i rode out to holeylands this afternoon after the rains. rode around for a bit. in the parking area and throughout the trails around it is trash littered everywhere. i picked up at least 60 water bottles in the parking area alone and there was still a shitload laying around. im new to the sprot and if this is one of the few spots left to ride in the west palm/broward area dont you guys think we should keep it clean?
not to mention that this trash affects the wildlife in this area.
You're preaching to the choir, worms. I think everyone here would agree with you 100%. Glad to hear that you feel the same way as the rest of us.
yeah yeah...i figured that.........we should plan a cleanup or some sh*t
i even saw used rubbers out there....scummy ass people...
lol. well that what all the drunks go out there and do. im suprised there is water bottles out there i would think they were beer bottles. hmm.
Hey Worms ! A big thanks to you for picking up after somebody else.
Quote from: worms on October 13, 2006, 02:46:33 AM
i even saw used rubbers out there....scummy ass people...
Were they EXTRA EXTRA SMALL? Because Fox17 was out there, and I'll talk to him about that if they were.
i never been there. i believe rico was the day b4 you were there though. him and his monkey use the same size.
I think you're a racist for suggesting that we leave trash around down here! LOL
Eeeeeuuuuuu How could you tell they were used?
Quote from: banana-man on October 17, 2006, 01:03:54 AM
Eeeeeuuuuuu How could you tell they were used?
unrolled
plus they tasted a little salty
Worms, you did a good thing by picking up the trash, thanks. As for the salty taste part, you will now be known on here as the guy who knows how used rubbers taste. ???
We'll be bringing a few garbage bags next time we go. Our TBX has been wanting to feel a load in the box again.. Might be cool to do another clean-up ride when it gets a little drier so the sports can ride with us. Any word on if the south-side is out of hunting season yet so we can go riding? Hopefully I can get my tires on within the next few days, wonder how hard it is to get the bead set on a 26" Mud tire..
Heads up ! Members from South Florida, atvmiaxtreme and a few of us from Ft Myers are planning a HUGE clean up ride at Holey Land this Feb. So if you want to join us just say so. About the condoms maybe we can use them as garbage bags, hey recycle.
Who's up for a clean up ride ??????????????
Count me in for the clean up ride. I think it will be a great opportunity to give something back to the environment and meet some new people from the site.
Last time I was there FWC said that trash is the biggest problem. If the trash doesn't stop, Holey Land will be a thing of the past.
Quote from: Sleazy_Rider78 on October 20, 2006, 01:02:56 AM
Count me in for the clean up ride. I think it will be a great opportunity to give something back to the environment and meet some new people from the site.
How you gonna clean up on that dirt bike? When you gonna get a quad and come play w/ us again? It'll help ya on these clean up rides.
How huge? I might be in.
I'll have the training wheels on the dirt bike for the clean up ride. That should make things a bit easier.
im in.......
Quote from: MachineDog on October 20, 2006, 01:16:51 AM
How huge? I might be in.
Our fellow riders in Miami will be promoting it down south, local media like the Miami Herald and possibly Univision will be there. This will help our image. I spoke with a reporter for the Herald and she said she wants to do a story on the clean up. "HUGE," if alot of us volunteer. There was a clean up ride in 2005 and that was a good turn out. So let's plan it.
plan it.....................................................
Ill be there for that.
How about mid Feb for a clean up ride ?
Quote from: Thrumud on October 20, 2006, 08:19:14 PM
How about mid Feb for a clean up ride ?
thrumud Im not sure how to go and find out this info but if you know maybe you can help but there is a large piece of open land (hard to find in miami)but has a few large lakes but don't know how to find out if public but think its private.but if mdade was persuaided could they buy out this land and how to go about it?
mid feb sounds good to me.....im free just about all the time, so when you get an exact date post it.
Just as long its not Valentines day weekend. I have other plans for that day with my girlfriend ;D
Quote from: articcat on October 20, 2006, 08:41:52 PM
Quote from: Thrumud on October 20, 2006, 08:19:14 PM
How about mid Feb for a clean up ride ?
thrumud Im not sure how to go and find out this info but if you know maybe you can help but there is a large piece of open land (hard to find in miami)but has a few large lakes but don't know how to find out if public but think its private.but if mdade was persuaided could they buy out this land and how to go about it?
Give an idea of where this land is. I am very familiar with dade county.
Quote from: worms on October 20, 2006, 09:17:41 PM
mid feb sounds good to me.....im free just about all the time, so when you get an exact date post it.
You got it, I will contact the dade crew and post it.
Quote from: Sleazy_Rider78 on October 20, 2006, 11:23:08 PM
Just as long its not Valentines day weekend. I have other plans for that day with my girlfriend ;D
No not on Valentines day weekend.
Quote from: Thrumud on October 21, 2006, 12:05:54 AM
Quote from: articcat on October 20, 2006, 08:41:52 PM
Quote from: Thrumud on October 20, 2006, 08:19:14 PM
How about mid Feb for a clean up ride ?
thrumud Im not sure how to go and find out this info but if you know maybe you can help but there is a large piece of open land (hard to find in miami)but has a few large lakes but don't know how to find out if public but think its private.but if mdade was persuaided could they buy out this land and how to go about it?
Give an idea of where this land is. I am very familiar with dade county.
this is off of I-75 starting on 138st and runs to 186 st from 75 to almost okeechobee rd.
Quote from: articcat on October 21, 2006, 01:52:51 AM
Quote from: Thrumud on October 21, 2006, 12:05:54 AM
Quote from: articcat on October 20, 2006, 08:41:52 PM
Quote from: Thrumud on October 20, 2006, 08:19:14 PM
How about mid Feb for a clean up ride ?
thrumud Im not sure how to go and find out this info but if you know maybe you can help but there is a large piece of open land (hard to find in miami)but has a few large lakes but don't know how to find out if public but think its private.but if mdade was persuaided could they buy out this land and how to go about it?
Give an idea of where this land is. I am very familiar with dade county.
this is off of I-75 starting on 138st and runs to 186 st from 75 to almost okeechobee rd.
I think Rinker still owns that. A large portion of the area is private land but I'll check again. I use to ride there back in 04
As far as the trash goes maybe some Tickets should be issued to the offenders. I havent been to Holeylands but isnt it patrolled. A few $500 fines would curb this and maybe cause the offenders not to want to ride there anymore. Why is it the non offenders have to keep going out and pickup after the pigs that leave the garbage. Here is another though. If they are caught they should have to spend 4 full weekends in Zebra suits picking up trash with their ankles in shackles. Or have to stand out front of the place in a Zebra suit holding a sign saying this is what happens when I litter !.. Ah I feel better now.
i'm in for the cleanup ride,1st weekend would be great....hunting season will be over and we will be able to ride again..
there is usually only one FWC out there...well since i have been going there...and it would be impossible for him to watch everyone....even on the trails there is trash....fines would be good...but how hard is it to bring a trash bag?
I have no problem with other people cleaning up pigs messes but I dont think that will stop it. It causes the attitude that "hey somebody else will get it". I all for cleanup rides , but that should be in conjunction with strong enforcement.
yeah it is like a party at your house....people will come over and party but you are usually left to clean the mess otherwise it wont get cleaned
Guys, would you agree to set the clean up for Sat Feb 3rd ? I will be out there the day before camping with a few riders, ya'll more than welcome to join us. We do night rides, it's a blast !
im in for the clean up ride...what time should we meet up?
I plan to be there the day before around 7:PM - We can start clean up at 10:AM Sat. Feb 3rd.
Watcha think ?
perfect...im there...