The change is complete. I switched servers today to a server that has lots of storage space and lots of excess bandwidth. If you remember, on October 1 the site was shutdown due to excessive bandwidth usage. That won't happen again. Sorry the site was down for so long, but it was a hornet's nest to move. Lots and lots of files. Anyway, it's done. If you see any problems, please post them here. Due to the nature of the Internet, DNS changes can take 24-48 hours. Plus, every ISP updates their DNS at different times. In a nutshell, this just means we will slowly see people trickling in to the new site as the different DNS address propagates throughout the Internet.
Thanks.
Don't let it happen again.
Quote from: Thrumud on November 30, 2006, 08:01:01 PM
Don't let it happen again.
yeah what he said...but thats good news for us
Muchas gracias Mr. bones.......
With the site down I just had to cruise ebay more.Didn't find any deals but reminded me I have to sell some more stuff.
What a relief, I was going to go back home and go back to bed.
Judging by the amount of posts while I was down, I must reside on the back forty of the internet! LOL
I see some improvements too!
Don't feel bad. I use Earthlink cable for an ISP, and they still haven't updated their DNS so I can see the new site. I rigged up my connection so to speak so I can post here. There are 4 people on the old site as of now. They vast majority are viewing the new site. It's safe to say, Earthlink is a little lame.
And hey, the spell checker finally works!
FYI: There was also about 4 or 5 posts lost during the server switch. They were posted at about 6:00pm.
Everything was working fine for me when I first came on this morning. Now the pages are not loading correctly. There is a red x where the group ride pic (banner) is. I can see the bottom of the state of Florida and read the words in the red part Home, Forums, Where to Ride, But nothing above that. It just happened after I got out of The Good,Bad and Ugly section.
Also to the left of where your screen name shows up and your avatar is (where it shows you have messages) whatever is to the left of that on the screen is showing a red x too. It says click here then a box under it - that is what is x'd out.
Just thought I would pass this along.
Working now - just really slowly loading the pages.
That image error lasted about 2 minutes when I was changing things. Everything is loading fine for me. Must be temporary.
looks as some of the post were lost in the move..... like the one that i posted on SWAMP DONKEYS Z400 post.
It sure is flying now.
does this mean we get a new chat box?