This happened near my house and this damn sure ain't no place for an atv where this happened. There was no excuse for this. You just cannot ride on roads. It's hard to describe but this area is highly congested with car traffic. It is so devoloped now that I know of not one strip of woods he would have even ridden in.
ATV rider dies after crash with car.
A 22-year-old man was killed early Saturday when his all-terrain vehicle collided with a car on Atlantic Boulevard in Jacksonville.
Keith Jones of Jacksonville was driving his Yamaha ATV north on Indian Springs Road Crossing and began to cross Atlantic Boulevard to make a U-turn when he entered the path of a car driven by Christopher Saunders, 18, of Jacksonville.
Jones, who was wearing a helmet, died at the scene, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Saunders wasn't injured, patrol officials said. His passenger, Jacob Robins, 18, of Jacksonville, suffered minor injuries.
Thats to bad but sometimes stupid kills. :dunno.gif
I know exactly where that is,definetly a congested area.
That is a very populated and busy road. Why would anyone be driving an atv on that road. People that do that just gives these anti-atv people more ammunition and that one person gives all of us a bad immage. Most people would have enough sense not to do that anyway.....
Man that stinks! I absolutely hate hearing about things like this especially because it could have been avoided.
Sad news indeed and totally preventable.
I only wish we could take back time and have this young man realize his mistake before hand.
My prayers go out for the victim and his family ,especially now during the holidays.
I am sad to hear about people who get on ATV's and crash.. But then again, I am sad to hear that people who are drunk still get in their cars because they think they have control still.
Same concept really... So... Lets start posting every time someone crashes while DUI.
Darwinism at its finest.