After many months and countless hours of lost sleep (not to mention arguments with the wife) :'( . . . . The old LT250R Quadracer is up and running! I know it's been 20 years since I rode something like this, but this thing HALLS BALLS!!! I was riding it the neighborhood and the front end would come up by just blipping it, in 3rd gear! :ThumbsUp.gif
Needless to say, I'm very excited and am looking forward to meeting you guys on the tracks and trails. First up is a trailer, but looks like I'm gonna need some flattrack equipment soon. Anyone got anything laying around??? :(
I wanna give a big shout to QUAD32X for all his help! I know you guys are always picking on him, but he was a great help in this project. And an all around great guy! :T
Take Care,
KEith
Glad to hear it Keith! I look forward to meeting up with you. And notice that you started after and still finished before Quad :o
Cain
i dont think they make fun of quad32x cause of his will to help and his atv building skills i think its just because hes funny looking.... :R
wheres the pictures at?
I can't wait to see some pictures of that LT250R. I have always loved those bikes, they handle awesome. I wish I still had mine.
Quad32x is a super cool guy, hanging out with him at the tracks is one of the things that makes racing so much fun. I hope he gets his LT500R on the track soon, I think some people are gonna be in for a surprise.. :o ;)
Well, it's sure not pretty... But hey... WTF... RIGHT?
Thanks for the support!
KEith
(http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/bmd11/07d2a5cd.jpg)
Of course this is with the engine out... Not any nicer with the engine in... :ouch.gif
Quote from: Scott270r on October 02, 2006, 04:46:36 PM
I can't wait to see some pictures of that LT250R. I have always loved those bikes, they handle awesome. I wish I still had mine.
Quad32x is a super cool guy, hanging out with him at the tracks is one of the things that makes racing so much fun. I hope he gets his LT500R on the track soon, I think some people are gonna be in for a surprise.. :o ;)
I've actually seen the old man (Quad) ride. He can definitely bring it! I look forward to him handing some people their a$$es when he gets that Zilla running. If I had to pick a fat old mullet headed goofy guy as a hero it would without a doubt be Quad ;D
He's my hero for sure.
So, anyone got any go fast stuff for the old beast of burden? I think I should invest in some Krylon or something!
the hell with krylon take that thing back apart and take it to the powder coater the plastics look good so if you get your other parts powder coated that bike will look almost brand new 8)
Quote from: tat2mike on October 04, 2006, 05:44:52 AM
the hell with krylon take that thing back apart and take it to the powder coater the plastics look good so if you get your other parts powder coated that bike will look almost brand new 8)
Krylon is more in my budget right now... Maybe in the future I'll do something more elaborate, and those plastics only look good from a distance. Trust me... She's no beauty queen. But it runs and now I can ride again!! ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: bmd11 on October 03, 2006, 07:09:51 PM
So, anyone got any go fast stuff for the old beast of burden? I think I should invest in some Krylon or something!
Go fast parts for yooue LT hmmm..........
I know! I have a tow rope you can hook to your bumper so you can put the other end on a 4 stroke to haul you around faster ! :o ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: debatethis on October 04, 2006, 01:28:17 PM
Quote from: bmd11 on October 03, 2006, 07:09:51 PM
So, anyone got any go fast stuff for the old beast of burden? I think I should invest in some Krylon or something!
Go fast parts for yooue LT hmmm..........
I know! I have a tow rope you can hook to your bumper so you can put the other end on a 4 stroke to haul you around faster ! :o ;D ;D ;D
LOL... DebateThis,
I remember a race not to long ago in Valdosta where a little LT250R was doing just fine racing against the 4-strokes. Maybe you didn't see this yet.
http://media.putfile.com/valdosta-int-main :o
Those LT's are good bikes too, Thomas needs to bring his out and let his results speak for themselves.
I can't wait to see the Crooked Man run that LT of his. I know it had some issues. Last time I saw that thing run it got spanked by my almost stock DS....it wasn't a pretty site. Quad tells me it's in much better shape to take on challengers now.
cain come on out to ocala saturday & watch dem 2 strokes smack that azzzzzz :'(
Quote from: Scott270r on October 04, 2006, 01:46:59 PM
Quote from: debatethis on October 04, 2006, 01:28:17 PM
Quote from: bmd11 on October 03, 2006, 07:09:51 PM
So, anyone got any go fast stuff for the old beast of burden? I think I should invest in some Krylon or something!
Go fast parts for yooue LT hmmm..........
I know! I have a tow rope you can hook to your bumper so you can put the other end on a 4 stroke to haul you around faster ! :o ;D ;D ;D
LOL... DebateThis,
I remember a race not to long ago in Valdosta where a little LT250R was doing just fine racing against the 4-strokes. Maybe you didn't see this yet.
http://media.putfile.com/valdosta-int-main :o
Those LT's are good bikes too, Thomas needs to bring his out and let his results speak for themselves.
Hey that wasn't a fair race! Teh 4 stroke guys didn't want to pass or get near that lt cause it sounded like it had a swarm of bees around it LOL
Quote from: 550superquad on October 04, 2006, 01:51:56 PM
cain come on out to ocala saturday & watch dem 2 strokes smack that azzzzzz :'(
Are you gonna be racing Sat ? I might be up for a trip to watch that big bore beast of your run.
yup ;)
Quote from: debatethis on October 04, 2006, 01:53:55 PM
Hey that wasn't a fair race! Teh 4 stroke guys didn't want to pass or get near that lt cause it sounded like it had a swarm of bees around it LOL
That's funny but true, LT's do sound like a swarm of bees when the throttle is pinned all the time.
LOL... DebateThis,
I remember a race not to long ago in Valdosta where a little LT250R was doing just fine racing against the 4-strokes. Maybe you didn't see this yet.
http://media.putfile.com/valdosta-int-main :o
Those LT's are good bikes too, Thomas needs to bring his out and let his results speak for themselves.
[/quote]
DAAAAAAMMMNNN!!! Now that was a WHOOPIN!!!
Keith,
I was doing some testing for Thomas while my 250R was down. That is an awesome bike, I really enjoyed racing it. I have thanked Thomas for letting me do so many times, now HE needs to put that one up front. 8)
So that WAS Crooked T's LT out there ? Dang I am impressed ! i agree I'd like to see him on it out front.
Yes, That is Thomas' bike out there. We threw on some extra parts we had laying around and some 8 year old tires in the back.........We figured what the heck, nobody expects this bike to do anything anyway, I just wanted to see if I could work out some bugs and get the bike to run decent..........Mission Accomplished!! ;D
Those LT's handle extremely well, (that is obvious from the video.....not trying to be redundant), and no bike can challenge them in the turns. The 2 guys that tried went off the track trying to follow me and the rest just got outrun by the LT's superior handling. 8)
Let's see LT250R handles great :ThumbsUp.gif
2 stroke motor - - Smokes the 4 pokes :ThumbsUp.gif
Cheap to run and rebuild :ThumbsUp.gif
I guess it's all good then! >:D
Just to update you fine peeps , the 500 is now a rolling chassis. I`ll post yall some pics later. I will also have the motor back this weekend so its gettin close now ! ;)
Tim, The rules just changed... Anything over 499cc has to run the open class. :P
It IS 499 cc but I dont have a problem with that. ;)
ya'll dont forget.... dougs lt250 will be on the track soon and ta'll can see what a good runnig lt can do!! !! !! ;)
Derek,
I can't wait to see it. It should run awesome. Doug Bizzle will be 2-stroking!! 8)
Quote from: Quad32x on October 06, 2006, 11:11:00 AM
It IS 499 cc but I dont have a problem with that. ;)
Oopps that was a typo.. i meant 470 and up... :H
Finally got to go out riding yesterday, and man was it fun! Franky really moves out!
Think I gotta replace the pipe. The old one is bent and doesn't fit well. The silencer is repacked, but still REALLY LOUD! She ran GREAT and did not give me one problem. :ThumbsUp.gif I love it when things work out. Think Jacob and I will have to check out ONF next
Just thought you might want an update.
Keith