We headed out saturday morning (nov. 1 8) for a 40 hour drive, straight through, to the Imperial Sand Dunes, better known as Glamis, California. On the way we had 6 flats on the trailer, and were stuck at a Walmart for a couple of hours at about 2 or 3 in the morning.
We finally got there monday morning at about 7:30 am; quickly unpacked and headed out for a ride. Let me tell you, the videos and pictures you see give no justice to the place. We rode for 6 days, and had alot of fun, checked out the sand drags, Oldsmobile hill, and China Wall. We found a few decent jumps, including an approxiamately 90' jump by Oldsmobile hill. I'm about 90% sure that Jeff "Ox" Kargola was there, smacking the jump, busting out a no footed can, hart attack, and a superman seat grab indian air. We also saw Scummy, driving around in his giant Ford.
The drive back was much more pleasant, and we even stopped at a ghost town, a rest stop to climb on a few giant rocks, and on the side of the road to take pictures with a giant cactus. We got back tuesday morning at 5:30 am, and finally got a good nights sleep.
For pics check out:
http://www.quadsonlyrevolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11
Sweet pics!
Man that looks like fun. I hope to do that one day.
Glamis looks awesome nice pics except the full moon.
Nice pics, I would like to go out west some time.
LOOKS LIKE FUN ;)
awesome pics. One day I will make it out there
definetely worth the ride, but maybe not every year ;)
I don't see Paul in any pics!!
Nice pics ;)
I am so freakin jealous,,,,,,maybe one of these days when I get my Class A license I'll rent a semi to haul a bunch of people out there.
Id@
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 04, 2006, 12:07:27 PM
I am so freakin jealous,,,,,,maybe one of these days when I get my Class A license I'll rent a semi to haul a bunch of people out there.
Id@
I got the transportation thing covered. a buddy of mine hauls cross country for a living. He is all up for that trip when we put it together
Quote from: Chuck_Norris on December 08, 2006, 08:05:24 AM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on December 04, 2006, 12:07:27 PM
I am so freakin jealous,,,,,,maybe one of these days when I get my Class A license I'll rent a semi to haul a bunch of people out there.
Id@
I got the transportation thing covered. a buddy of mine hauls cross country for a living. He is all up for that trip when we put it together
I could team up, get there faster ;-)
Id@
nice pics
I miss Glamis so much! I was born and raised in San Diego so when I was a kid my family used to goto Glamis almost every weekend. I have so many memories of that place it isn't even funny. My Uncle and a few of my cousins all just bought some atv's a few months ago and have been going back at least once a month. If I get the opportunity, I am going to try and make a trip sometime in 07'.