge to tow his arse out several times at the ranch. hahaha
black smoke out of your truck is not a good thing. fuel not buring! and yes a stock dogde puts out 36 to 37pis of boost
black smoke means the turbo has not spooled up yet to clear up the smoke. once the turbo spools up and increases the amount of air the motor consumes it starts to burn the fuel more efficient.
i don't believe it still, i am from Missouri you are gonna have to show me.
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 09:56:16 PM
black smoke out of your truck is not a good thing. fuel not burring! and yes a stock Dodge puts out 36 to 37pis of boost
i would not be so proud of all that boost a stock dodge makes even with all that boost they still don't go any where and it might make 36/37 psi of boost but it takes a year and a day to make it and stock ford only makes about 24/25 psi and stomps a dodge hell a Ford with a chip only makes about 35/37 psi but it makes it a lot quicker just give it up no matter what you have to sink a bank roll in a dodge to make it hull azz
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 09:56:16 PM
black smoke out of your truck is not a good thing. fuel not buring! and yes a stock dogde puts out 36 to 37pis of boost
what is
buring?
what is
dogde?
what is
pis?
you been hanging around troy here lately? they got a spell check button under additional options.
me so sorry i type before i think.
Quote from: cutngrs on December 19, 2006, 10:08:46 PM
Quote from: 535banshee on December 19, 2006, 09:56:16 PM
black smoke out of your truck is not a good thing. fuel not burring! and yes a stock Dodge puts out 36 to 37pis of boost
i would not be so proud of all that boost a stock dodge makes even with all that boost they still don't go any where and it might make 36/37 psi of boost but it takes a year and a day to make it and stock ford only makes about 24/25 psi and stomps a dodge hell a Ford with a chip only makes about 35/37 psi but it makes it a lot quicker just give it up no matter what you have to sink a bank roll in a dodge to make it hull azz
this must be why the biggest guy in the business "banks" went with the dodge to go for the land speed rocord. he also went with the chevy for a road racing truck with twin turbos. never really seen anything impressive from him that was a ford.
p.s. troy those pipes might take longer to get
BANKS SUCKS........
looks like Troy doesn't need pipes anymore. I guess it's just you and Chris. Kinda sucks Pres. and VP won't even have a bike to run. well you anyway, Chris has got 5 or 6 ??? time to find a different pipe man >:(
cummins black smoke
http://video.thedieselgarage.com/category/Smoke/1/e49f03d9-716c-4c75-b246-641df3fada84.htm
Cummins 5.9L and an NV5600 standard trans. Nuff said.
I've been a ford fan for 24 years. I've had f250s f350s and just this year, I wanted to trade my f250 for an f350 but chevy seem to have the better deal. out of the three. and the bad thing was ford wouldnt give me as good of a trade in value as chevy would. now im a proud owner of a 2006 3500 diesel that pulls my 38 ft raptor toy hauler very well with no chip or any thing.
Quote from: tribal_shee on December 19, 2006, 11:18:51 PM
looks like Troy doesn't need pipes anymore. I guess it's just you and Chris. Kinda sucks Pres. and VP won't even have a bike to run. well you anyway, Chris has got 5 or 6 ??? time to find a different pipe man >:(
troy has a friend that let him use a set. matt shearer called me today and told me his big bore order has been shipped finally. should have them in a few weeks. they have to be chromed so it will be 2 to 3 weeks before i get them.
i dont want to make you guys look to bad so i will have to tune some other day
i know lupo matt has not made to many friends lately, but i think his pipes work the best so i will stay with them. this was not matt but the people that stamp the pipe for him. they had taken on a project for yamaha and kinda put CPI AND SHEARER ON THE BACK BURNER. THEY ARE CAUGHT UP NOW SO HOPFULLY THING WILL BACK TO NORMALL.
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 19, 2006, 10:48:52 PM
BANKS SUCKS........
Therye over priced and they underperform (is that a word?)
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 19, 2006, 09:58:22 PM
black smoke means the turbo has not spooled up yet to clear up the smoke. once the turbo spools up and increases the amount of air the motor consumes it starts to burn the fuel more efficient.
Exactly, once that turbo spools up that smokes gone. Smoke is more fuel, less air. I hear if you wrap a towel around your intake so it can breath as well there will be mucho smoke. I wouldnt recomend it though
BANKS MIGHT BE OVER PRICE BUT HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS ALOT LONGER THAN ANY OTHER OUT THERE. HE HAS DESIGNED MOTORS FOR THE GOVERMENT AND NAVY SEAL TEAMS FOR ALONG TIME. I THINK HE PUTS HIS EFFERTS INTO RV STUFF AND MORE ON TOWING THAN ALL OUT DRAG RACING. I WOULD TRUST HIS STUFF MORE THAN ANY OTHERS BUT HIS STUFF IS OVER PRICED. I DONT KNOW IF YOU GUYS HAVE EVER SEEN HIS DYNOS AND HIS FACTORYS BUT THE BEST SH!T MONEY CAN BUY. THEY HAD A TOUR OF HIS SHOP ON SPEED CHANNEL ONE DAY AND IT WAS VERY INPRESSIVE
VERY COOL!
http://www.bankspower.com/DmaxTypeD.cfm
STOP YELLING !!!!!!! ( your caps lock is on my little piggy).
If you trust his stuff more, why is it that you have a "bullydog" ???????
If Banks is so much into pulling, why doesnt he give you tranny files when you get a chip from him? Custom tuned SCT's are the way to go. Any off the shelf chips/ programmers are a waste of money.
well hell ya! like i said cost to much! they do have a new air intake system coming out that i am going to buy. i like the fact he uses a air box with a air ram that goes under the front bumper. keeps all the engine heat out. i think it also uses like a 7'' round filter that is still 7'' at the clamp area. they don't reduce it down where the filter clamps on like some companies. after the intake system i think his billet torque converter is next
Quote from: 535banshee on December 20, 2006, 02:51:33 AM
well hell ya! like i said cost to much! they do have a new air intake system coming out that i am going to buy. i like the fact he uses a air box with a air ram that goes under the front bumper. keeps all the engine heat out. i think it also uses like a 7'' round filter that is still 7'' at the clamp area. they don't reduce it down where the filter clamps on like some companies. after the intake system i think his billet torque converter is next
Have you seen the new AFE pro guard 7 stage 2 mega intake? It's pretty nice.
you turbo inlet is not 7 inches though, so it doesn't matter. the 2 feet of 4 inch tubing will flow just as much as the 2 feet of 7 inch tubing due to the fact that the turbo inlet is only 4 inches. the only advantage to having 7 inches of tubing is when your turbo spools up it has more volume of air post filter element. One disadvantage is room in the engine compartment. banks's still sucks. overpriced and underperformed.
custom tuning is the only way to go in my opinion. like EX says any off the shelf chip/programmer is garbage in my eyes. the best air intake on the market is the AFE intake.
This topic is over rated. We can go on and on about diesels all day long. Facts are, to each his own. We are all driving diesels so that is what matters.
Buy and drive what you like. In the end, what really matters is whether or not you like what you drive and whether or not your truck performs as you like. All of the big 3 make great diesel trucks and all have their respective weaknesses. Seriously, you can only safely tow so much so fast.
Personally, I'm really happy with my truck and have no complaints. I've got friends with a Dodge that feel the same way and know Chevy guys that are equally satisfied.
All of the trucks will do anything we could want them to do, not to mention the fact that they will likely last longer than we want to keep them. So, like Smokn said, this topic is overrated. Lets argue about something more fun.
"Its not what you like, it's the consumer"
-Joe Dirt
I have had all three in the last 5 years, 2002 Dodge, 2003 Duramax, and 2005 Powerstroke and like anoriginal says they all have good and bad points.. I put 70,000 miles on the built to the max dodge and went through 2 sets of front brakes, and 1 tranny, but the front-end is great on them and it does not eat up tires.. I currently have 110,000 miles on the chevy built to the max and still on the factory brakes but 3rd set of front tires (car front end) and pulling 18,000 LB. toyhauler around for the last 3 months and 12,000LB camper before that and have had zero problems with it... The ford is probably the most comfortable to drive in my opinion and it has only got 18,000 miles on it and not one single problem at all....But when it comes down to it I still like my Chevy the most, and still like to race the pi$$ out of it too....
good to here someone else talk good about the chevys. kinda funny everyone's been talking about fords this and dodge's that and in the little poll the GM's are sneaking up the chart. thing about it is, is when you know you got a good truck you don't have to keep trying to convince people that it's good :o but there all descent just depends on what ya like. That's what makes the world go around ;) 8)
A better name for this topic is "What do you drive" because you know that 90% of the people here arent man enough to admit that there is something better then what they drive. There really is no true way to prove that one truck is better than another. I think that you will have to modify this poll in a few years to include toyota and honda. Trust me, in about 5 years Japan is going to get in on the disel market and complete their total dominace of the american car market. Just look at what they can do with a four cylander engine. Now imagine what they could extract out of a 7.3L disel engine.... You might not think that they will do it but if your toyota or someone like that and you see how much the american compaines are making in this segment then they are going to try an compete with these other manufactures. Thats when you'll see the big 3 running for cover. Anyway im getting off topic. I just want to say that whenever the foregin manufactures decide to get in on this then all of the current compaines are screwed... Just my .02.....
ya well I've had the nissan diesel and the isuzu diesel both were great little trucks but niether one of them could do what my ford does as far as being a work horse.why would a 4ft guy need a f350,f250 or a 3500,2500 chevy,dodge they would need a booster seat to see over the dash.
The Duramax engine in the Chevy's is built by Isuzu.
WOW!! Absolutely amazing how much knowledge is on this thread not to mention the bench racing. you'd almost think someone would be able to work on a diesel just by reading this. We are hiring qualified Diesel techs here at the dealership by the sound of things there are several who qualify or at least put on a great game face. ;)
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on December 21, 2006, 01:30:50 PM
WOW!! Absolutely amazing how much knowledge is on this thread not to mention the bench racing. you'd almost think someone would be able to work on a diesel just by reading this. We are hiring qualified Diesel techs here at the dealership by the sound of things there are several who qualify or at least put on a great game face. ;)
yo chuck, i don't like to get my hands dirty. just curious what is the pay? not sure if you were busting me up or not, but i did do all my own work to my truck and actually installed the complete tranny kit, so I can speak from experience on a few things. Merry christmas to you and your family.
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on December 21, 2006, 01:30:50 PM
WOW!! Absolutely amazing how much knowledge is on this thread not to mention the bench racing. you'd almost think someone would be able to work on a diesel just by reading this. We are hiring qualified Diesel techs here at the dealership by the sound of things there are several who qualify or at least put on a great game face. ;)
They are just repeating things they read on a diesel forum, lol.
Quote from: MadMudder on December 21, 2006, 06:25:22 AM
A better name for this topic is "What do you drive" because you know that 90% of the people here arent man enough to admit that there is something better then what they drive. There really is no true way to prove that one truck is better than another. I think that you will have to modify this poll in a few years to include toyota and honda. Trust me, in about 5 years Japan is going to get in on the disel market and complete their total dominace of the american car market. Just look at what they can do with a four cylander engine. Now imagine what they could extract out of a 7.3L disel engine.... You might not think that they will do it but if your toyota or someone like that and you see how much the american compaines are making in this segment then they are going to try an compete with these other manufactures. Thats when you'll see the big 3 running for cover. Anyway im getting off topic. I just want to say that whenever the foregin manufactures decide to get in on this then all of the current compaines are screwed... Just my .02.....
Toyota will have a diesel Tundra in the next year or so.
yeah i my bros friend was telling me about it. i think they had a deisel over in japan that they made for 3 years or something like that. the guy across the street has an old landrover that has a deisel. it looks like a little safari-mobile
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on December 21, 2006, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on December 21, 2006, 01:30:50 PM
WOW!! Absolutely amazing how much knowledge is on this thread not to mention the bench racing. you'd almost think someone would be able to work on a diesel just by reading this. We are hiring qualified Diesel techs here at the dealership by the sound of things there are several who qualify or at least put on a great game face. ;)
yo chuck, i don't like to get my hands dirty. just curious what is the pay? not sure if you were busting me up or not, but i did do all my own work to my truck and actually installed the complete tranny kit, so I can speak from experience on a few things. Merry christmas to you and your family.
Nah smoke not busting yer chops, I actually commend someone who will dive into it. I am serious about techs though rate of pay can vary based on experience. Lets just say that the diesel shop is not starving for work like the car shop is. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
QuoteThey are just repeating things they read on a diesel forum, lol.
Some how I think I can believe that....LOL
You smelly basturds still talking bout deisel? :o :D
Nissan is supposed to come out with a HD Titan 3/4 ton with a deisel also.
Nissan makes an extremely well designed diesel engine and has for decades. The 4.2L diesel available in the Narvara(European Frontier) is a perfect example. Good HP and Good torque for the vehicle it's in. The old KA diesel were a joke, for power, but ran forever with little to no problems. The new Titan Diesel should be a good move for Nissan.
Unfortunatly, I see it being very, very expensive. It's going to be a new motor with parts only available by dealer. It seems all Automobile manufacturers are finally begining to look at new economic fuel systems.
LET ME REPEAT THIS.
FORD MAKES IT,
POWERSTROKE SHAKES IT
I do repeat some things from a forum that I can actually justify.
I thought I would ask since there a few people who seem to know a thing or two about Fords. I have been hearing that Ford is going to start (08 maybe?) putting a 6.4 Liter version of the Powerstroke engine in it's Super Duty truck line. This is supposedly an engine that is already well proven in the Ford and International medium duty truck lines. Anyone other than me heard this rumor?
CHUCK NORRIS would be the man to ask. I am confident that he has all the top secret info on them already.
You can also go to www.thedieselstop.com and that is a forum that has information on it also.
the 6.4 will be out in Jan. it will have twin turbos along with a lot of new emissions BS. All of the big 3 have had to make a lot of changes to meet the 07 emisions. The new Cummins will be 6.7 liter.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 22, 2006, 03:52:20 AM
The new Cummins will be 6.7 liter.
All that extra cubic inches, and it's the same hp/tqe as the current model...lost power to emissions controls :'(
I think in 2007 their requiring 100% egr on all diesels, or at least a portion of the sold fleet?
Yes, the new engine for 08 in the superdutys is the 6.4. They have been talking about that for awhile, origionally it was supposed to be twin turbo but its just single.
Quote from: 94Hardbody4x4 on December 21, 2006, 10:08:17 PM
Nissan makes an extremely well designed diesel engine and has for decades. The 4.2L diesel available in the Narvara(European Frontier) is a perfect example. Good HP and Good torque for the vehicle it's in. The old KA diesel were a joke, for power, but ran forever with little to no problems. The new Titan Diesel should be a good move for Nissan.
It seems all Automobile manufacturers are finally begining to look at new economic fuel systems.
They have to meet 2007 emisions laws. '07 emmisions standards are something crazy like 120% lower. Thats why the new 6.7 cummins (which will be available in all Dodge 2500+ January 2007 and is currently available in the chassis cab) makes 350hp and 650ft lbs. Thats a 25hp/40ft lb improvment that takes an extra .8L to make. Emmisions - less power, cleaner air. Dodge, Chevy, and GM dont give a rats azz about emmisions, its costing them big. Alot of money is going into designing and producing these new engines, that extra cost will be passed down to the consumer so they lose sales, or they take the hit and dont make as much money on each new truck sold. "finally begining to look at new economic fuel systems" --- more like "forced to design more economic fuel systems.
And if Nissan made a diesel it would suck and only little girly men would drive them
woah, while I was typing 2 new posts were made. No, the new 6.4 is single turbo
Quote from: backinsaddle on December 22, 2006, 03:57:43 AM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 22, 2006, 03:52:20 AM
The new Cummins will be 6.7 liter.
All that extra cubic inches, and it's the same hp/tqe as the current model...lost power to emissions controls :'(
I think in 2007 their requiring 100% egr on all diesels, or at least a portion of the sold fleet?
The emissions thing is true, and will affect us, the consumer, right in the wallet.
I recently bought some dump trucks, and actually bought '06's even though the '07's were already coming out. The '07's are between $10,000 to $15,000 more due to the particulate containment setup and the rest of the emissions crap.
The reason I asked about the new Powerstoke is because I heard it was already a proven engine, unlike the 6.0 which was brand new when it came out and had all of the first year problems.
The 6.7 is also a proven engine. Cummins engines are tested in heavy machinery for something like at least 5 years before there ever put into a pick up. They do that so theres no "6.0" kinda situations
this is from ford the 6.4 has two turbos
http://media.ford.com/
Powerstroke® turbo-diesel is more powerful, more capable
The new 6.4-liter diesel utilizes Ford Clean Diesel Technology™ to deliver the best PowerStroke® diesel ever. The new powerplant meets the most stringent emissions standards in the world, while still increasing power and torque in an engine that is smooth and quiet.
"We had to put in this level of technology to meet emissions," said Dan Davidson, Powertrain Supervisor. "We went up in displacement to improve torque and horsepower as well. Effectively we said, 'if we're going to do a new engine to meet emissions, then let's improve performance as well.' We didn't compromise on anything."
The 6.4-liter PowerStroke® clean-diesel makes an impressive 350 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 650 foot-pounds of torque starting at 2,000 rpm while reducing particulate output by up to 97 percent and posting emissions numbers on par with gasoline engines.
A tough, cast iron block and heads provide a strong, durable foundation for making power and torque. A new cylinder head design and piston bowl design optimize the high-cylinder pressures delivered by the high-pressure fuel system. The higher pressures provide more efficient combustion equating to increased power and cleaner emissions.
The pistons mount to the forged-steel crankshaft with larger, stronger rods that feature an increased rob bearing diameter. The pistons are galley-cooled providing optimized operation and increased durability.
Two turbos are better than one
The high-tech, series sequential turbochargers provide improved response throughout the entire power band with better low-end performance. Tests have shown zero-to-60 times of more than a second faster than the outgoing 6.0-liter.
The two turbochargers work in tandem. The small, electronic-controlled, smart remote variable geometry turbocharger comes on at low rpm to provide extra boost at take-off. As rpms increase, the larger fixed turbo joins the smaller turbo to boost power through the middle of the torque curve. As optimum speed is reached, the larger turbo takes over.
The system can make up to 42 pounds of boost and is bolted to the engine with mounting brackets designed to reduce NVH. The turbos themselves have been optimized against oil coking.
I am still convinced the reason while diesel break down is they are babied. Diesels are work engines made to work, not just sit around idling. Everyone on this topic loves their diesel. Everyone on this topic drive the crap out of it and doesn't baby it. I have a 2003 6.0L(the worst of the worst) and It has 1 warranty claim. I drive mine quite hard and it runs great.
And by the way, let's not let the Duramax get out of all this. How many injectors went bad on those in the past couple years? My dad had 6quarts of diesel in his crankcase.
Hmmmm, I could have swore I read something not to long ago about the 6.4 being a single turbo. My bad then I guess. It still makes the same exact power as the single turbo Cummins. Less turbo lag but I bet the Cummins will win in a race, New 6spd Aisin trans with 4.10 gears
Quote from: xr100racer on December 22, 2006, 03:43:14 PM
Hmmmm, I could have swore I read something not to long ago about the 6.4 being a single turbo. My bad then I guess. It still makes the same exact power as the single turbo Cummins. Less turbo lag but I bet the Cummins will win in a race, New 6spd Aisin trans with 4.10 gears
my understanding on the twin turbo set up and this is pure spectulation on my part, maybe Chuck Norris can fill us in on some details. The twin turbo setup would increase spool up and reduce the turbo lag time where your emissions are at the worst. This is just MY OPINION.
yeah, thats exactly right
Quote from: xr100racer on December 22, 2006, 03:43:14 PM
Hmmmm, I could have swore I read something not to long ago about the 6.4 being a single turbo. My bad then I guess. It still makes the same exact power as the single turbo Cummins. Less turbo lag but I bet the Cummins will win in a race, New 6spd Aisin trans with 4.10 gears
Like I said twin turbos, when are you going to learn...............if I type it or say it, then it is a fact.
Quote from: xr100racer on December 22, 2006, 05:00:57 AM
The 6.7 is also a proven engine. Cummins engines are tested in heavy machinery for something like at least 5 years before there ever put into a pick up. They do that so theres no "6.0" kinda situations
The 6.7 Cummins is brand new, it has not been used in any other applications "for 5 years".
WE ARE STILL STROKIN WHILE YALL ARE CUMMIN.
last time i checked, I had a whole lot more fun stroking too.