My son is 14 and rides a YFZ450 and was racing a Sand Mountain until they shut it down. Now that they are nort going to re-open does anyone know of any type of racing a 14 year old boy can do on a YFZ450? for his age everyone only wants himm on a up too 250cc bike. let me know if you know of any.
thanks
pretty much only local tracks like dade bartow ect. but no events like SSQSA or FTR
Well, My suggestion is to buy a 250R and come race some flattrack with us... ;)
You could just keep the 450 and come race flat track with us.
so a 14 year old can race a 450 at dade or bartow? where can i find this out for sure?
Here is the link to Dade City...... Call them.
http://www.dadecitymx.com/
He can sand drag with us at the new track down by Lake Placid, providing that he
does have skills, and can control the bike!
Quote from: 2qk4u on October 30, 2006, 02:37:36 PM
so a 14 year old can race a 450 at dade or bartow? where can i find this out for sure?
It's a sure thing. there are a couple 14yr olds there on 450's. And several 15yr olds.
You should bring him to Ocala and try out the Flat Track. Everyone who tries it loves it. There are several kids his age on 450's that race. I'll even loan him some tires to try it.
A 14 yr old can definitely race @ DADE CITY w/a 450 maybe even younger they never check.
I know because my son has & does race there.They will however check your kill switch and randomly check for spark arrestor's.
Quote from: fastrnrik on October 30, 2006, 11:31:29 PM
You should bring him to Ocala and try out the Flat Track. Everyone who tries it loves it. There are several kids his age on 450's that race. I'll even loan him some tires to try it.
You cant beat that deal !!!!, these guys are really great peaple to race with!!
where is the closest flat track for atvs at ? im in homestead fl(nere the keys) and would like to try some thing difrent ?
I personally don't know of any in your area. I've heard mixed reports of one in the Clewiston area, but I don't know for sure if that's correct.
oh ok thanks
Quote from: yfz450kid on October 31, 2006, 03:42:29 AM
oh ok thanks
countyline is alot like a flact track ::)
he can always race at seminole, I have a friend whos 12 and races a 450r.
I thought the law prohibited any child uder 16 to ride anything, anywhere over 110cc? I have been known to be wrong before, but I know they passed a law just recently.
its not a law yet.you can race any mx race. as long as it is not an ama or nqra sanctioned race we have been doing it for three years. my son just turned 16 so we are able to race anywhere now
You can also race at Pax Trax. There is no age limit and it is a pretty nice track (well groomed), and there are a couple of 14 to 15 year olds that race. There was just a 4 race series that ended on the 28th, but there is suposed to be another 4 race series comming up in November. Hope to see you out there.
The web site is: paxtraxmx.com
flat track is a good idea. seems that the younger guys on the 450s makes for great competition.
[attachment deleted by admin]
Your son cannot race at Seminole. This comes directly from their website:
"Please be aware that a quad 110cc or more, the rider must be at least 16 years old. We are sorry for any inconvenience, but this is not our rule. This should have been stated when you purchased it."
I don't know how seriously they enforce it, but be forewarned.
im planning on going to Dade this saturday night and was wanting to know what time racing starts. going to just check it out and watch to see if if my son would like it. thanks