I just bought a used YFZ last weekend, and I rode today.
There's like this black fluid coming out from under the bike. It's not gas, but I don't know what it is.
And after about an hour of riding..it started to make a loud metal on metal grinding sound from inside where I think the motor is. It was like "Screeeeeeeeeeeeech, Screeeeeeeeech, Screeeeeeech" and when I shift gears it sounds like someone is beating on a trash can, and it also smells like something is burning.
Is this standard with the Yamahas, or is this potentially a problem.
I've got a call out to the guy who I bought it from but it says his phone has been disconnected.
Has anyone ever had this happen to them before?
And will it hurt it if I continue to ride it.
No, its not normal and the only black fluid in your motor is oil. If your oil is coming out then thats not good. It will make the noises you described with no oil in the motor and then it will cost you $$$$$.
If the guys phone is disconnected it sounds like you have been had.did you not take it for a long spin before you paid for it?
Quote from: ATF450 on October 20, 2006, 12:48:21 AM
If the guys phone is disconnected it sounds like you have been had.did you not take it for a long spin before you paid for it?
No, the guy was in a real big hurry to get back home. I hope he'll send me his new number when he sends me the title.
So, it's OK to still ride, yes? I mean, it won't damage it anymore, right?
Is there a place to check for the oil? I took the plastic off the front to check under the little hood thing, but I didn't see anything that remotely looked like a dipstick.
Dude, i hope your just trying to be funny. ???
The oil's not in the front.
To check the oil, you're gonna need a flash light.
Go to the rear of the quad and on the right side (if you're facing foward) you'll see a pipe that attaches to the engine. There should be a hole in the end of that pipe. Get down on your knees, and shine the flashlight in the pipe...see if you see any oil. It should be a little glass bubble looking thing with the markings F which is for Full and E which is for Empty.
Captain, to check the oil level in your bike the first and most important step is to remove your head from your rectum.
I have a copy of the YFZ service manual on CD PM me your address and I will send it to you in order that you might learn about the quad you own
Perhaps he can roll up the manual and insert it where his head was.
Let me get this right... You bought a bike and didn't test it b/f you rode it, the guy took your money and didn't give you a title for it, now that you're riding the bike it's a POS! Sounds to me like you've been played. Hope that bike's not stolen and it seems that it needs a motor rebuild (Top and bottom).
Quote from: Ride1Rob on October 20, 2006, 12:47:30 PM
Let me get this right... You bought a bike and didn't test it b/f you rode it, the guy took your money and didn't give you a title for it, now that you're riding the bike it's a POS! Sounds to me like you've been played. Hope that bike's not stolen and it seems that it needs a motor rebuild (Top and bottom).
I asked the guy if it was stolen..he said "NO". I'm not a complete moron. I checked.
But other than that, I got a pretty good deal on it. I only paid $4,700.00 for it. The guy told me that was a great price for it.
OMG. I cannot belive that you guys are taking this seriously.... ???
Quote from: MadMudder on October 20, 2006, 05:52:04 PM
OMG. I cannot belive that you guys are taking this seriously.... ???
LMAO you are right on the money. Captain what does he win?
Quote from: QT314 on October 20, 2006, 06:04:52 PM
LMAO you are right on the money. Captain what does he win?
Captin I think he deserves one of your Midget Spanking Monkeys ;) ;)
No thanks.... :o