I'm fixing to insure both of my 4-wheelers. Unfortunately, Allstate (where I have my car insurance) doesn't insure ATVs. I've done a Google search and have come up with quite a few companies that insure quads. I'm trying to find the best so I want to ask who do you have your quads insured with and why?
I'm with Progressive. I had my street bike w/ them years ago. Also, I didn't know anyone else who insured ATV's.
I have too much money invested in mine not to insure them, lol. I just did a quote with Progressive and I think something got screwed up somewhere... $200 a month to insure 2 quads?? My insurance on my truck isn't even $400 for 6 months, lol.
yeah, sounds like ya messed something up. maybe thats was your 6 month total?
I know a few insurance agents within the league if ya need some advise... ;)
I sure hope I messed something up cause that was crazy, lol.. they wanted $177.96 a month/$1953.00 per year.. bassturds ;)
Quote from: SkyHighT100 on October 18, 2006, 01:13:57 PM
I sure hope I messed something up cause that was crazy, lol.. they wanted $177.96 a month/$1953.00 per year.. bassturds ;)
Hi, please let me know the best deal you end up with, I really should insure mine too.
Here is my agent in Ocala, Jerry Cantrell 352-369-1919 He rides atv's , was on our ride Sept 28th. He also volunteers for the Marion County Rescue Squad. Tell him I gave you his name
Terry of ONFA
I have mine insured through statefarm..along with my truck
i use progressive drive insurance. its 300 a year and it covers my quad and all aftermarket parts. i have used it once(detroyed my last 450 at pax) and i got a check just 1 week after i wrecked. hope this helps...
we are with progessive also. $110/month for 3 utes, but its that expensive because they are in my name and I am only 22. its $100/month for 2 06 Zuki LT-R450's in Josh's name so the sport quads are definitely more.
I found an agent through the place we got our ATV from.
You can call a few of the dealerships and ask them for Insurance agent names.
This is who we use: Lowi Insurance - Contact is Jeff Lowi 813-907-3409 or toll free at 866-398-3352.
They are really good people - we did everything over the phone and fax and I never had to go to Tampa to meet them.
He has different options: Ours is $340 a year at $85.00 a month for 4 months, however if you have a checking account he has different options. It was a major difference in down payment (with checking account) and monthly payments.
Here is his web-site you can do a quote on there. We did it all on the phone
http://www.lowiinsurance.com/id55.html
My car is aslo with allstate and they refered me to progresive drive ins. 200.00 per year for two quads 04 and 05. ;D
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on October 18, 2006, 01:47:43 PM
we are with progessive also. $110/month for 3 utes, but its that expensive because they are in my name and I am only 22. its $100/month for 2 06 Zuki LT-R450's in Josh's name so the sport quads are definitely more.
Yes the sport quads are more, but it also depends on where you tell them you store them too. It depends on what you tell them you use it for, how much coverage you want and depends on how high/low of a deductable you want.
Age should not matter as it is a recreational coverage policy not an auto policy. Is that who you use to insure your vehicle?
I would double check with them about the age thing..
trust me.... age matters, as does credit (in most cases), zip code, driving history (yes this appys to atvs too). Pretty much anything that would apply to an auto policy will apply to a ATV policy.
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 18, 2006, 02:07:49 PM
trust me.... age matters, as does credit (in most cases), zip code, driving history (yes this appys to atvs too). Pretty much anything that would apply to an auto policy will apply to a ATV policy.
Interesting..I was never informed of any of that :-\
I do not have a good driving record I have 8 points on my license (that never came up) I do not have good credit (never came up). I will have to ask about that next time. Thanks for the info.
I pay $274 a year for my 2004 TRX450R. That includes the value of the quad and $5000 for aftermarket parts.
JERRY CANTRELL he's the guitar player for alice in chains.and he sells insurance to??thats wierd LOL
PROGESSIVE FOR MINE IS $30 A MONTH/$300 A YEAR NOT BAD FOR A BRAND NEW QUAD.HONDA 300EX
AND THATS WITH $1000 TO COVER THE TRAILER TO
www.atv-line.com
you can get an online quote
2006 Rincon with aftermarket parts $10,000 coverage 50,000 liability $500. deductible $280. a year state farm
I went through Jeff Lowi and he provided me with a progressive policy on my 2006 450r and its 172.00 per year if paid up front in full and that includes 2000.00 in ad ons .credit score plays a big role in how good a price you get on insurance.
we have my DS, and the stock banshee with progressive. Its only 200.00 for the
year for both, and it also covers medical, theft and accidents.
you must have messed it up some how!?!?!?
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!
While putting away my bike today in the garage I noticed a couple of guys in a truck driving around back and forth looking really suspicious. Made me a little nervous cuz they slowed down a couple of time to check out what I had in the garage. I took their license plate # down and when I got inside I started looking up ATV insurance. The best quote I got was from Geico Ins. (who I also have for my car insurance) Comp. $219.69 a year ($500 Deductible) and that includes my trailer. They said that after I've owed the bike for more than a year I could get a better rate. I'm in the South Florida Area is this the average rate or could I do better? Anyone in South Florida own a 05 TRX450r with a better rate?
05 TRX450r
Rate $219.69 (a year)
Bodily Injury Liability 10,000/20,000
Property Damage Liability 10,000
Comprehensive Deductible $500
Includes Coverage on Trailer
I went through Gieco for my rancher and rubi was 500.00 for the year for both now i only have the rubi and it should go down
Mine is through Geico on a 05 400ex. Somewhere around $120 a year, covers $500 in add ons and I declined the uninsured coverage since I have health insurance. Dropping the uninsured saved me like $75 to $80 I think.
I called Geico to clear some things concerning my insurance and I got a different story this time. I was told that my Trailer would not be covered unless it was a trailer that i was pulling with my ATV. And that Geico does not cover accessories on ATVs only on street bikes. I am going to call back tomorrow and see what the next agent says. I was going over the policy on the web site and it is not clear on what is covered.