Okay boys and girls, November 4th is coming fast!!
If QS#1 was any indication of times ahead, we have a series all will enjoy.
All you MX'ers may want a piece of this as we mix it up with a little bit of everything Seminole has to offer. Although some areas may be tight for some of those +2 front ends ;)
At the first event all of you with kids will attest, IT WAS A BLAST!! All of you without will too! Okay it was a little bumpy, but it beats sitting at home!
Friday night the gates will be open. So come on out and camp with us and prepare your machines early.
These are fun races that will test you and your machine. Bring your freinds and see who can live up to all the bragging they do back at home!
If you are REALLY ready to ride, there will be a NO POINTS race in Orland on October 21st. It is held at the same place but the club cut new trails. Those do not have quite the quad turnout due to lack of points. Good fun no matter what. Although I often feel "I don't do anything that requires this much physical effort!"
C'mon out and see what it's all about.
Ill be at seminole, but not back to the boggy creek. 3 foot deep whoops dont appeal to me anymore..
is this event at holy land and wat is the date and times of the races?
Quote from: Ryan561 on October 12, 2006, 03:08:23 AM
is this event at holy land and wat is the date and times of the races?
No, it is at the seminole tribe motocross in clewiston florida. It is located inside the reservation.
Check out www.floridatrailriders.org for more information.
I rode the trail for the first time this past sunday and damm was that sh*t tight and my bike is all stock, and the whoops arent that great either. I dont see how they can hold quad races in those trails.
I might be there
I will be there for sure, this is one of my favorite, the way I see it the rougher and hotter the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mudnuri, my goal this race is to try again, and im sure you know what I mean.....
Hey guys, it will be a nice race, everytime I race there I have a great time, MX and SX tracks plus new wood trails all at the same time, it doesn't get much better then that, come on evryone and "MX Raptor 7R" we all have to go through the same track, same woods is just going faster and faster, that's what the challenge is all about... come on and give it a try, you will like it.
See you guys at the track
Luis C.
pd, Brian you're flying and Willis has always been fast so it will be all good !!!
I'll be there and maybe the orlando hs.
there are tight sections, but that's what makes a hare scramble. and if you went to the orlando race the whoops at seminole are pebbles compared to that. it's worth the $$ to ride unique Trails that are set up for races, you can't find that anywhere else in South Florida. it's a great experance to even watch...
was at seminole the sat. they opened back up the trails are nice and they will most likely use some of them for the race. the two little water holes will most likey be dried up by this coming weekend,
heading down again this sunday for some more practice....
if this would be just a lil closer to me, I could do de same but o well, have to wait until the race day !!!
I will try to be there sunday.. I have a blue YFZ with the number 823, chest protector says HARGIS on the back.
I will be at the race and I will be at Seminole on this Sunday to ride the woods.
I have only got one ride in since Boggy Creek. My machine has been overheating and the carb is sticking open a bit. I have been working some sick hours and am trying to work late night on my quad. Last night till 2am.
I think most of the woods course will be different than what you are allowed to ride on now. This will have a bit of everything and it is made for us.
Willis, I do know what you mean and I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)
If I get my s together, I will meet you down there Fred and anyone else. I need it. Although my history with Seminole is ugly. 2 weeks before a QS there, my DS attacked me and to the hospital I went. So I am looking forward to it.
Question...+3's can't fit through this course can they??
Hmmmm? I would have to say probably not. Not sure, though. 50 inches is our width rule. So wider than that is too wide for XC. Sorry
Quote from: mudnuri on October 13, 2006, 02:44:44 AM
Hmmmm? I would have to say probably not. Not sure, though. 50 inches is our width rule. So wider than that is too wide for XC. Sorry
My motocross bike sits at 50" with +3 arms and 4-1 offset rims, I wouldn't take it in the woods though, way too wide.
I would love to ride with yall Sunday, but I had a crash while practicing A week ago and got quiet a few stitches in my face (as in 30 of them total) I got a few of them out Thursday but the rest will not come out till next week, (AND YES I WAS WEARING A HELMET BUT GOT THE BARS IN THE FACE), I will be healed up before the Q.S. race at Seminole though.....
Sorry to hear that Willis.
Money is tight right now so I wont be heading to seminole. :(
Quote from: PLEDGER#76 on October 13, 2006, 05:24:28 PM
I would love to ride with yall Sunday, but I had a crash while practicing A week ago and got quiet a few stitches in my face (as in 30 of them total) I got a few of them out Thursday but the rest will not come out till next week, (AND YES I WAS WEARING A HELMET BUT GOT THE BARS IN THE FACE), I will be healed up before the Q.S. race at Seminole though.....
damn dude. that sounds painful.
hope for a speedy recovery.
Quote from: PLEDGER#76 on October 13, 2006, 05:24:28 PM
I would love to ride with yall Sunday, but I had a crash while practicing A week ago and got quiet a few stitches in my face (as in 30 of them total) I got a few of them out Thursday but the rest will not come out till next week, (AND YES I WAS WEARING A HELMET BUT GOT THE BARS IN THE FACE), I will be healed up before the Q.S. race at Seminole though.....
Hey Will, sorry to heard that, hope you'r feeling better now and I'm sure you'll be ready for QS 2
im going out there this sunday on my new yfz(new to me ) ill be the 1 on the mx track geting passed by lil kids lol
Dang Willis! Glad you are okay. I'm sure you were schooling someone. Don't tell me you stiched yourself up :D
Fred, I am in the same boat so I too will not be going.
I had a DS and it was 50" wide. I admidt I replaced the front end three times, but I had fun... just before each crash! Seminole was the tightest in the state. With the new track being made and it being made by quadders for quadders, I don't know what to expect. :P
who went out there today ? i was there all day on my new yfz (doing mx ) i went on the trails 1 time and boy lol it was tight(my bike is wider then stock ) i think i saw TRX450R_Racer there
i was parked in the front by the lil kids track witha blue ss and a crf450 dirt bike
Quote from: trx&yfz450kid on October 15, 2006, 11:17:31 PM
who went out there today ? i was there all day on my new yfz (doing mx ) i went on the trails 1 time and boy lol it was tight(my bike is wider then stock ) i think i saw TRX450R_Racer there
i was parked in the front by the lil kids track witha blue ss and a crf450 dirt bike
I was there. You should of come over and said hi. The woods track is ruff. I ran 5 hard laps in a row and it beat me up.
Quote from: trx&yfz450kid on October 15, 2006, 11:17:31 PM
who went out there today ? i was there all day on my new yfz (doing mx ) i went on the trails 1 time and boy lol it was tight(my bike is wider then stock ) i think i saw TRX450R_Racer there
i was parked in the front by the lil kids track witha blue ss and a crf450 dirt bike
so how'd you like your first time at the track?
loved it never doing any thing eles besides it unless i go to ocala or croom
mx is sooo much fun
i was trying to clear 2 doubels and 2 tabels but didnt want to hurt my self the 1st time ever on the track
also it was my 1st time riding my yfz besides on the road nere my house
im def hurting today my thumb is hurting like a mofo
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on October 16, 2006, 04:11:51 PM
Quote from: trx&yfz450kid on October 15, 2006, 11:17:31 PM
who went out there today ? i was there all day on my new yfz (doing mx ) i went on the trails 1 time and boy lol it was tight(my bike is wider then stock ) i think i saw TRX450R_Racer there
i was parked in the front by the lil kids track witha blue ss and a crf450 dirt bike
I was there. You should of come over and said hi. The woods track is ruff. I ran 5 hard laps in a row and it beat me up.
yea i was going to but when i was going around the pits to check how much ppl where on the big track yall where loading up and thats when i went on the trails
and yes they where ruff i hit so manny trees lol
i did 1 lap on the trails and i was beat to he!!
We will be there again on Oct 29th. I want to ride asa much as I can before the race there on 11/4. We will be going to Croom on Thursday evening 10/19 until Sunday 10/22. Maybe I'll see you next time.
cool. im glad you liked it. hopefully "ONE OF THESE DAYS" when jesse gets out of punishment we can meet out there.
they are haveing a supercross race there on the 29th. but i'm not sure if the woods track will be open for practice... ANY ONE know if it will be open.
im going might be going this thurs(mabey i doono yet cuz i missed school today and dont think my mom will let me miss 2 days )
Quote from: gery350 on October 17, 2006, 03:16:39 AM
cool. im glad you liked it. hopefully "ONE OF THESE DAYS" when jesse gets out of punishment we can meet out there.
gery when will jesse be off punishment ?
Quote from: yfz450kid on October 17, 2006, 04:04:31 PM
gery when will jesse be off punishment ?
next progress report/report card
(hopefully it will be good)
cool the greading period ends this thursday
i hope i get good greads or i will be in the same boat that he is in
Im going to be there. Is there camping at Seminole. I will be getting there late on friday. And has any one rode the course recently to see how is it is?
The course for FTR Quadscramble #2 is NOT a part of the course you have ridden. It is new. So only the course workers really know how it is. They say it is AWESOME!! I am willing to bet they are right!
I feel totally out of shape. Since QS#1, my machine has been down and I have not been able to ride. I am struggling to get it back together for this weekend-10/21. There is one of these races in Orlando, but it's mainly for motorcycles. It is the same property as last time, but totally different course. Much tighter.
Ride hard Ride safe
how far is to from west palm?
what??
Quote from: mudnuri on October 17, 2006, 09:52:32 PM
what??
If you sak about Seminole "QS2" is arround 100 mile I'll say, if you ask about "HS3" is in Orlando, by the airport so make your math....
I'll try that new track in Orlando, even if it is the same track we already raced, I'll do it one more time, there is no better practice then another race, ooooohhh yeahhhh !!!!
Come on Brian, gent that quad runing and joing us this weekend, can't wait for Seminole, see you guys
If your "greading" period ends Thursday, don't set your heart on grades that will impress anybody. Better get a good grip on that paddle because from the look of things, you're up the proverbial creek.
Is there camping there? Or do I have to sleep in my truck
There is camping at all FTR events.
Hey Frank, where ever is a FTR race, there is a camp ground, there is plenty of room for camping at Seminole, and there is a big parking lot on front of the MX park that people also uses, give me a "ring" for more info if needed !!!
Luis, I'll call you. Im getting ready. Going to croom on sunday am. to get session in
Yep, I'm leaving on Friday, not sure at what time just yet !!!
Quote from: cubnfrank on October 19, 2006, 01:27:29 AM
Luis, I'll call you. Im getting ready. Going to croom on sunday am. to get session in
I will be at Croom all weekend in the camp ground. Cruise in and say hi.
what is a teather????
Quote from: Eric5555 on October 19, 2006, 01:52:09 AM
what is a teather????
kill switch, safety laniard, (a cord that is attached to u so when u fall off the bike your bike will shut off)
Frank, I remember you from the QS#1, I think we were in the same class.. I'll stop by.
Quote from: atvtrailer on October 19, 2006, 01:56:51 AM
Quote from: Eric5555 on October 19, 2006, 01:52:09 AM
what is a teather????
kill switch, safety laniard, (a cord that is attached to u so when u fall off the bike your bike will shut off)
how much are they and how do u put them on your bike?
About $25, It ataches, 1 wire to the coil and the other to the neg on battery. And the teather to you.
Whos racing the QC 0-400 +16 class?
Hey Rian, I don't know anybody from this forum that race that class but at "QS#1" we had 20 or 21 riders at, "C 0-400 " class
i asked cuz i might enter and wanted to know what bike the other guys were riding so i would know if i had a chance lol
Quote from: Ryan561 on October 19, 2006, 02:47:21 AM
i asked cuz i might enter and wanted to know what bike the other guys were riding so i would know if i had a chance lol
well its not really the bike, its more about how much endurance u have and what your riding abilty is, so if your a good rider you would probly do good, definly worth a try... QS#1 was my first race on my stock(minus redone suspension) 450r and i did pretty good(3rd in c open)
Quote from: cubnfrank on October 19, 2006, 02:02:11 AM
Frank, I remember you from the QS#1, I think we were in the same class.. I'll stop by.
Senior Class.
Just look for my quad.
Alright kiddies quit hijack the thread! LOL! ;D
Here is a link for an update. http://www.floridaquadriders.com/public_html/message_board/showthread.php?p=7407#post7407 (http://www.floridaquadriders.com/public_html/message_board/showthread.php?p=7407#post7407)
Anyone missing this will be sorry. Nothing like breaking in a new trail with about 200 other riders!
I know some of you MX'ers will opt out due to width. Can't say as I blame you. I know first hand how much a front end costs. Some of you MX'ers have some really sweet rides.
All you guys with utilites are welcomed and expected. So trick em' out boys!
How big is the B class?
we had 27 riders in "QS#1" in "open B"
Lets just say, 5 riders had to line up BEHIND us.
Also, randal.. Having your shocks redone isnt considered stock anymore. You have more of a advantage over someone with stock suspension.
I think I'll go to the Harescramble tomorrow. I didnt get to do the last race there because of last minute problems and I just want to ride.
Im going to make this event Ill be in the C class 0-400 #8C
Quote from: Chillinthemost on October 20, 2006, 08:44:59 PM
I think I'll go to the Harescramble tomorrow. I didnt get to do the last race there because of last minute problems and I just want to ride.
Yes men, I saw you before the race but I never saw you at the race, I'll see you tomorrow
Quote from: yfz450kid on October 17, 2006, 04:24:04 PM
cool the greading period ends this thursday
i hope i get good greads or i will be in the same boat that he is in
Get your oars lashed!
Quote from: Ryan561 on October 19, 2006, 02:25:21 AM
Whos racing the QC 0-400 +16 class?
I'm in the 0-400 C class. There were 21 riders in that class at QS#1. It was a blast. Course beat the living snot out of me.
Looking forward to QS#2. I'm 34c if you make it out stop by.
Ken
im perty sure ill be there but i need to order my exaust and jets first... how is the dmc?
Make sure the exhaust you order is quiet, they will be sound testing.
Quote from: Ryan561 on October 22, 2006, 05:29:00 PM
im perty sure ill be there but i need to order my exaust and jets first... how is the dmc?
DMC has the "afterburner" it is a very quiet pipe
Matt good race yesterday
Save your money for a better suspension not a pipe. I don't care how "fast" you make your machine. "Fast" will not help you an hour into a two hour race.
I learned that from #76 .
Send your rear shock to GT Thunder and for less than $400, you can have a bad arse rear to fly over the bumps. Then get some tires. Doing XC, you'd be totally wasting your money piping and jetting. :N
Quote from: mudnuri on October 23, 2006, 12:55:08 AM
Save your money for a better suspension not a pipe. I don't care how "fast" you make your machine. "Fast" will not help you an hour into a two hour race.
I learned that from #76 .
Send your rear shock to GT Thunder and for less than $400, you can have a bad arse rear to fly over the bumps. Then get some tires. Doing XC, you'd be totally wasting your money piping and jetting. :N
what tires are good for the race???
wat number plates do i need... i ordered the Big Gun evoX its suposed to be realy quiet and a pro armor tether
Quote from: Ryan561 on October 23, 2006, 01:31:28 AM
wat number plates do i need... i ordered the Big Gun evoX its suposed to be realy quiet and a pro armor tether
0-400 16+ C class is a yellow backround number plate, if u look at the QS fliers they say on the right side what u need
Matt good race yesterday
[/quote]
Thanks, it beat me up and my hands are blistered but I had fun.
Quote from: atvtrailer on October 23, 2006, 01:41:18 AM
Quote from: Ryan561 on October 23, 2006, 01:31:28 AM
wat number plates do i need... i ordered the Big Gun evoX its suposed to be realy quiet and a pro armor tether
0-400 16+ C class is a yellow backround number plate, if u look at the QS fliers they say on the right side what u need
where do u buy a number plate??
You can order a number plate from any MX supplier. I use mxsouth.com
how many people r in JrQ 91-300cc 13-15???
Quote from: Eric5555 on October 23, 2006, 09:49:59 PM
how many people r in JrQ 91-300cc 13-15???
Roughly seven hundred.
wat do u think are good tires for the race???
Razr's are good. You'll need at least 3 sets mounted and ready to go during pit stops.
I think the most you will have is 15 or so.
Last race was just under 200 riders in all.
Any 6ply performance tire will be good.
Depending if you get out of 1st gear or not.. You may need the 3 extra sets.
Also, to anyone running the seminole track, I suggest pumping your tires up to reduce popping on huge friggen rocks.
Pics are up from the last race in Orlando. Go to the FTr homepage and click on the gallery link. The first set is where the pics are. I found starting on page #45
:)
found a pic of me on there, dang I look good
(http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/gititrag/G2_HS3_10_21_06_410.jpg)
I saw that picture and said to myself...
"yep, he would have beat me"
Awesome pic! Drop that photographer a note! He does it for free and will send you a high res image :P
It is nice to see some quads on those pics, lil by lil we will get there, we are making our own spot, supporting all this quads races "MX" and "XC" will get us further and further, just keep working hard and give a hand to all those that are making this happen.
whats up louis we will be at bithlo this weekend. and seminole next weekend for a little combo racing. were hopng after the race sunday the track will be open so my son can get some practice.
Yep Tony, as I understand, Sunday will be a regular practice day, good luck at bithlo
Lets bump this up people...
Race is this weekend!!
I will be there saturday morning... Hopfully I dont get taken out the first lap!
We'll be there, PEE WEE B and me. Told myself last year that I would go there and learn that track before this years race. Guess what? I didn't.
You still could go tuesday or thursday...
Finally got my machine back to running like new. I'm probably going to get my arse handed to me at this one. and I'll be :'(
I went over to a friends house and he and his brother were getting ready. They will each pull campers. I will pull the trailer and haul the golf cart in the bed. We have quite a convoy with 16 of us camping out Friday night. 7 entries out of us.
I have to grocery shop. All my gear is clean and ready.
Might get a practice in Wednesday.
I bet we have 200+ riders this time. Some of the kids are showing up on some really tricked out machines.
im trying to get some named riders out there.. not sure if they will be in state or not..but if they show, it will be great!
That would be cool. We've run with Yokley, Farr, and Borich. So whoever it is will be great!
Going to the doctor tommorrow to see if I can race or not (might do it even if he says not to) but hoping I get the clearance from him to go rip it up at the seminole track, have not rode in a month now but I think I will still be OK to turn it up a notch or two.......
Quote from: svtbolt04 on October 30, 2006, 02:20:20 AM
im trying to get some named riders out there.. not sure if they will be in state or not..but if they show, it will be great!
That would be awesome! Does anybody know if it would be hard to sign up in the morning if your not already a FTR member?
5o inches too wide eh?
Quote from: RAD 700r on October 31, 2006, 02:27:53 AM
Quote from: svtbolt04 on October 30, 2006, 02:20:20 AM
im trying to get some named riders out there.. not sure if they will be in state or not..but if they show, it will be great!
That would be awesome! Does anybody know if it would be hard to sign up in the morning if your not already a FTR member?
I havent heard back from them yet... They both live in PA ;).....I dont think they will be down this week.. Sorry, I tried.
50 inches is the max by rule.
Fred, don't worry about it. We have our own pro's Taylor Kiser and Jennifer Albright. They both give the top pros a run for the money. ;)
Sign-up is in the morning and if you are not a memeber don't worry. They have a seperate join-up line.
C'mon you MX'ers! Make your quad a little bit skinny and let's see what you've got!!
I know TRX#9 wants some!
dingle dingle dingle ding Come and get it!
Thanks
Phil and I are looking forward to this weekend... ;)
Please say Hi :) :P
Jen
does anybody know if sunday the track will be open for regular practice. we are planning to stay all weekend so my son can practice the mx track.
Yes the track will be open on Sunday.
Well, I got blind-sided by the wife this afternoon. After telling me all month her grandmother's party was Sunday, I found out it is Saturday at 3:00, just as I should have been starting my run. I won't be racing but will be out in the morning for my son to race in Super PeeWee. Since December 2 is already spoken for, I guess my next event will be one of the HS or QS4. See you on the trail then. :'(
Hey men, bring them all, and have the party on the track, ooohhh yeeeaaaahhh, that way you can race and we all have a party :R
See everyone at the track !!!!
Whooooo-Wheee!! You boys better have your mud gear ready for this one!! It's been raining for nearly 24 hours down here and it's going to be WET!! I'm not so sure I'm going to be too upset about missing this. Luckily, I'll be out there long enough to watch some of the riders come in off the practice runs. Should be amusing! ;D
Crap! I just cleaned mine!
wet= mud.......finally our first mud race of the year...WOOT!!!
If I dont break down or anything of that nature.. I usually do pretty well in mud races... Somthing about having that extra 20lbs to hustle me through the bogs.
I broke first lap. I know I didnt end up in last though.. Some guy in my class went off into the canal.
TRX_racer , When I was helping you on the log... I now have enough dirt in my ears/hair to make a small sandcastle from the roost you threw at me. All good though.
I hate breaking. It is the worst ever. I havent completed a full race this year. My bike just isnt prepared in some areas I guess.
Bad holeshot 2nd to last got to 10th at the beginning of the 2nd lap and then hit a tree and bent left tie-rod.:( limped back to to the finish line, want to say sorry for everyone that I held up while I was putting back and getting stuck everywhere, but I sure wasn't going to wait till the end of the race for someone to tow me back in the dark... I saw TWO bikes in the Canals.. all and all was a good track. tight but FAST....
SVT Thanks for the help.
I clipped a tree and went over the bars on the first lap. It bent the left tie rod and snapped the end off of my PEP stabilizer. That's 2 weeks in a row that has happened. I guess it's time to ge a Precision.
The course was fun. It had some of everything.
It was a fun day. I finished 3rd. and I feel like I got hit by a truck. I've got to find the time to practice more, I slow down too much at the end.
I commited a sin and payed for it.
Instead of using the practice lap as intended, (to give us a chance to see what the course is like) I was going too fast for a turn. I went into the turn with the expectation of passing a C rider. Well I ran out of talent and my machine hooked up and flipped over. I pushed off and ejected myself so my quad would not land on me. My shoulder guard on my chest protector must have hit the ground first and in such a way that when I came down it jammed into my right shoulder. Seminole took me out almost 2 years ago. Broke my right collar bone and some nerve damage to my left leg. So I am on the ground thinking "Great. Here we go again."
This is where the members of FTR shine. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO STOPPED! I think it was Jimmy Benton who was there right away. I rememer seeing Luis, but I was seeing stars and didn't want to let on taht I was injured. Between them and everyone else who stopped, they helped me up and righted my quad. They showed me my steering stem was bent and so were the handle bars. I rented a helmet cam, but didn't have it hooked up for practice, so no good crash caught on tape :( hehehe-that was the second thing Jimmy asked!
I had the paramedics check to see if my collar bone was broken. They said they didn't think so, but I should get an x-ray.
So after the race I went to the hospital (what a nightmare) and had an x-ray taken. Sure as heck, a hairline fracture in my shoulder. I knew something had to be broken. Everytime I hit the throttle the machine the reaction was not fun for the craked bone.
I asked the announcer during the riders meeting to ask if anyone had an extra stem. He put the word out over the loud speaker and Tony Pitts spoke up. THANK YOU TONY!!
I swapped it out and lined up. In my hurriedness, I didn't hit the record button as I was supposed to, so nothing I can share from that point of view. Sorry, PAUL!#8VET
FTR members are the BEST!
p.s. On the flip side, about the guy in the canal. When I came on that scene I first saw the belly of the machine. Then I saw two heads sticking out of the water struggling to hold it up. The rider did not appear to be hurt, but I stopped to at least try to help. My shoulder screamed when I tried to pull it up the bank. A senior rider came up and my quad was blocking the trail and he had the nerve to scream at me. Nice. Thanks for helping out whoever you are. I know that piece of wood that you were not going to get because you were so far back from your class is SOOOO important to you. More important than helping out in a bad situation. You are a real class act. I know he is not the only one who just rode right on by. How sad.
Sorry to hear about your injury, Mud. Wasn't a good day for us, either. During the PeeWee practice, my son was going through the puddles instead of around them. The Outerwears on his air cleaner apparently was a little loose and ended up scooping up large quantities of muddy water. His machine stopped and while trying to get it going again, I pulled the plug to find it soaked in muddy water. Not good. Towed him back, loaded the bike back on the trailer and drove the 60 miles back home. Wasn't worth getting up at 5 AM for. Guess we'll see you guys in January.
Sorry to hear that Diggin. I had the same problem with my sons bike. He got a good start in pee wee B and then the water got him. His bike was running like crap and stalled a bunch of times. He wound up with 4th and a little more experience.
diggin' read chillin's post and that is what you should say. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson. :N I know the feeling of being bummed out on making a long haul (which your was not) and having mechanical trouble. I bet your son feels it was GREAT! Just learn from it, practice with your child and be prepared. And don't go too fast approaching a turn during practice! hehehe
I have holeshot vids of the 3:30 classes. I will post them later. Right now I need to get some ice :'(
I met a bunch more new people that are on here. and no my last name is not Mudnuri It is Mud-n-ur-i unless you wear these 8)
It was a really nice race out there, nice "combo" "MX" "SX" "XC" and wide open and yes some whoops, it was an asome track, may be one of the best I've been on, great job and thank's to all that people that made it possible for us.
Hey Brian, I was like 50 feet behind you when your quad decide to kick you out and Jimy was just behind me, you where on your feet by the time we stop and you didn't look hurt bad, hope you get better soon.
I was second to the last at the holeshot (out of 20 riders) made my way to the middle of the pack on the "SX" track and then on the tight woods everyone got stuck, I pass a lot of people but a lot more pass me hehehe, I saw Kevin Cook all wet, just getting out of the water, yep his quad looked more like a Jetski at that moment, but he had a big smile at his face, o well he was OK.
Neal MacGrath won his class and put out a nice race, he did a great job getting his "MX" quad trough those tigh woods, and we all know how fast he is when it come to jump. Great job boy, hope to see you on more of this "QS" races
Hey Matt, great job out there those guys Chris (1rst) and Jason (2nd) are just flying, they are riding really good, it just let us to work out a lot more to get a lil closer hehehe.
I had a great time and it was really good to see that many quads, not sure how many we had but I think we had a better turn out then the first, let keep it on the way up.
I went to watch Rad700 race, and now I've got the bug to try one of these races out for myself on my dirt bike. There's one coming in January for me. But as for Rad700, all he had to say after the race (and before throwing up his gatorade) was, "That was intense." I think he did a good job anyways completeing the entire race. A bunch of people dropped out on the second and third laps. And I saw you TRX450R_Racer (Frank), as you took off on your race, your bike is easy to pick out of a crowd. I had a lot of fun just watching, and now I've got the bug to enter a race.
Well, I didn't really intend to come off so harsh but to drive 60 miles and watch my son get three practice laps before breaking was a bit of a downer. We were both very disappointed. Unfortunately, his quad just isn't designed to be run through water (there is no airbox - carb is out in the open and only the Outerwears is there to block any water) and it would have been difficult for him to stay completely out of it on the kids track. He was really excited for this race because he had a brand new set of Elka's on his quad. The stock shocks were stiff enough for me to ride it and the Elka's had given him a lot of confidence in practice. Just like Chillin's son, Austin is now a little wiser and really chompin' at the bit for the next race.
Hey everyone, I gotta say, that for my first race, That was probably the most fun Ive ever had. Let's see, some words to describe it were Fun, Intesne, Exhausting, Exhilirating and awesome. The practice lap was fun and I knew this was going to be good. My first lap I had the bug to ride hard and ignore everyone that told me to go at your own pace and take it easy :banghead.gif. I got pretty tired quick but took my own pace soon enough too keep going and finish, the second lap is when the fatigue factor started setting in but with determination and adrenaline I just kept going. Third and Fourth were not as bad but still pretty brutal. When I finished I fealt like I just climbed mount everest or something. A fealing of self confidence was certanitly there. Got back to the truck and just sat down and sipped on some ice cold gatorade :drink.gif. Started taking my stuff off and out of nowhere I just hurled lol. A wise man once said "If youve never thorwn up after a workout then youve never worked out." Doing that race just wants me to work even harder,stonger and smarter to become that best that I could be. Also just wanted to thank everyone that was ever helped me or any information that had to do with this race. Thanks!
P.S. Does anyone know when there going to post the pictures?????
Of you projectile vomiting? I'll pass!
HAHA 2:L 2:L 2:L 2:L, Your funny
Yeah that little canal in one of those turns was deadly lol I saw a guy about halfway into a canal, Asked if he needed help, He said it would be quicker, So I helped out and got back on the track real quick. Nothing big. Thats another cool thing about the race, Nice people help you out when your in trouble, Pull over for slower riders ( That was me ) lol and everything else.
does anyone have pics??
I've seen some on www.floridaquadriders.com a lot of kids and some of the mornig races
Quote from: mudnuri on November 05, 2006, 04:43:51 AM
I commited a sin and payed for it.
Instead of using the practice lap as intended, (to give us a chance to see what the course is like) I was going too fast for a turn. I went into the turn with the expectation of passing a C rider. Well I ran out of talent and my machine hooked up and flipped over. I pushed off and ejected myself so my quad would not land on me. My shoulder guard on my chest protector must have hit the ground first and in such a way that when I came down it jammed into my right shoulder. Seminole took me out almost 2 years ago. Broke my right collar bone and some nerve damage to my left leg. So I am on the ground thinking "Great. Here we go again."
This is where the members of FTR shine. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO STOPPED! I think it was Jimmy Benton who was there right away. I rememer seeing Luis, but I was seeing stars and didn't want to let on taht I was injured. Between them and everyone else who stopped, they helped me up and righted my quad. They showed me my steering stem was bent and so were the handle bars. I rented a helmet cam, but didn't have it hooked up for practice, so no good crash caught on tape :( hehehe-that was the second thing Jimmy asked!
I had the paramedics check to see if my collar bone was broken. They said they didn't think so, but I should get an x-ray.
So after the race I went to the hospital (what a nightmare) and had an x-ray taken. Sure as heck, a hairline fracture in my shoulder. I knew something had to be broken. Everytime I hit the throttle the machine the reaction was not fun for the craked bone.
I asked the announcer during the riders meeting to ask if anyone had an extra stem. He put the word out over the loud speaker and Tony Pitts spoke up. THANK YOU TONY!!
I swapped it out and lined up. In my hurriedness, I didn't hit the record button as I was supposed to, so nothing I can share from that point of view. Sorry, PAUL!#8VET
FTR members are the BEST!
p.s. On the flip side, about the guy in the canal. When I came on that scene I first saw the belly of the machine. Then I saw two heads sticking out of the water struggling to hold it up. The rider did not appear to be hurt, but I stopped to at least try to help. My shoulder screamed when I tried to pull it up the bank. A senior rider came up and my quad was blocking the trail and he had the nerve to scream at me. Nice. Thanks for helping out whoever you are. I know that piece of wood that you were not going to get because you were so far back from your class is SOOOO important to you. More important than helping out in a bad situation. You are a real class act. I know he is not the only one who just rode right on by. How sad.
Dude, that was you that passed me. The slide you were in at the corner looked awesome till your biked flipped. Man, you went flying. I was glad to see you get up. It sucks your shoulder is cracked. Hope it heals quickly.
Ken
There are pics on the FTR site. http://www.floridatrailriders.org then go to the gallery.
I also posted more pics on floridaquadriders...under Woods Racing and in "Behind the Bars"
http://www.floridaquadriders.com/index.php?pg=Jennifer_Albright
http://www.floridaquadriders.com/public_html/message_board/showthread.php?t=1060
Jennifer
has the seminoles got off thier a$$es yet and started on the sand drag track?
Yeah someday they will, You guys are an even rarer bread so I dont think there busting their A$$es, but someday
they got over 9000.00 into a timing system. you would think they would get it done so they could make thier money back.
They did mention at the riders meeting on saturday that they were gonna start on the bathrooms, showers, and the sand drag track but did not mention exactly when...