I was thinking of buying a Rhino. Are they allowed on the new trail system?
Thanks :)
Everywhere but the atv & motorcycle trails only. I own one, and I love it.
I was just doing a little more reading and saw that you drive one Grizzley. How many trails are there that are not marked atv only? Is there alot?
Currently over 100 miles, and phase II is another 97
So Rhinos are not allowed on the atv trail system?
Quote from: GrizzlyBear on November 03, 2006, 11:07:39 AM
Everywhere but the atv & motorcycle trails only. I own one, and I love it.
Only a small section of the trails are NOT rhino friendly
I have a Kawasaki mule 610. are the UTV trails decent or are they just straight, flat roads????
Can anyone offer some clarification on this? Heading to ONF with a few Rhinos and ATVs and was checking out the rules: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/florida/local-resources/images/maps/oca/OCAOHV2pgBrochureOct2006.pdf
The OHV brochure for ONF states:
"What are the equipment, registration, and license requirements
on the OHV trails?
No vehicle can exceed an overall width of 50 inches. "
Yamaha's site specs on the Rhino:
"L x W x H 113.6" x 54.5" x 73.0""
The Forest Service is not enforcing any restriction on Rhino's. They are becoming a major form of recreation, and as the State has not classification for them, they are allowing them.
Do you have to have a sticker on the Rhinos. I went to get a sticker for mine and after getting the run around, sent back to the dealer then back to the DMV, was told no sticker would be issued because Rhinos and such do not get titles. Although a friend received a sticker through the dealer when they bought theirs. If I use my Rhino in the forrest will I be ticketed for no sticker? :banghead.gif
I would love to know if any one knows what the fine is if you do not have a sticker
on your quad,in the ONF? Can some one find out and make a post.,PLEAZZZE!!!!
No stickers are required for Rhino's as most of the State offices will not title them. Those that are titling them are because dealers are just registraring them as Yamaha atv's