i need opinions on a new 4wheeler a 2000 polaris expedition 425 4X4 4 $2500 i need to know reliability etc... good price ?
One of my friends has one and its a good quad. He had the manual shift model. I think $2500 is a little much for a stock 2000 model in good condition though. I would say more like $1800 to $2000 tops.
no polaris man. are you nuts? HONDA!!!
thats a big NO on polaris, they are very unreliable. I ride Yamaha but you can get honda, kawasaki or whatever just dont buy polaris, you will be sorry and have a lot of repairs
Minus the recent gear problem on my wifes that was the result of abuse we have had several Polaris ATVs and they were very dependable. If you want an automatic that's easy to ride for beginners " Trailblazer 250"or a sport bike that holds it's own in it's class " Scrambler 400" or a quality bike at a good price you can't go wrong. It's all in the maintenance. Weve had four and have friends that have them and we swear by them.
i find with polaris that........you either love them or hate them
Quote from: xr100racer on November 29, 2006, 07:49:51 PM
i find with polaris that........you either love them or hate them
i agree! i had 1 and had nothing but problems. i bought a honda and have yet to put it in the shop.
Exaticly, we have a polaris with just one problem. But I guess hitting a steel cable that you couldnt get your hands around at 6500 rpms would break anything. Anyway I checked the NADA value on it and its between 1900-2500. I think you should try to get him down a little bit but reliability is all in the maitnence and how you ride. If its constantly up to the headlights and performing lots of "hey watch this" things then its not going to hold up as long as it might. But polaris is a good name so try to get him down and go for it..
ell the way he rides, it will be und ter 80% of the tim. he i a hey watch this kinda person.