Now you know where our public / private land is going. If we don't be careful, they might take RR
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061009/NEWS0105/61009024/1075
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
The fact is - they can.
"Florida dedicates $300 million each year to conservation activities, but two-thirds of that money goes to land purchases and management outside of the 10-year Florida Forever program, which Gov. Jeb Bush enacted when he came into office to replace an earlier Preservation 2000 land buying program." Remember this when you start hearing the same-old Fear and Loathing campaign of lies at election time.
No person shall . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property,
without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
— Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
I want my just compensation.
With regards to the north side, if they took away access, then how can they call it PUBLIC use? It doesn't seem like we can use it.
What's the average 1.25 acre piece of land go for in Florida? About 50 grand?
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
I 2nd that motion! ;D
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
No disrespect, but isn't that what America founded on? ask the Indians.
Quote from: Paul_S on October 10, 2006, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
No disrespect, but isn't that what America founded on? ask the Indians.
Maybe we can put up an casino like the Indians do.
River Ranch Hotel and Casino.
You know, we really should be emailing or writing on paper to our legislators regarding our feelings on this. The reason the conservationists get what they do is that they are active and LOUD.
Follow the bucks and they always lead to developers! The tree huggers are only middlemen in sheeps clothing.
Quote from: UncleRico on October 10, 2006, 08:07:27 AM
No person shall . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property,
without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
— Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
I want my just compensation.
With regards to the north side, if they took away access, then how can they call it PUBLIC use? It doesn't seem like we can use it.
What's the average 1.25 acre piece of land go for in Florida? About 50 grand?
Depends where you live, here in WPB it's around 100K an acre, up north by ocala it's around 30K an acre.
Quote from: dnigels on October 11, 2006, 02:27:52 PM
Follow the bucks and they always lead to developers! The tree huggers are only middlemen in sheeps clothing.
LOL, I like that !
Quote from: UncleRico on October 11, 2006, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on October 10, 2006, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
No disrespect, but isn't that what America founded on? ask the Indians.
Maybe we can put up an casino like the Indians do.
River Ranch Hotel and Casino.
see ya all on the reservation
Quote from: 4fittyr on October 11, 2006, 09:28:18 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 11, 2006, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on October 10, 2006, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
No disrespect, but isn't that what America founded on? ask the Indians.
Maybe we can put up an casino like the Indians do.
River Ranch Hotel and Casino.
see ya all on the reservation
I'll Be there!!!!
Quote from: rancher4lyfe on October 11, 2006, 09:40:30 PM
Quote from: 4fittyr on October 11, 2006, 09:28:18 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 11, 2006, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on October 10, 2006, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
No disrespect, but isn't that what America founded on? ask the Indians.
Maybe we can put up an casino like the Indians do.
River Ranch Hotel and Casino.
see ya all on the reservation
Me too
I'll Be there!!!!
Quote from: UncleRico on October 11, 2006, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: Paul_S on October 10, 2006, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on October 09, 2006, 11:11:47 PM
The fact that government can force people to give up their land seems to be against everything which I thought America stood for.
No disrespect, but isn't that what America founded on? ask the Indians.
Maybe we can put up an casino like the Indians do.
River Ranch Hotel and Casino.
We have a winner! I'm two parts fire-water, that should qualify us for reservation status.
I heard your Indian name is " SIX BEERS "
Why do you ask "TWO DOGS ?#@$ING"