ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: Yamaha72 on December 08, 2006, 02:25:56 AM

Title: Weird noise coming from front left tire area......
Post by: Yamaha72 on December 08, 2006, 02:25:56 AM
Alright so I took my raptor for a ride last weekend and come to discover that there is a funny noise coming from my front left tire area. Like a grinding, weird noise, could this be my wheel bearing???
Title: Re: Weird noise coming from front left tire area......
Post by: klutchbuster400 on December 08, 2006, 02:47:09 AM
Quote from: Yamaha72 on December 08, 2006, 02:25:56 AM
Alright so I took my raptor for a ride last weekend and come to discover that there is a funny noise coming from my front left tire area. Like a grinding, weird noise, could this be my wheel bearing???
My z did that too, but it eventually just stopped. maybe a rock is stuck in your brake rotor?
Title: Re: Weird noise coming from front left tire area......
Post by: Yamaha72 on December 08, 2006, 02:54:09 AM
That's was what I was thinking along the lines of, I am going to pull the tire tommorow to further investigate...... Hopefully its just a dumb rock...
Title: Re: Weird noise coming from front left tire area......
Post by: MPTonyT on December 08, 2006, 03:07:04 AM
the raptor os known to be the noisiest quad on the market. just a hint when you have the wheel off...... brake cleaner works wonders. i have to clean my brakes at least three times after a ride unless i remove the wheel and do a thorough cleaning.
Title: Re: Weird noise coming from front left tire area......
Post by: MadMudder on December 08, 2006, 03:10:03 AM
Yeah, its probably just a rock or possibly a bearing. I would pop off the tire and see whats going on.