Here's some pics of my Sportsman so far. I finally got done making the last piece of my lift (back shock drop bar). Its about 75% done. I still have to fab up aluminum fenders and CV guards, and mount my winch up front. There's a few other things to do but I thought id post some pics now that its ridable.
Also the bike will be painted to match my work trailer within the next month or so. (http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,19587.0.html)
Tell me whatcha think so far..
(http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/bugmanjr/PICT0092Small.jpg)
(http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/bugmanjr/PICT0095Small.jpg)
(http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/bugmanjr/PICT0096Small.jpg)
(http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/bugmanjr/PICT0097Small.jpg)
(http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/bugmanjr/PICT0099Small.jpg)
that looks insane!!!!!! :ThumbsUp.gif nice ride....
Holly broken cv joints Batman!!!
lol
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on November 25, 2006, 08:30:02 PM
Holly broken cv joints Batman!!!
i was thinking the same thing :o
QuoteHolly broken cv joints Batman!!!
I third that. but looks cool
what size are those tires?
I dont see the word Gorilla on those axles who made them? Looks sweet !!!!
Looks sweet but it also looks top heavy and those CVs looks like they are gonna break pretty easy. Who manufactured everything for you.
Quote from: xr100racer on November 26, 2006, 12:00:07 AM
what size are those tires?
looks like it says 29.5 Outlaws.
that is a sweet bike, but i also gotta know, how long you expect the joints to last?
that bike is insane,nice job!!
Looks really good~
Wow. That is one hell of a ride. Nice.
I'd sure like to be there when that hits the mud!
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on November 25, 2006, 08:30:02 PM
Holly broken cv joints Batman!!!
I was thinking the same thing...
thats cool ,you should put dual wheels all around for stability.like the one on the beginning of fishers atv.
looks cool.. but!!!
you better get online and get yourself a few extra cv joints because they will not hold up even for a day of mudding....
a friend has one and everytime we go out one breaks,,,
and it will not do any kind of speed,, one day my friend was on the road and doing about 30 and one split and went flying
everywhere and bent one of the a arms
Man that thing looks sick. I dont think you will have any trouble keeping the air box dry.
WOW!! Looks like it would be great at driving over buckets ;D
That looks nice :ThumbsUp.gif. Nice fab you might be the next ODB. If you watch the throttle you should be good on axles. what degree are the axles at? I am hoping to get a 10" lift within a year for mine.
ohh yea whats the GC at now?
They are 29.5" outlaws on 06 Sportsman 800 wheels. As Far as stability goes Its really stable to my surprise. The A-Arms are about 4 foot long so there ya go. This lift was actually built by a man named Scott Mishell. It was sent to me and 75% of it was lost in the Sorry Ass UPS system. Were talking 4 foot A-Arms shocks etc. LOST???? anyway Ive spent about 3 months Fabing the whole lift over again with my Mig and some stock.. They are Chromoly Gorilla axle's. Axle's will be fine there well within the specs on there build. The axle's where built for Comp. Mudding by Team Gorilla I believe for HighLifter..
Anyway Im excited to get it finished and see what it will do.. Now I need to get a Rhino or Ranger etc. for trail riding.. ;)
bUg
Need to get a drop hitch I dont think the old one is going to work well. ;)
That is one mean looking machine.
Thanks ya I tried pullling my boat and stuck the prop in the ditch :~
DANG! Got nosebleeds? :D
why? no fun if you cant have fun with out breaking it, looks cool tho, definately intresting, wanna race my shee? lol
Why does everyone say its no good, its gonna break, Its gonna tip over, too Top Heavy..??
I have ran the hell out of the dang thing. It runs Hotter Than A Freshly F*cked Fox In A Forest Fire!!!
75% of the posts say something negative before positive, WTH, its designed for the way it sets.
snowmanzz13, Come to L-Cross News Years Eve and Ill park my sh*t right on top your tweaker bike. ;)
Giddy Up!
bUg
lol, i wasn't trying to say anything negative or anything, i think it looks fragile being stuck way up there and the angles seem ridicoulus on the joints, but if it works then no problem
BUG Dude,
Nobody respecte the sweat you got into it. It looks sweet and I hope it runs well for you. For all the other sorry comments , its slackers like you who play video games all day and the ones who think out of the box that do well in life!
"Very nice,..... High five " Take some pics of that beast in action at L-cross cant wait to see what it will do 8)
ooohhhh ooohhhhh i want one i want one...... that thing is awesome...... ill give you 10 mins with the old lady if you let me ride it...... j/p good job...... :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
Now that i say that, ill prolly get to L-Cross and throw a axle - :-\ haha
MPTonyT,
LOL omg - Got some pics of her? ;) dont let here see that lol!!
bUg
are the axles and cv's made by gorilla?
Quote from: bugmanjr on November 27, 2006, 03:07:58 AM
They are Chromoly Gorilla axle's. Axle's will be fine there well within the specs on there build. The axle's where built for Comp. Mudding by Team Gorilla I believe for HighLifter.
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on November 29, 2006, 12:49:58 AM
are the axles and cv's made by gorilla?
sorry should have read it better... I was going to say the cv's should be good if they were gorilla they are designed for sharp angles
Yes and Yes...
bUg
Quote from: MPTonyT on November 28, 2006, 10:07:39 PM
ooohhhh ooohhhhh i want one i want one...... that thing is awesome...... ill give you 10 mins with the old lady if you let me ride it...... j/p good job...... :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
post some pics I will try and build one too :o
Great job on the fabrication!
Quote from: bugmanjr on November 28, 2006, 09:03:46 PM
Why does everyone say its no good, its gonna break, Its gonna tip over, too Top Heavy..??
I have ran the hell out of the dang thing. It runs Hotter Than A Freshly F*cked Fox In A Forest Fire!!!
75% of the posts say something negative before positive, WTH, its designed for the way it sets.
snowmanzz13, Come to L-Cross News Years Eve and Ill park my sh*t right on top your tweaker bike. ;)
Giddy Up!
bUg
i dont think anyone was being negative towards you, we just all thought that the cv angle was extreme from our experience. thought you should know so you could check it out before you broke them.
Nice!
bugmanjr, looks good even if it is a polaris. ;) Thing you have to keep in mind on this board is that most members are sport riders so they don't know about extreme lifts. They also don't know about Gorilla axles and how they are designed to handle some crazy angles. They all think you should be able to jump hills and take corners at 40 MPH.
Bill
here are some pics.....
(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/mptonyt/moms/leah.jpg)
(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/mptonyt/moms/P1000502.jpg)
(http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/mptonyt/moms/P1000505.jpg)
she would be so pissed..... aaaahhhhhhh if she only knew.....
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on November 25, 2006, 08:30:02 PM
Holly broken cv joints Batman!!!
I would have to agree, the angle on the joints is extreme. Looks nice though
MPTonyT
Giddy Up... ;)
Nice work, can't wait to see some action pics. I'm jealous. But I have to be curious what happens if you want to ride trails?
Ride trails? Ya right lol.. Id better bring a chainsaw
:) :) :) Looks nice and like alot of time was put into it
you would be right..
Thats fresh, looks almost like sum stuff a Ive seen from gauge, and exhaust would be nice to go with you hi flow intake.
I got some Semi Stack im welding to the end of the Mufler tube..
Im looking for a good price on a 800 Primary Clutch as well.. Then I think ill be done; for awhile anyhow..