My son wants one for his PS2. Does anyone have any experiece with them. Video quality on wall, brand, Good and Bad about them.
I'm sure AsphaltDragon will chime in here,,,,I love mine especially hooked to my PS2,,,,,,I know the contrast ratio is what makes a good picture,,,,good partis that it's a cheap way to get a big screen(I have a 100" diagonal screen with mine.
bad is that if you ever need to replace the bulb beware the cost.
Id@
we actually have one thats works amazing, just sits around, it's a little older but it's great, sound and picture on it are good, bad i would say is just finally finding a place to mount it, thats why we never did, also a dark room is needed :N
replacment bulbs are about $250. my buddy has one and we play xbox on it and its great. downfalls are that it has to be dark, we have to put blankets up over the windows because the blinds dont block enough light. and of course people walk in front of it and you get shot (call of duty 3 on multiplayer(greatest game ever(2 is also awsome)))
Better quality projectors work with more ambient light in the room as well as having longer bulb life. Bulbs can go from $200 to $800 depending on the unit and installation involved.
Quote from: xr100racer on December 07, 2006, 02:27:15 PM
replacment bulbs are about $250. my buddy has one and we play xbox on it and its great. downfalls are that it has to be dark, we have to put blankets up over the windows because the blinds dont block enough light. and of course people walk in front of it and you get shot (call of duty 3 on multiplayer(greatest game ever(2 is also awsome)))
Hey, you play xbox or xbox 360, me and my nephew play call of duty on xbox live just about every night (ok, every night). We both have 360's.
360, i play it at my buddys since i dont own one. we play about 3-4 days a week. his name is toobs boy i believe
I was looking at the ZoomBox. You can buy the whole unit for around $200 - $250. Anyone have this one. Here is one on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ZOOMBOX-VIDEO-PROJECTOR-HOME-THEATER-DVD-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ140060840720QQihZ004QQcategoryZ71587QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
be careful on pricing those,,,,,I saw one yesterday at Sams Club for $200.
don't know anything about them though.
Id@
thats it? we looked at one at BJs for a grand! it was hd though. made by polaroid i think.
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 07, 2006, 04:51:00 PM
be careful on pricing those,,,,,I saw one yesterday at Sams Club for $200.
don't know anything about them though.
Id@
Yea, I have seen them for less. Just wanted to see if anyone had that brand because thats the brand we were looking at. Not gonna pay $250