this is another possible location for the quad rally point. remember it will need to hold 1000 vehicles for an entire saturday and be easily accessible. be specific with locations so we can research.
Orange County Convention Center? That is where they hold the auto show and usually have a big dirt test track in the parking lot packed with 1000+ cars.
I imagine the convention center would need to be booked a year or more in advance and the cost would be outrageous. I think we need more of a fair ground.
Try the fair grounds or on the UCF campus
There's also the Volusia County Fair Grounds. I know its 35 miles north of downtown Orlando, but it is right off of I-4 and I-95. It's not a huge place, but they say that the vehicle capacity is 4000. The website is http://www.volusiacountyfair.com/ (http://www.volusiacountyfair.com/) on the right click on Expo Center. I have no idea what other fair grounds charge to host an outdoor event, but this one is $5,000. They have other rates for renting out buildings, but that doesnt really help this cause, lol. They also have 102 RV/Full Hookup sites availibe for $30 a day and Water/Electric only hookups for $25. It's also completely lighted. They also have a lot of other stuff availible, but you can check out the rates on the website ;) I'm actually suprised at how much they list on the website, lots of details (always a good thing). Hope this helps :)
Quote from: SkyHighT100 on November 30, 2006, 04:21:33 AM
There's also the Volusia County Fair Grounds. I know its 35 miles north of downtown Orlando, but it is right off of I-4 and I-95. It's not a huge place, but they say that the vehicle capacity is 4000. The website is http://www.volusiacountyfair.com/ (http://www.volusiacountyfair.com/) on the right click on Expo Center. I have no idea what other fair grounds charge to host an outdoor event, but this one is $5,000. They have other rates for renting out buildings, but that doesnt really help this cause, lol. They also have 102 RV/Full Hookup sites availibe for $30 a day and Water/Electric only hookups for $25. It's also completely lighted. They also have a lot of other stuff availible, but you can check out the rates on the website ;) I'm actually suprised at how much they list on the website, lots of details (always a good thing). Hope this helps :)
great work Ash, that saves us alot of leg work ;)
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on November 30, 2006, 03:45:36 AM
Orange County Convention Center? That is where they hold the auto show and usually have a big dirt test track in the parking lot packed with 1000+ cars.
thanks Curtis, would you mind creating us some ideas for flyers? and post them up for us to see. keep in mind we need to get the date and location set in stone but you could add that later ;)
Dreth...The central florida fair gounds has pretty reasonable rates and room for 800 rv's. Their website is http://www.centralfloridafair.com/expo/maps_rates.php.
Dreth what do you want on this flyer?
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on December 01, 2006, 10:52:54 PM
Dreth what do you want on this flyer?
i was hoping that you would have some ideas :-\ quad rally, atvflorida.com, some pics, your turn ;D
Quote from: twitch on December 01, 2006, 03:09:15 AM
Dreth...The central florida fair gounds has pretty reasonable rates and room for 800 rv's. Their website is http://www.centralfloridafair.com/expo/maps_rates.php.
This place sound good
what bout orlando bass pro shop parkin lot and field they have there? then we could go shoppin too. ;D
Quote from: Thrumud on December 02, 2006, 02:54:01 AM
Quote from: twitch on December 01, 2006, 03:09:15 AM
Dreth...The central florida fair gounds has pretty reasonable rates and room for 800 rv's. Their website is http://www.centralfloridafair.com/expo/maps_rates.php.
This place sound good
The fair has plenty of parking (on grass) and several large open areas for RV's (750 Camping Spaces with Water & Limited Electric, 50 Camping Spaces with Water & Full Electric (electric hookups). If we needed a building, that is also available. There is usually a flea market on Saturday mornings (not sure if it is weekly). The Fair is also very close to Cycle Riders on Colonial. Sounds like a good possibility.
THe central FL fairgrounds sounds real good.
I agree about Central Florida Fairgrounds. Close to couple interstates
Central Florida Fairgrounds or Florida State Fairgrounds. Could we possibly do this at both locations, maybe bring out some atv dealers and vendors to this event?