Havent been riding in a while. Went to Durhamtown Plantation with my son about 2 weeks ago. What a great place to ride! Anyway I ride a completely stock 03' Yamaha Warrior. At the beginning of the trip the carb would make a popping noise every once in a while. By the end of the trip it was popping alot more. The popping would only happen at idle or going slow. If I didn't keep the throttle revved up the bike would shut off when it popped. Other than that the bike ran great.Gas was fresh high octane.I'm no super mechanic but I think with some direction I can fix this problem. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks Steve
well since u said u hadnt rode in a while your carb might just need a good cleanin, take it apart and make sure everything is clean, just make sure that u dont get the jets mixed up(only take one out at a time), mostlikly its a lean pop from not getting enough fuel because the carb is dirty from sitting
Yes it was still popping when I started it up back here at home. I've owned it for about a year now. I probably do need to clean the carb.
well if u have let it sit for a month or so, u could of easily gotten varnish in your bowl and jets which is clogging them some and makin it run a lil lean
Check you parking brake switch if you still have it. A rev limiter turn on if the bike things your parking brake is on.
Also check the carb to head and air box to carb boot; possible intake leak.
You also may want to check the intake between the carb and the head. On 2 differant occasions i have
had to replace them. They can blow a whole(crack) and you lose all kinds of power not to mention you will be sucking sand and water etc etc.. directly into the engine.....
Found the problem.It was the rubber boot between the carb and the cylinder intake.The boot had 2 good size cracks in it. Hopefully
nothing got into the engine.Thanks to everyone for the help. Steve