I bought this a few months ago and could not go get it until this past week. Yamaha only made a hand full of theses Pro Haulers in 1989. This one has been garage kept and preserved in wonderful condition. It even has the original spark plug. This thing is slow, but it will pull hell off the hinges. Even though it is only two wheel drive it was still able to conquer some pretty serious inclines and rock formations on my family's farm in Tennessee while we were visiting. I hope you all enjoy the photographs.
Here is another photo.
Very cool!
Man you sure don't play around, that is one hell of a strap in that first picture. [smiley=bow.gif]
Mike
QuoteVery cool!
Man you sure don't play around, that is one hell of a strap in that first picture. [smiley=bow.gif]
Mike
Your damn right. I spent way too much time looking for one these. I was nto about to allow it to come off the trailer on the way home. You should have seen how I had the other two secured. [smiley=Tongue.gif]
Very cool, That thing looks like a work horse.
WTF...lol
I was in the middle of posting when you moved it and it said the thread was closed...lol
*Post*
I can only imagine...lol
Mike
mod...how come everytime I come to this page a MSN pop-up window comes up?
mike
QuoteVery cool, That thing looks like a work horse.
This thing is no joke. It may be slow, but I will pull a house. The bad side is it is not real good for pleasure riding. I am going to raise it up a nd put bigger tires on it. I hope that will help with the lack of speed.
looks like in good shape never new yah ever made that
Quotelooks like in good shape never new yah ever made that
It is in wonderful shape. All I have to do is claen off the GA. clay and give it a good tune up and oil change.
Well I'm sure I have never seen quad like that, what motor is in there, looks like a nice bike to keep
QuoteWell I'm sure I have never seen quad like that, what motor is in there, looks like a nice bike to keep
It has a 230CC engine. That is the only thing Yamaha used that engine in. It has low and high wich means ten forward gears and two reverse.
Quotemod...how come everytime I come to this page a MSN pop-up window comes up?
mike
I don't know but it's happening to me also
Mike, My firewall warn me before it pops up? virus or worm attached to picture?
It is nice to see different Quads. Nice ride man.
I remember that bike, if im not mistaken they came out about the same time the bayou did. My neighbor had one. Evidently yamaha was way ahead of their time.
Your right bout that. I do not know why they only made this the one year. I can see some things that should have been improved, but for the most part it is a damn fine machine.
wow, that brings back memories....my uncle had one at his farm back in the day ;D . You are right they are extremely slow but very powerful. I belive they came with a locking rear diff and other neat options for the time. Nice find!
restore it and leave it alone. those bike will be worth some money to collectors in 50 years. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
-mokas-
I agree. Except there is nothing to restore. This thing is in near perfect condition.
true, give her a detail then theres some dirt under the fenders. :-* jk,jk
-mokas-
I am going to go through and give her a good lceaning and freshning up. I have to be careful though. I do not want to get it so clean I am affraid to get it dirty again. ;)
Well this is the first of many posts I hope to have on this site. I just got my first atv last week(2005 Vinson Limited) and my brother also got the same one. During my research of atv's before we bought ours I found this website and thought it was a neat ATV, and then when I saw this post I figured I should give you the link, its from yamaha's website
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/atv/epic/1989_prohauler_small.html
EDIT: Also be sure and check out the rest of the "EPIC" atv's
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/atv/epic/epic_home.html
That is pretty cool isn't it? That is the sight I first saw the pro Hauler on. After that finding information was not easy. I have a pretty good colection so far.I am now trying to add a Terro Pro to the ranks.