Last weekend I saw a pop up camper/ ATV hauler at C&R Motorsports park. It was yellow and black, I believe. If anyone knows the make of this and a dealer, please respond. I am interested in buying one.
Its a Fleetwood Scorpion. www.fleetwoodrv.com
that scorpion is way overpriced!!! i check them out before. ???
not to cause a any problems or debate here, I think the scorpin is one heck of a deal for the money. I have been pricing toy haulers for some time now, and there are to many that come as nicely equiped as these for $12-14,000 price range. Plus the added fact that you can easily haul four full sized quads or two rhino's with ease, plus a dirt bike or two on the front storage area. My only complaint with them would be not having a flush type toliet with a holding tank.
To me overall, for the money and with just a little work on the owners part, they can have one heck of a rig with very little money compaired to the $20,000 price range of most others that will give you the same as this unit will.
And yes, as of right now, I am planning on buying one unless I find something of equal ability, functionability,and price.
i looked at them also and found them to be way overpriced compared to other haulers. the ones I looked at were all around 15-16K they did not have large holding tanks, tv's, generators, flush toilets, large standup showers, a/c. You can find a used toy hauler for around the same price with all these features. I just couldn't justify spending that much and esentially being in a tent that is open to the outdoors.
another unit that is a good price is the keystone hobbi. doesnt come with a gen but you can get one for it and is very nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-KEYSTONE-HOBBI-HB260-TRAVEL-TRAILER-TOY-HAULER-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50063QQihZ016QQitemZ260041303448QQrdZ1
Whether or not it means anything or not, safe yourself the headache and do it right the 1st time around.
If money is a big concern you can always make your own trailer similar to the scorpion. We had a member on here that had a large dovetail deckover trailer and put an 8' popup sideways on the front and then loaded the quads behind it.
i also checked the hobbi and it was a very nice rig but my only problem was the back door was too narrow to fit race quads :'( other than that the trailer was sweet. now when its time to get another one my choice would be a raptor like bigscrub15;D