As some of you know, I have been working with Steve Nace for my upcoming TT track construction at Thunderbowl Speedway in Ocala. Steve is a national race promoter who promotes TT and Flat Track races for motorcycles and quads all over the country. Anyway, Steve has commited to having the flat track motorcycles that race in Daytona during Bike Week to come and race at Thunderbowl Speedway and Volusia Speedway while they're here.
During our conversation, I mentioned that we would like to come race in Daytona at the Municipal Stadium on the same days as the bikes. I was expecting to get brushed off or shot down. Quite the opposite, he was excited because he wants quads to come and race also! This is a big event with several hundred motorcycles racing, LOTS of people, TV coverage, etc.
I will get more details, such as dates and times, track length, classes, etc. He talked about us running their whole series with them from Daytona to Volusia to Ocala, but I realize that a whole week of racing would be hard to justify for most people with work, family commitments, and such (it would for me anyway). I told him we were mainly down for Daytona!
So...who wants to go to Daytona?
fudgin A
Id@
I`ll be there ! Well to watch anyway. :drink.gif ;D
I'm Down!! Looks Like i Gotta Get this motor back together ;)
Quote from: LT-R450ApK on December 05, 2006, 12:51:51 AM
I'm Down!! Looks Like i Gotta Get this motor back together ;)
Hey Scooter. you can't forget your lil fat buddy to help with the set up. I aint skeered on that little bar in the front no more. I'm goin to have a crash course this coming weekend. The old fat wiseman is coming up for the bithlo MX race.
Quote from: Quad32x on December 05, 2006, 12:45:06 AM
I`ll be there ! Well to watch anyway. :drink.gif ;D
hell yeah, you and me and ronnie, we will be the beer drinking mullet wearing mothertruckers.....LET ME KNOW....
I will bring the crown....
Sounds like a great plan to me.
I'm In 8)
hey brady isnt steve nace the man ? 8)
Brady,
Is that still a cinder or shale track, or did they finally put clay on it? It's been a long time since I've been there, just wondering..... But it sounds like a GREAT idea!!!!
Jim
I don't know. I remember it being some kind of shell rock or coquina type material also. I will get all of the info when I talk to him again.
I know the SFTL has been also talking with them about a date as well.... great minds think alike...
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on December 11, 2006, 02:20:46 AM
I know the SFTL has been also talking with them about a date as well.... great minds think alike...
Chris you must have a mouse in your pocket